[POLL] Hart timings - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Huh?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Longer HART times?
5min is great for my ADD, have to be there right away personality 16 27.12%
10min, oldschool + social time all the way, bring back the "LFSM, have a gal" /b's 32 54.24%
greater then 10 min, galaxies/phantasms, player relying on players for the win 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-09-02, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
[POLL] Hart timings

There seems to be quite a few people out in the game that want to see the 10min or even a greater hart timer back. Moslty to bring bakc the socila time in sanc, the load of galaxies loding up and the fact teh player have to rely on players again. post your thoguths here to.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-09-02, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Err, I don't have ADD, but I perfer the 5 minute HART waits. No one is forcing you to take the HART, as opposed to grouping up. Infact, you're bound to stay alive longer if you do squad/platoon up...but most people don't know this. I usually use the HART if my outfit is already on the field, but we almost always form up in Sanc.
Old 2004-09-02, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
CassH
Staff Sergeant

i would be fine with 10 min IF they add more social things like rooms to just talk and maby a VR race track for ANTs and ATVs.
Old 2004-09-02, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I would say remove teh HART completely since Instant Action works fine for solo-er's, but if they had to have it, I would make it upwards of 20 minutes...
Old 2004-09-02, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

BTW my view, it need to be atleast 10 min, and hopefully more, that way people in sacn interact more. I want it like release week/month, were there were LFS /b and people debating over what was the better target, and even politics it was great imo, and all the peopl running around everyware, with galaxies loading up all over, made you feel liek you were acctualy at a military base instead of this deserted thing we have now

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-09-02, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

eh, I like the 5 minutes when I feel like soloing, but I think its a good idea to make it a 10 minute timer so people rely on teamwork more. but if that happens itll get alot of complaints.
Old 2004-09-02, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

5 min i am not paying $13 a month to stand around and wait and talk with other peeps when i can just use outfit/squad/command chat for that.
Old 2004-09-02, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Atlas24
Corporal

i don't use the hart, so i could care less. BUT, for sake of the argument, i think 10 mins would be good for our teamwork. Maybe u could use a special 5 min hart that would only be able to drop u a certain distance away from bases and towers, ie. the middle of nowhere. Naw thats a crap idea, im jk.

Either way, go ahead, change it.

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-09-02, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nalar
Corporal

Personally, i never use the hart unless for some reason it just happens to be there when i load up the game. But, i would prefer a longer (ie 10min) hart timer in favor of more time to make squads and better use of transport vehicles like the gal.
Old 2004-09-03, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

I never played when the HART was 10 min. Honestly I would rather it be 15. Cmon lets see some ACTUAL war not this rambo bullshit that we all have to put up with.

Btw to the ppl who say that they "arent paying $13 a month to sit around and talk" you have choices, like get a veh and DRIVE to the loc, or even join a squad with a gal, wait for the HART. Honestly though, the best choice for you, would be to quit the god damned game. Quite frankly your "Why pay to wait" attitiude is rather disturbing. What is 15 min in this game? A base cap? If you lack the time to play this game just quit. PPL quit from a surgile nerf, guess that this one could really happen.
Old 2004-09-03, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
I Hate Pants
General

Old school baby! Bring back the 10 minute timer.
Old 2004-09-03, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
EarlyDawn
Major General

15 minutes is a bit extreme. 10 would be great.
Old 2004-09-03, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
CassH
Staff Sergeant

10 min would be great i would love to see more organized things insteed of the zerg. I remember from a year ago where a squad or 2 would organise get in a Gal drop on a tower with a AMS driver and a hacker in the CY and the rest go blow the Gen and Tubes set the AMS up and hack the CC takes 15 min and the fzacility is theres none of this rush in not knowing what to do killing your own men in the cross fire.

Wow that is a long run on sentance with alot of spelling mistake.

PS i want a race track.
Old 2004-09-03, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

People will just use Instant action.

Seriously, we're not going to go back to the days when galaxies were buzzing around the sanctuary, most people have their own vehicle transport for a start and don't need to rely on galaxies and squads for transport.
Old 2004-09-03, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I used to be a big fan of the oldschool timer. However so much has changed recently that I think I prefer the 5 minute timer now. Even still I hardly ever use the HART because everytime I log on and hook up with my outfit, they are on a locked cont. Combine the fact that every evening about 2 conts will be pop locked and almost all the others will be lattice locked and the HART starts to be pretty usless.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion