El Jacko Hammero - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sigbot ate my teacher
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-07, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

We were trying to talk about Heavy Assault in general before the crapstorm rolled in.

Jackhammer = quad-shot exploit. Just so you know, it is the most powerful. By far.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-07, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by Rbstr
MA isn't ballenced, Play with a pulsar, and a Guass for a while and realize the Cyclers increadible superiority.

But Relpacing HA with a kind of Machine gun version of the MA weapon, or Advanced MA in addition to the HA we have now

I disagree, I find MA very well balanced. Tr's got the speed, vs the accuracy, and NC the power. I think MA is very equal, I like pulsars the most because there the most accurate.
Old 2004-02-07, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well the 3 barrles give it 3x the pellets at the same time, what would you rather we have the redeemer form UT2k3 or something?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
MrCovertMan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
Well the 3 barrles give it 3x the pellets at the same time, what would you rather we have the redeemer form UT2k3 or something?
yeah! just move the radiator to the NC HA and give it's damage field the power of a OS!
"Speak not of power until you have beheld it's truest form"
Old 2004-02-07, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Spee
Colonel

I mean. All weps but HA have tactics involved.

MA - Control the COF bloom in order to hit your opponant from medium-long distances.
BD - Position yourself a few hundred KM's away, and learn to lead your target.
AV - NC: Find cover, shoot, pilot missle. TR - Bob, weave, strafe, but keep the damn lock-on. VS - See BD tactics.
SA - Deci - Shoot at ground, as with all rocket-type weapons.
Thumper - Learn the arc, and, indoors, bounce grenades around corners for excellent supression.
Rocklet - Engage at medium distances, aim at ground.
HA - SPAM UNTIL EVERYTHING IS DEAD. Surge away, reload, Rinse, repeat.

WHICH ONE DOESNT BELONG?!
Old 2004-02-07, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Rempel
Corporal

why the one involving spam of course, spam is yuckie!
Old 2004-02-07, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Spee
Delete the HA certification. It sticks out like a sore thumb of unbalanced badness.
i agree, but everyone else wont
Old 2004-02-07, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Rempel
OMG, you people! i can't belive your still arguing about how powerfull the jack hammer is.
I would not call this an arguement. I would call it a discussion, and civil discussion about the Jackhammer is difficult to come by. This thread is a refereshing change, actually.

Originally Posted by Rempel
start up a new charecter, use the JH. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD!
I did, and it is. Personally, I am outright lousy with HA type weapons. In fact I spend most of my time in support roles due to my poor connection where I live. (Not something I can easily get around) However, even I can do a decent amount of damage using a Jackhammer. I take that as my personal subjective evidence of it's superiority. What do I consider decent? A solid 3-4 man kill run onto a tower or in a hallway is decent by my definition. Someone with skill is much more horrendous to deal with.

Not to mention the Jackhammer frustrates the tar out of me. I have just logged off the game in disgust countless times rather than get trippled shoted for the umpteenth time in an evening's play. Yes, I'm aware there are some counters to HA weapons, but none are nearly as effective against the Jackhammer as the other two weapons. The Jackhammer has an implant (surge) that mitigates it's primary weakness (lack of range) with brutal efficeincy. Are there other emprie HA 'Surgiles'? Of course, but it is not as a beautiful a marriage as the Jackhammer.

I personally think the Jackhammer enjoys it's popularity and usefulness due to ease of use and ease of adaptablity of playstyle. Alot of the dedicated FPS crowd is used to bunny hop and shoot style gaming. The Jackhammer allows for this style of play. The style that alot of the hardcore FPS folks enjoy and are quite proficient with.

Personally, I got into Planetside for the scale of large tactical battles and not fragfest jump-a-bout types of play. I know alot of folks like that, and that's cool, but it's not for me. Planetside for me is about the scale and taking of territory for the Soverignty or the Republic (Depending on the night )
Old 2004-02-07, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i personaly didn't feel the JH was all it was craked up to be from listening to the forums when i had it for a while, I felt the the lightning was a better choise for my cert points

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Marsman
Major

SmokejumperPS: We found a more subtle way to fix the JH problem.
No more "auto-reload" and we're not nerfing the bullets.

We're simply adding a "firing mode switch delay" of 0.75 seconds. This kicks in when you change from primary to secondary fire modes.

The primary fire mode has a reload time of 0.5 seconds.

The tri-barrel has the increased power of firing three shots all at once.

Now you have to decide whether you want that second primary shot in slightly less time than it takes to switch to secondary, or whether you want to take the delay and switch to tri-barrel instead.

Should work nicely, and doesn't touch the balance of that weapon in a savage fashion at all. It just eliminates the ease of the "four-barrel" attack that occurred previously...which is all we were *trying* to stop.
Yup I stand corrected - missed that post. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old 2004-02-08, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Acaila
First Lieutenant

What would "balance" the JH then?
Old 2004-02-08, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
illusionz
Private

Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death
Take out triple shot. It doesn't make sense that the other two HA weapons have no secondary, but the most powerful one does.
good point
Old 2004-02-08, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

I love my Mini chaingun and i dont think they should get rid of heavy assault because every weapon type has its place, medium is medium to long range and HA is short range, its this simple. Get rid of triple shot, its total bull for the weapon to have it.
Old 2004-02-08, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Heavygain
I love my Mini chaingun and i dont think they should get rid of heavy assault because every weapon type has its place, medium is medium to long range and HA is short range, its this simple. Get rid of triple shot, its total bull for the weapon to have it.
I completely agree.
Old 2004-02-08, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Jackhammer is almost balanced right now. Once they fix the 4 barrel exploit, and kick in those ammo reductions, I think it will be perfectly balanced. BTW, for you VS out there, Lasher buff coming from what I have read.

Prediction time: J/H whining in the future will be about how it's been nerfed too much. And we will be seeing Lasher threads about how overpowered it is. Let the whining commence.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion