Great Battles yesterday on PS. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better your mom's new boyfriend then your dad's
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-11-06, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Great Battles yesterday on PS.

I would just like to point out, had some good fun yest on PS. Just like the old Days.

RAZ-W
Old 2011-11-06, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Xaine
Major

Re: Great Battles yesterday on PS.

Whats the population like on PS at the moment?
Old 2011-11-06, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

Worse than a BF3 server
Old 2011-11-06, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Worse than a BF3 server
no, its not. 64 total on bf3 = ~21 on each side for ps. Yeah we have a ton more than that. 300 in prime time total is common.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2011-11-06, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xaine
Major

Battlefield is just a worse version of Planetside, on a smaller scale.

More bugs, the balance between classes is bad and things like Tac. lights are the dumbest thing i've ever seen in an FPS, both from a realistic and gameplay point of view.

I'm playing it, i'm good at it, and despite all of the issues its still a decent game. However i doubt i'll play for more than 20 hours.

I'd rather be playing PS, even though i'm better at BF3 than i am at Planetside :P but the lack of pop makes me sad.
Old 2011-11-08, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rarntogo
Corporal

I am REALLY disappointed with BF3. Maybe I set expectations too high but it is far worse than I ever expected. Enough about that.... Havent subbed PS in about 6 months. Is there enough pop to at least sustain a decent base battle? I have long given up on the epic bridge battles etc...
Old 2011-11-08, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rarntogo View Post
I am REALLY disappointed with BF3. Maybe I set expectations too high but it is far worse than I ever expected. Enough about that.... Havent subbed PS in about 6 months. Is there enough pop to at least sustain a decent base battle? I have long given up on the epic bridge battles etc...
1. What's wrong with the game?

2. There's enough pop for some base battles, but they are instantly ruined 96% of the time by a blown gen. Not worth $15 anymore IMO.
Old 2011-11-08, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Rarntogo View Post
About 3 months ago, before I got busy. There were some awesome bridge battles every week.
Old 2011-11-09, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DarkSkyes
Corporal

They really need to offer a free option in the game now to start bringing people back and gearing up the marketing for the new game. Most people don't even know what planetside 1 is! I hope they do a free few months for the old players and new people to try before beta starts for the new game.

Pops are terrible, there is like 30 active VS players, 50-60 TR and 60-70 NC
Old 2011-11-09, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

thats too bad, i thought about subbing once i finish putting my new computer together. they should really bite the economic bullet and make it f2p for a couple of months to bring attention to PS2
Old 2011-11-09, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
thats too bad, i thought about subbing once i finish putting my new computer together. they should really bite the economic bullet and make it f2p for a couple of months to bring attention to PS2
I agree with this, for pop boost. I wonder if it will help to show newbies the old PS1.
Old 2011-11-09, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Missundaztood
Corporal

If your still subbed consider the fact your money is going towards the development and future development of PS2!

I've not been subbed for 2 months purely because of pop, but I will being subbing later on this month in anticipation for the beta. BUT if pops are low and no-ones subbing who are they are going to open the beta to? (as far I'm aware they are inviting subbed players to beta? Maybe I got it wrong?). I doubt the existing subbed gamer base will be sufficient to test the game before release, which leads me to believe SOE must have a plan to invite players to beta even if they aren't subbed at the time?

What do you think?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion