Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hi! I'm a flame-aholic.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-05, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

erm.....I'm sorry if i'm wrong, but isn't the SAS suppose to be the 1337-est British Military Force that can go anyway get the job done, kill a few dangerous baddies, and disappear without any need of extra support and supplies?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-05, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

More or less. So that doubles the unlikelihood of PorkFryer's grandiose claim of national superiority through the use of British SAS troops leading American forces.

That only happens in GI Joe.
Old 2004-02-05, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Sigh...might as well move this to the Political Debate forum...
Old 2004-02-05, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

MARAUDER BUFF WOOHOO! (back on topic, happy?)
Old 2004-02-05, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Jagd
Major

No, you're still a fucking idiot.
Old 2004-02-05, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Ok , this is the first and hopefully last time I will ever say this...

LOCK THE THREAD PLEASE and stop this useless argument
Old 2004-02-05, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Jagd
No, you're still a fucking idiot.
This coming from the guy who cried about having to change from SA to AV like it was a major blow to his cert points.
Old 2004-02-05, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Jagd
Major

It is a blow, dumbass. I have to lose my thumper and rocklet to keep the decimator. The current AV weapons are still unusable with Agile armor, assuming you want to carry some kind of defense against infantry, you know, like everybody needs to. Since I don't have room to keep both AV and SA, then I obviously don't have room to pick up a ReXo cert either. In case you're curious as to why it annoys me so much, this is my setup...

Advanced Hacking
Special Assault
Infiltration Suit
Air Support & Cavalry
Ground Support & Transport

Now it will be Anti-Vehicular instead of Special Assault. I'll still get my decimator, but I'll be carrying a punisher instead of a thumper with jammers, and will probably end up dying a hell of lot more on runs to interlinked facilities. It's annoying enough having to make an extra trip in agile what with the spitfires/crouch walking, and now one trip may not even be enough to make it through.
Old 2004-02-05, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Firefly
That's okay. We kicked your ass in the American Revolution and we saved your ass in World War One and Two. We may be tossers, but you lot are all salad-tossers, sucking the farts from our collective asses.

Have a nice day.
Calm down mate... Theres no need to bash all brits...

That guy is a disgrace to the english commonwealth.

EDIT: Infact, give me it's IP and me and Frag will sort him out Badarse-Brit stylee

Last edited by Hezzy; 2004-02-05 at 10:48 AM.
Old 2004-02-05, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

You have to be brain dead to not understand the SA nerf so let me explain it once again.

1)AV sucks (except Phoenix, so if your NC this doesnt really affect you). The details about ammo boxes and the fact that AV will also be getting looked at for balance implications came after we were told that the Decimator will be moving. So if we can expect patches in the order we were told them, then the Decimator will move to AV before AV gets buffed. This is significant because currently the SA cert has 2 very ausome weapons in it and AV has none. Moving the Decimator at the current time will put 1 good weapon into the AV class forcing people to spend 3 points that they would not spend in any other case.

2)SA is getting nerfed because it is loseing 50% of the reason you spend 3 points to Cert it. AT weapons have a whole host of issues that make them impractical so counting the Radiator at this time is pointless. The Decimator and Thumper are ausome. Troopers like myself will now have to spend 6 points to do what we have been doing with 3. For almost everyone that means you have to drop something and that just sucks ass.

Having said that, if AV rocked then it wouldnt be so bad because then you would be getting 2 good weapons for your 3 points just like you always got and that would leave just the issue with having to spend 3 points for a Thumper. However with the upcoming ammo box changes and the Core Combat fixes making AT weapons desirable and obtainable, the SA cert will be worthy of 3 points

The bottom line here is in what order these patches arrive. If they move the Deci and then we have to wait weeks for these other changes then it is a big fat nerf that sucks. That is how this information was given to us originally. A statement that the Deci was going to move and no information about ammo boxs, AV changes, and other necessary items. If they patch in these ammo boxs and core combat fixes then the SA nerf wont suck, it will just be annoying but acceptable. So myself and others were completely justified to be angry about the original announced change because if that was going to be the only change, then it would have been a massive stupidass nerf
Old 2004-02-05, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Jagd
Major

Not to mention the fact that SmokeJumper pretended that it had already been announced and then refused to answer when asked where his alleged announcement was. Maybe he was burnt out and forgot he wasn't supposed to be talking about that stuff yet, but he sure let the cat out of the bag, and it almost seems like they had to spill all the other info in a hurry to try and cover up his mistake. Nobody has yet provided any proof that the decimator move was already announced, and this big ammo pass announcement for the "patch after next" smacks of damage control.

Whatever, taken in context I can live with the decimator change, but mostly because of how huge a buff my infiltration suit is receiving by way of the grenade storage tweaks. Seriously, that change alone would make almost anything bearable.

Last edited by Jagd; 2004-02-05 at 10:51 AM.
Old 2004-02-05, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Queensidecastle: So you're saying you're mad because you're losing your free AV ride?

Last edited by Gigabein; 2004-02-05 at 11:06 AM.
Old 2004-02-05, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by -Hezzy-
Calm down mate... Theres no need to bash all brits...
My reply was a direct response to America-bashing. It was limited specifically to him.

I'm sure you understand, since all the Americans here were pissed off at comments directed at us. Just like all the Brits would be pissed off if they thought my "bash" were directed at any and all Brits, instead of specifically designed to taunt PorkFryer.

As I have served side-by-side with Royal Marines, Royal Army, and SAS soldiers and thoroughly enjoyed my tours of service, I can readily say that I absolutely loved serving with British troops. How's that for taking the wind out of Brit-bashing sails?
Old 2004-02-05, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jagd
Whatever, taken in context I can live with the decimator change, but mostly because of how huge a buff my infiltration suit is receiving by way of the grenade storage tweaks. Seriously, that change alone would make almost anything bearable.
I'm excited about that too, but I refuse to look at it as an infil buff (even though Smoke is obviously hoping it looks that way). The grenade change will help most ground troops in the game, this will free up a good amount of storage space for people who use loadouts with grenades. It's no more an infiltrator buff than the Boomer placement change they made a bit ago. It helps infiltrators, it's not for infiltrators.
Old 2004-02-05, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Madcow
It helps infiltrators, it's not for infiltrators.
Respectfully disagree on this point.

Anything that helps infiltrators, who are widely-regarded as being the best concept with the poorest support and implementation, is considered by all user-friendly infiltrators and those who love them... to be a buff for them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion