Israel - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not animal tested
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-05, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Re: Israel

If everyone was their own cousin, I'd be a doctor AND a lawyer. Go do it yourself, don't defer to your relative's experience. Post the pictures you take, too.

If the ultra-Orthodox are the ones causing all the trouble, do something about it, don't maintain an Apartheid and say "well I'm not the one doing it so its okay, plus I've been taught they they are brutal and unreasonable."

Do you know WHY peace talks failed and no longer go on? I'd like to hear your side of it, what you've heard, what you know about it. Refer me to where you've already posted about this if you have.

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 2012-08-05 at 03:22 PM.
Old 2012-08-05, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

I hate ignorant fucks who like to bash other people's countries while thinking its peaches and cream in their own.
Old 2012-08-05, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
andehh
Corporal

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I think Israel's pretty awesome. It's an island of modern society sitting in a sea of culture that is about 600 years behind the rest of the world.
Couldn't agree more, credit to Israel! Not only 600 years behind the rest of us...but who want to drag us back 600 years...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-08-05, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
I hate ignorant fucks who like to bash other people's countries while thinking its peaches and cream in their own.
It's a thread about Israel. We're talking about issues related to Israel in it. Why is this difficult to understand?
Old 2012-08-05, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
It's a thread about Israel. We're talking about issues related to Israel in it. Why is this difficult to understand?
Making and pulling false info is difficult to understand.
Old 2012-08-05, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Making and pulling false info is difficult to understand.
You need to stop posting while high.

Originally Posted by MightyMan View Post
2. Yes I am completely aware that you have not called me a nazi. What I meant is that you are trying to imply that one mans action represent the actions of all of us. I have expressed my self in a dumb way, and thus I am sorry. And this is not typical behavior. Perhaps a very uncommon one.
Also, what else can they do but expressing their disapproval? She really did not violate any law at all. The same thing would happened in Canada if such did would occur.

3. Clearly you have not read the article. They have cutting evidence that the picture is fake. Try actually reading the article until the end.

About your non-interest in Israel. I'l have to agree with you. If not for the shitstorms we would be on the news only like only 5% of the time (probably less) we are now. But who would not. I can't remember the last time I heard about Canada on the news.

Also, I am perfectly aware that this was not supposed to be offensive. A nicer way of saying the things would be better. "I am sorry but in my opinion the Israeli occupation and stuffs is the most important theme right now, and thus I would much rather prefer to concentrate on it only.
Of course you don't have to say it like an A class gentleman and it could be much shorter, but your way of expressing it reminded me of the term "fuck off". It's probably just me though. So yeh another broken way of expression by me. Sorry.
"I'm not 100% sure it's fake, but I definitely lean that way. Why? The odds, that's all. It's an extraordinary claim to say you captured a photo of a bomb milliseconds before it hits with such high resolution and clarity. And, in my mind, extraordinary claims take extraordinary evidence."
- The Jawa Report's famed reporter, "Rusty Shackleford, PhD" (that's not a real person by the way, it's from the show King of the Hill)

The IDF defends settlers and their homes despite their activity being a significant part of the tension between the Palestinians and Israelis, and the settlements themselves are of course considered illegal by the international community. Great, some people disapproved of an IDF soldier humiliating Palestinian prisoners. Amazing, sometimes some Jewish extremists might get picked up by the police for assaulting Palestinian women. The bottom line is that the state is currently engaged in illegal activity, and is using its military to defend said illegal activities. The small shit, like settlers jeering at a recently evicted Palestinian woman, are just indicative of the larger issue. And that is, of course, the complete disregard for the Palestinians, their lands, and the international law which says they are Palestinian lands.

Also, have you seen Louis Theroux's BBC documentary, The Ultra Zionists? I thought it was a quite interesting look at the whole settlement situation.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-08-05 at 08:20 PM.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
MightyMan
Corporal

You need to stop posting while high.

"I'm not 100% sure it's fake, but I definitely lean that way. Why? The odds, that's all. It's an extraordinary claim to say you captured a photo of a bomb milliseconds before it hits with such high resolution and clarity. And, in my mind, extraordinary claims take extraordinary evidence."
- The Jawa Report's famed reporter, "Rusty Shackleford, PhD" (that's not a real person by the way, it's from the show King of the Hill)

The IDF defends settlers and their homes despite their activity being a significant part of the tension between the Palestinians and Israelis, and the settlements themselves are of course considered illegal by the international community. Great, some people disapproved of an IDF soldier humiliating Palestinian prisoners. Amazing, sometimes some Jewish extremists might get picked up by the police for assaulting Palestinian women. The bottom line is that the state is currently engaged in illegal activity, and is using its military to defend said illegal activities. The small shit, like settlers jeering at a recently evicted Palestinian woman, are just indicative of the larger issue. And that is, of course, the complete disregard for the Palestinians, their lands, and the international law which says they are Palestinian lands.

Also, have you seen Louis Theroux's BBC documentary, The Ultra Zionists? I thought it was a quite interesting look at the whole settlement situation.
"I'm a military Explosive Ordnace Disposal technician. I've seen lots of bomb and lots of bombs being dropped (both in person and in testing videos). I concur with the previous poster about this photo being of a GBU (Guided Bomb Unit). Further, it appears to be a package installed on a 500lb Mk82 bomb. Once the GBU is installed on a particular bomb it gains the appropriate digits 10, 12 etc. I'd have to look at tech data to tell you precisely what the nomenclature of the pictured bomb is, but I can tell you that this picture is bogus. For the fins to still be folded the bomb would have to have just been dropped. You'd still be able to see the plane that dropped it. This would however account for the clarity of the image. A bomb dropped on a combat target, even one dropped at very low altitude, would still be blurred. We're talking about jet fighters here, not biplanes. I've watched test video taken by scientists with high speed cameras designed for the purpose of studying bomb impacts. Even their film comes out blurred sometimes. Also, the scale is definitely off as yet another commenter mentioned. The blast in other fauxtoes is yet another fakery. The apparent blast seat is not in line with impact point you would expect from the previous picture. The blast itself does not look right for a heavy cased bomb either. It looks very much like the result you would get from a bare charge placed on the surface. Finally, as another astute commenter pointed out, neither the fauxtographer or his subjects would have been likely to survive the blast in the image. The blast wave would have knocked them all off their feet and caused serious injuries, but not before they had all been ripped to shreds by primary and secondary fragmentation. In spite of what Hollywood (and Paliwood) would have you believe, it is not possible to outrun a high order explosion."

^The photographer WOULD DIE. But as you may know, he is still alive.

"Look at the feet. the man in the green shirt and the person in the grey sweats does not have feet"

Also: Some of the people there appear in several "bombing pictures".
Also, If you have ever used a camera, you would know that the slightest move of those who you take a picture of, would get blurred on the pic. Now, yes he probably had a professional camera, but the missile would move at a speed of about 500 meters per second. Needless to say, it would not be as clear as it is on the picture.
Can we stop talking about this picture now?

The IDF does defend settlers and their homes. Why? Because they are often attacked by Palestinians. Palestinians are also often attacked by settlers. Thus Palestinians are defended too. Aggressors from both sides get arrested.
And if you ask, why does the IDF defend them, well: The police cannot operate in those territories, and even though they violate the law, the authorities have to protect their health as human beings (they protect the health of Palestinians too). The same thing would happen in any other sane country of the world at other occasions too.
Also: the offenders of those conflicts ALWAYS get picked up by the police. Why? Because it is the police (in those territories the IDF can arrest violators of law too). If they come back to the police station from an aggressive conflict with no one arrested it would arise suspicion to say the least, so the possibility of the police being in favor of the settlers seems very low.
Also, where the hell did you hear about the IDF defending the settlers?
BTW: Settlements that are considered illegal are first evacuated and then demolished. There was a big story like 3 months ago one of the biggest illegal settlement called "ulpana hill", where About 1000 settlers were evacuated and the buildings were completely demolished. Why because those were Palestinian territories. Saying that it is common and that it is not enforced is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
If everyone was their own cousin, I'd be a doctor AND a lawyer. Go do it yourself, don't defer to your relative's experience. Post the pictures you take, too.

If the ultra-Orthodox are the ones causing all the trouble, do something about it, don't maintain an Apartheid and say "well I'm not the one doing it so its okay, plus I've been taught they they are brutal and unreasonable."

Do you know WHY peace talks failed and no longer go on? I'd like to hear your side of it, what you've heard, what you know about it. Refer me to where you've already posted about this if you have.
Sigh. No I can't go there because of WORK. It exists, ya know.
If you want videos or pictures of the walls from the Palestinian side just search it on Google or Youtub, I assure you that the one who took pictures were not shot, because you can see the damn pictures.
Stop saying that there is nothing done about those assholes, it is ludicrous.
No I am not going to become a vigilante because of a problem that is already controlled by the authorities, as in, they hold those jackasses on a very short leash anyway.

Why do the peace talks fail? Both sides have ridiculous demands from each other, and each time they disagree to follow those terms thus the talks end.
Both the Israeli and the Palestinian sides are guilty of this. What can I say, politics....
Old 2012-08-06, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

"I'm a military Explosive Ordnace Disposal technician. I've seen lots of bomb and lots of bombs being dropped (both in person and in testing videos). I concur with the previous poster about this photo being of a GBU (Guided Bomb Unit). Further, it appears to be a package installed on a 500lb Mk82 bomb. Once the GBU is installed on a particular bomb it gains the appropriate digits 10, 12 etc. I'd have to look at tech data to tell you precisely what the nomenclature of the pictured bomb is, but I can tell you that this picture is bogus."
[citation needed]

"Look at the feet. the man in the green shirt and the person in the grey sweats does not have feet"
They're running. You can see their legs quite clearly.

Can we stop talking about this picture now?
You're the one who linked to the shitty no-name website that doesn't have any actual evidence of anything. And who really cares, anyway? Would that picture being fake mean that no Palestinian civilians ever get nearly killed by Israeli missiles?

The IDF does defend settlers and their homes. Why? Because they are often attacked by Palestinians. Palestinians are also often attacked by settlers. Thus Palestinians are defended too. Aggressors from both sides get arrested.
So an Israeli illegally moves into a Palestinian neighbourhood after the building's former owners are either paid to leave or forcibly evicted, and then they complain about how they're not safe because the Palestinians try to attack them. You seriously do not see the problem here? Maybe if the settlers don't want to get attacked they should stop settling in the occupied Palestinian territories. Someone get Netanyahu on the horn, we've really cracked the case with this one.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Necronile
Sergeant

[citation needed]

You're the one who linked to the shitty no-name website that doesn't have any actual evidence of anything. And who really cares, anyway? Would that picture being fake mean that no Palestinian civilians ever get nearly killed by Israeli missiles?

So an Israeli illegally moves into a Palestinian neighbourhood after the building's former owners are either paid to leave or forcibly evicted, and then they complain about how they're not safe because the Palestinians try to attack them. You seriously do not see the problem here? Maybe if the settlers don't want to get attacked they should stop settling in the occupied Palestinian territories. Someone get Netanyahu on the horn, we've really cracked the case with this one.
You dont understand one thing...
They are orthodox ****!,they believe that those territories are part of Israel (They also believe jordan and sryia are part of israel too).
And we all know religous people are kinda crazy when you try to interfere with their faith.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Also, if you want to stop talking about Palestinians we could actually start talking about the apparent upswing in anti-African sentiment.

But don't worry guys, they'll even have special camps where African migrants can be concentrated into one area.

Originally Posted by Necronile View Post
You dont understand one thing...
They are orthodox ****!,they believe that those territories are part of Israel (They also believe jordan and sryia are part of israel too).
And we all know religous people are kinda crazy when you try to interfere with their faith.
I am aware of this, but words in a stupid old book about land ownership are irrelevant. They don't change the fact that their activities are recognized as illegal by the international community.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-08-06 at 10:02 AM.
Old 2012-08-06, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

One could even get a feeling of how fucked up and wrong that whole part of the world is by watching something as innocuous as An Idiot Abroad. People look at the Berlin wall as this great insult to human dignity, ignoring the fact that the Palestinians are living that right now.

It's chancy thought because you know that if the Israelis weren't vigilant, the arab nations would gladly crush them at the earliest opportunity, as they've tried before.

Religions. It all comes down to dumbshit religions. It'll end us if we don't end it.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
MightyMan
Corporal

[citation needed]

So. Yes. The facts that photographer would die and that the rocket is fake is true (the rocket is to clear; from personal experience. Unless the rocket was used as a blunt weapon, or had an explosion radius of 1 meter he would die). On the other hand, maybe they were running from a tank or something which did not feet into the picture. Maybe there were illegal settlers shooting at them at the time. Maybe it was not in Israel at all. Who the hell knows?
Shit site or no, logic still wins this argument.

"Would that picture being fake mean that no Palestinian civilians ever get nearly killed by Israeli missiles?"
I'd admit here. Civilians DO get killed by missiles. Like once every year. If they ignore the warning from the IDF before the bombing. If civilian targets are near a place where the bombing cannot be announced, there is no bombing. There is head-on approach. Why do I know that? If they would not announce the bombing beforehand the civilian casualties really would reach thousands of people over the years. Also the IDF gladly shouts it every time there is a casualty to look like an angel.
When such civilian casualty does occur, other Palestinians march with the grave all over their territory to show how bad and demonic their oppressor is, a thing which is shown all over both Israeli news and Palestinian news like once every~ year, with no such occasion being missed, to show the great sins of the satan. And because it is profitable for the news. Half of those have been proved to be fake. What can I say. As much as I am not happy with this (I am not), there is nothing more that could possibly be done to prevent those occasion, other then no attacking at all, in which case terrorism would flourish all over the place.

"So an Israeli (illegal settler please) illegally moves into a Palestinian neighbourhood after the building's former owners are either paid to leave or forcibly evicted"

There are so many wrong things with this. Settlers do not illegally move into Palestinian houses. They build their own on a free territory. Palestinians have no reason to move out of their houses because unlike what you may think, Palestinians are not squishy snails and can defend themselves, thus such an encounter would be just as dangerous for the settlers. Also, if the owner is paid to leave then what is wrong with that? It is called buying property.
Settlers do not complain about them not being being safe. It is the authorities duty to stop such conflicts.
Think about it: at the occasion of gang wars, the police does not wait for the gangs to kill each other and then comes afterwards to collect the bodies. Instead, the police breaks in, as fast as it can, and tries to stop it and arrest the participants without using lethal force. While the
settler-Palestinian conflicts do not go up to that level (replace pistols with rocks and shouting), the authorities still have to stop those conflicts because they are fully aggressive.
And getting Netanyahu on the horn would not help because he is a total donkey. No one likes him. Or, at least 70% of us don't like him. He is a liar and tells everyone only what they want to hear, without him actually doing anything. Thanks god the elections are near.

Also, if you want to stop talking about Palestinians we could actually start talking about the apparent upswing in anti-African sentiment.

But don't worry guys, they'll even have special camps where African migrants can be concentrated into one area.

I am aware of this, but words in a stupid old book about land ownership are irrelevant. They don't change the fact that their activities are recognized as illegal by the international community.
So what is wrong with you'r argument about the Africans?
Mostly that they are not immigrants. They are illegal immigrants. It is not racial hate, but enforcing the borders.
Same thing goes to the camps. The camps in which they stay before they are deported to their original country. Instead of being homeless. Legal African immigrants (Ethiopia and Yemen) leave here peacefully since 1950.
The same thing happens in most of the other countries in the world.
Congrats on making an issue out of nothing.
Though I do agree that the hospital thing went to far.

"words in a stupid old book about land ownership are irrelevant. They don't change the fact that their activities are recognized as illegal by the international community"

Agreed. That is why I am an atheist. To me the bible seems mostly like bullshit. That counts the millions who prayed to god to save them, right before the were burnt alive in the gas chambers.

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
One could even get a feeling of how fucked up and wrong that whole part of the world is by watching something as innocuous as An Idiot Abroad. People look at the Berlin wall as this great insult to human dignity, ignoring the fact that the Palestinians are living that right now.

It's chancy thought because you know that if the Israelis weren't vigilant, the arab nations would gladly crush them at the earliest opportunity, as they've tried before.

Religions. It all comes down to dumbshit religions. It'll end us if we don't end it.
"People look at the Berlin wall as this great insult to human dignity, ignoring the fact that the Palestinians are living that right now."
Not really. Those are two different "countries" (they even have their own representatives in the Olympiad) under completely different rule. The rate of smuggling and illegal board crossing was way to high to leave the borders naked. Ever since the walls were built such cases have decreased to about a fifth of what was before that. It is like if the USA did the same thing on the border with Mexico.
I'l agree with you on the other subjects though. Religions are dumbshit indeed.

Last edited by MightyMan; 2012-08-06 at 02:53 PM.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
Berlin wall
Funny thing is that the conditions were already bad in east Berlin before the World War era, so putting up a wall didn't worsen the area. The workers in East Berlin were well-trained, and were being taken care of better than before the wall went up. When the wall came down, workers in the East divisions were better trained and educated, but would be exploited the same as any other worker, and it is cited that the East division workers were responsible for German innovation and economic growth after the wall came down.

I wouldn't consider the apartheid to be anything close to East/West Berlin. Berlin was a matter of two opposing ideologies represented by two super-powers of the time. Israel and USA vs Palestine is much more of a one-sided oppression, in the form of apartheid.

Israel would not be "wiped out" by Arab nation if it is a one-state that gives fair rights and liberties to all citizens, Jewish or Muslim or Christian or otherwise, Arab or *** or anything else. It would make no sense to wipe out a nation that is peaceful and doesn't oppress its citizens, and doesn't have the goal of becoming a 100% Jewish state.

-

Peace talks broke down in Israel because the PLO was declared the representatives of the Palestinian people (not by Israel), despite being one of many organizations struggling for peace. It would be like if America was invaded, and the Tea Party was selected to represent all American citizens in the now-occupied country.

After PLO was declared the representative of Palestinian people, it was easy to pick a few things about them that Israeli government didn't approve, and then declare that they would not conduct any more peace talks with the only group that is recognized as representing Palestinians. Current leadership is Israel refuses to try to make peace with a group that all Palestinians don't even feel represent them or their ideals. So no, it isn't on the side of Palestinians, the fault and failure of peace negotiations is a combination of the recognition of PLO as the only group to represent Palestinians, and the ability for Israel's leadership to decline further peace talks with the one organization that got to be recognized to represent Palestinians.

The average Palestinian citizen has no voice, has no power, has no group to join in with peace talks or liberation that can make progress with the government. Sounds like the only things they can do are fight back or leave, kinda tough place to be in.

Then again, if you kick me out of my home, drive me to a dirt lot, and tell me to live there from now on, I'm gonna come back with the meanest things I can to try to reclaim my home, or at least make it unlivable for those who kicked me out. Palestinians who fight for their liberation aren't doing any different. The original settlements purchased by European Zionists are tiny little places, and they were bought long before the World War era. Everything else Israel has gained has been through military action.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

This thread should be renamed U.S. vs Mexico. I say we carpet nuke them!
Old 2012-08-06, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

So what is wrong with you'r argument about the Africans?
Mostly that they are not immigrants. They are illegal immigrants. It is not racial hate, but enforcing the borders.
Same thing goes to the camps. The camps in which they stay before they are deported to their original country. Instead of being homeless. Legal African immigrants (Ethiopia and Yemen) leave here peacefully since 1950.
The same thing happens in most of the other countries in the world.
Congrats on making an issue out of nothing.
Though I do agree that the hospital thing went to far.
"African infiltrators threaten the State of Israel"

The parallels I could draw between what this guy is saying and what people used to say about **** is staggering.

There's a difference between enforcing immigration laws, and wanting to deport all Africans and put them into camps and deny them health care and charge anyone who offers them aid.

So. Yes. The facts that photographer would die and that the rocket is fake is true (the rocket is to clear; from personal experience.
I am not interested in more conjecture. If you don't have any actual evidence the picture is a fraud then just let it go. As I said, who even cares about this particular photo? There are hundreds of children who've been killed by airstrikes by the IDF, it's not like that picture would be some kind of smoking gun.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-08-06 at 06:24 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum