[OF] Additional BFR Balance Considerations - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This...this isn't real?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-08, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by AbramsVS
The bad thing is that now almoste evry BFR that movin onto base got at least 2-3 guys that hiding in its shield.....usually AV weapons guys or snipers.....
As devs will tweak it more i think we will get BFR+10 soldiers+tank....
That's the idea.
Old 2004-11-08, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
AbramsVS
Corporal

Then it will be the same......whats the point of lowering BFR stats if they will be surrrounded better then they was?
Old 2004-11-08, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

They need to make it so BFRs cant just sit at the nanite tower and heal constantly. This equals impregnable base turret.
flails do it but i don't hear anyone complaning about that
Old 2004-11-08, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by AbramsVS
Then it will be the same......whats the point of lowering BFR stats if they will be surrrounded better then they was?
Would you rather fight a large number of BFRs and fewer mixed troop/vehicle elements, or a low number of BFRs and many mixed troop/vehicle elements? They're aiming toward the latter. Currently, it's around the former, where sometimes you get a decent number of non-BFR players in a fight, but usually the fights are dominated by BFRs still. They're aiming for the latter, where BFRs are not really so much the deciding factor in the fight but still have their role to play and are enjoyable to pilot.
Old 2004-11-08, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kam
Major

Originally Posted by hazzer2007
flails do it but i don't hear anyone complaning about that
That's because flails don't have huge shields protecting them from small arms fire or light rounds. I can drop a flail in 30 seconds with a lightning even when it's in the towers influence.
Old 2004-11-08, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
internetn
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Warborn
The idea is not that one grunt should be able to take down a BFR, it's for a few grunts to be able to. Yes, one guy shooting a decimator will do little if he's the only one firing at it, and so it should. After all, what's the reacquisition timer on a grunt's loadout?

But if you get a few grunts to fire at the BFR, it should pose a threat. Hell, even right now a few decimators firing in tandem is nothing to scoff at. Even worse is if the grunts get to jam you and then run inside your shields. HUGE damage, those things can do. Once the next patch goes live and there's a 20 second duration for jamming, and decimators do 50% more damage, there is no way in hell I'm going to bring my BFR near a base until it's been secured by infantry. It will definitely be a step in the right direction.

For once I agree with you warborn, like two nights ago I dropped a BFR with a sniper rifle, a bolt driver! (I will admit that it took no skill only luck) and last night I took down a BFR with a Anti Tank Max, ran into its shields blew the Gen, and then finished it off. If you were blessed with a capable squad, then you could easily take down a BFR.

1. Hide and wait untill BFR crouches
2. When BFR crouched, use anything from jammers to emp blasts
3. Guy with deci or anti armor weapon rushes in and destroys shield Gen
4. Squad creates hell for BFR
5. Do the /emote cabbagepatch over the dead BFR

See, very easy.. I almost think the BFR's were the Devs way to convince people to join organized outfits and use tactics.. ooohhh you sly devs you!!!

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Last edited by internetn; 2004-11-08 at 04:07 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion