News: Engineer Comm Link - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-27, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
blbeta
Corporal

Re: Engineer Comm Link

I am truly going to miss Spits, Cerberus, and Shadow turrets. I enjoyed those very much. Especially when with a couple of buddies and an AMS. Set it up just outside of main battle and have 75+ turrets up and mine fields. Hope something in PS2 can give a similar game play feel.

Inifitrator+AMS+CE was so much fun!
Old 2012-03-27, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
Oh no, they added mana to Planetside, F U DEVS!
Lol !!
Old 2012-03-27, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
oosik
Sergeant

ThirdCross,

One thing that was mentioned earlier is that the engineer class will have a unique anti-armor grenade launcher for its rifle/smg.

Originally Posted by ThirdCross View Post

I disagree, if you take away rifles from the engies and medics you're left with only the light assault having rifles. I personally want to see much more long range combat than was in PS1.
Old 2012-03-27, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
Probably because heavier armors will have greater shield capacity, faster shield regeneration, and/or a shorter delay between taking damage and said regeneration kicking in. It's also possible that the heavier armors will provide superior damage mitigation against health depletion once the shield breaks.
Plus just because looks.

Its no longer 'armor', its a class. A subtle difference, but a difference all the same.
Old 2012-03-27, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Gotta love the colors and the helmet!

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-03-27, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
RNFB
First Sergeant

So next is HA week and then MAX week

then beta starts

calling it now
Old 2012-03-28, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
oosik
Sergeant

No way. May 20. Ninth anniversary of PS1 starting.

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post

then beta starts

calling it now
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Higby mentioned engineers also having grenade launcher attachments, though that wasn't in the brief.

From Reddit:
Originally Posted by Higby
Engineers are dope. They're exclusively able to deploy tank mines, they also have armor piercing underbarrel launchers which are exclusive. They'll have a turret that shoots explosive shells, through the cert system engineers can specialize in different explosives like HE claymores which do additional damage and we're playing around with having anti-AOE certs on them that cut down on damage taken through explosives (so they can hang out near vehicles and not get chewed up by the explosive damage as much)

Engineers and Medics will probably have very similar weapon classes, engineers are going to have the advantage of being able to deploy turrets that are extremely powerful, though stationary.

We're still messing around with the rules for this, right now they have a tool that allows them to deploy a variety of combat engineering - we'll probably break this apart and make you select what you'll be deploying ahead of time (maybe in a few buckets of available deployables)
So exclusive grenade launchers on Engineers, and powerful turrets and some ability to have resistance to AOE damage, different buckets of deployables.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-03-28 at 01:21 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Coreldan
Colonel

Just a sidenote, in GDC video we could see that Higlos medic was armed with a full size Gauss, while his engi and LA used Gauss Carbines.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post

then beta starts

calling it now
Higby said there was going to be a "Grenade week", so that could be before beta also.

And if they reveal female characters we could have a "Women of Planetside 2 week"

And then they might do an ES Tank Week.

And an Empire Specific Fighter week

And a Lightning week (we have yet to see it)

And a Facility week

And an Outpost week

And a Resources week

And a Territory control week...

You see where I'm going here. They can drag this on for a long time.
Old 2012-03-28, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

" Their easy-to-use Nano-Armor Kit replaces entire tool chests worth of repair instruments, allowing the repair of heavy damage on vehicles, facility equipment, and MAX suits in seconds."

Interesting, does this mean MAXs retain a health or armour element that'll need fixing by an engineer instead of a medic?
Old 2012-03-28, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
RNFB
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
You see where I'm going here. They can drag this on for a long time.
I'm still guessing it's after MAX week because it seems to me that's the last art assets that needs to be completed (and possibly the lightning), which would mean the game is ready for beta after MAXes are complete
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

What makes you think beta is gated on art assets? Could be a number of things affecting when they start it, like having the server backend to support it. Supporting a beta of people around the country/world is quite a bit different than hosting a few dozen on local server. Plus they may want the game in a certain state of quality before starting.

The things they reveal in these weeks is a unlikely to be tied directly to beta. Although the pace of the reveals has increased from one every other week to one per week. Doesn't seem to be as much content released with each either. Short blurb, a few pictures. Not like the webcasts or Q&A they used to do.
Old 2012-03-28, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Just give this engi a black helmet and the ability to fire ice from his palms. The NC have got Sub-zero on there side we simply cannot loose haha. looking good though can't wait to give this class a spin!
Old 2012-03-28, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I just got the turret name, well played...

Also, Engineers confirmed as being avatars of the Gods bringing Mana to the people in need

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-03-28 at 04:19 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion