[Posted on the OF] Sandtrout's idea on Stopping The Zerg - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Exuse me, i think i left one of my bullets in your brain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-13, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info
[Posted on the OF] Sandtrout's idea on Stopping The Zerg

I read a while ago a concept that Sandtrout had for stopping the zerg. I thought it was an awesome idea and that it should be shown on the OF. I finally got around to posting it there.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/001121.html

Please post comments here and post there if you support it.

Old 2004-01-13, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
xmodum
Colonel

sweet , i would love it that would be alot better than just being able to spawn at the nearby tower and then pwning the guy that killed u , sounds great
Old 2004-01-13, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

This was written by me
I don't mind zergs that much I just don't like how if one comes your way you may or may not be able to stop it. If it was better balanced so that defenders could push back a zerg and turn the tide of the battle that would be better in my opinion
Old 2004-01-13, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
xmodum
Colonel

kool , nice idea paintballboy
Old 2004-01-13, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Whatsisface said it would change the gameplay. Damn right it would. What would be the point of towers? A repair facility? Woohoo :: Points finger upwards and twirls it around :: The respawn system is fucked up enough and this guy would like to see towers killed as a spawn point? I agree with paint, defense needs to be buffed, not offense nerfed.
Old 2004-01-13, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

i like it but then PS would turn into "FIND THE AMS SO WE WONT LOSE!!11"

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-01-14, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

Theres always been a big deal made about finding the AMS. I think they should put this into effect in 1 corner of each continent, and see how much fun people think it is playing like this. If it gets support, they its implemented throughout the world, or possibly on only 3 or 4 conts.
Old 2004-01-14, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Heh, suprised that Idea got as much atention as it did. I just want this game to be more tactical and reduce the effectiveness of the infantry Zerg as a tactic. I believe that Towers have just become more signifigant than they were intended to be in the game. Surely you're a little tired of towerhopping after you've already capped all of the facilities on the continent.

Rayder, what is so fucked up about the current respawn system other than you can kill someone and have to kill them again 1 minute latter while trying to defend a base.

Has anyone here played Dark Age of Camelot? If you respawned, it had to be back in your realm's PvE enviroment. This made chars that could Rezurect people very valuable in the field, dispite other shortcomeings of the class.

They should put it through the test server first, and after than on open by a few bases, preferably on the neutral continent of Searhus(crater anyone?).
Old 2004-01-14, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Respawn system makes no sense at all. I die 1 m away from my base and I can't respawn at it. Wtf is up with that? I can deconstruct to an AMS on the other side of the cont, but not the tower that belongs to the base I'm at?

Zerging is a tactic. You want the game to be more tactical by removing one. While there may not be a lot of super highly organized groups of people in them, there's a hell of a lot more than just a mindless group of people attacking a base.
Old 2004-01-14, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

platoon on platoon = 30 vs 30 = Battlefield 1942

I like the zerg, it's the reason planetside was built. what I don't like is the total lack of teamwork in the game. sure, some squads and outfits work together as a team. but on the large scale it's a bunch of ppl running around trying to make a difference with a CR5 telling them were to go and what base needs an ant. what planetside really needs is a chain of command. that's all.
Old 2004-01-14, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

This won't stop the zerg. It will just make more ppl bring an AMS up from the last base taken. You stop the zerg with equal numbers. If you are out gunned then you will not win. That is just the way it is.

I am with deadteddy. I don't want 30 on 30 I want 100 on 100.
Old 2004-01-14, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Pyro_Man
i like it but then PS would turn into "FIND THE AMS SO WE WONT LOSE!!11"

Uh, It kinda already is!
Old 2004-01-14, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Whit no tower spawn it would be lib and tank suicide run heaven.
Old 2004-01-14, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Towers are good like they are, but I do think they should be tied to the base somehow. I would put a 5-minute hack timer on the tower. Once this was complete a blast door would open allowing access to a long, wide corridor connecting the tower to the base.

For everyone who want sto see the return of the APC and the flying transports, just say no to the HART. If we shit can the HART, we will see the return of the Gal.
Old 2004-01-14, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I totally agree with shitcanning the HART. They should have a way for a trooper that justs logs on to drop wherever thier outfit is. Maybe limit this to once an hour or something and no I dont mean outfit base deconstruct hehe
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion