Interesting screen from Chinaside2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU Where Gamming and Politics collide.. violently
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-17, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kran De Loy
Captain
 
Kran De Loy's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by Robotix View Post
Strange that they wouldn't list speed, since that it supposedly the TR's main advantage.
Yeah, kinda of like how in the April PC Gamer mag they listed both Recoil and Recoil (sustained), but they forgot to include damage degradation over distance.
Kran De Loy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
TOCS
Private
 
TOCS's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


What the..? Is the game published in Asia as well? Like all those other F2P shooters?
TOCS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by TOCS View Post
What the..? Is the game published in Asia as well? Like all those other F2P shooters?
Yeah... Planetside was big in China as well.
sylphaen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Tachyr
Private
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Hmm, the Vanguard looks way to maneuverable from that chart considering the amount of armor as well.
If you are built like a battleship you shouldn't be able to turn almost as good as a Prowler.
Tachyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Destroyeron
Troll x2
 
Destroyeron's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Shouldn't TR and NC armor be the same if their maneuverability is? NC just seems OP with that chart.
__________________
Destroyeron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Zulthus
Colonel
 
Zulthus's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Looks sweet.
Zulthus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-17, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by Destroyeron View Post
Shouldn't TR and NC armor be the same if their maneuverability is? NC just seems OP with that chart.
Maneuverability != speed

Prowler is the fastest tank, and I suspect the Vanguard is the slowest, that's another important difference.

There's more than just 4 differences between the tanks.

Here's the advantages as I know it.

1) Speed
Prowler > Mag > Van
We know for sure prowler is the fastest

2) Acceleration
Prowler > Mag > Van
Total guess, but assume it follows the same trend as speed

3) Maneuverability
Mag > Prowler = Van
This reveal confirms this one.

4) Accuracy
Mag > Prowler = Van
We know mag is best, assuming others are equal (in PC mag they are but in slightly different ways)

5) Damage retention over distance
Van = Prowler > Mag
This is the accuracy balance - mag hits more but has reduced damage at range to compensate for prowlers and vans being less accurate.

6) Damage per Shot
Van > Mag > Prowler
Known before this and confirmed again.

7) Rate of Fire
Prowler > Mag > Van
Known before this and confirmed again.

8) Armor
Van > Prowler > Mag
Knew the Van was the strongest but didn't know the order of the other two. Mag strafing keeps strong front armor facing target so Prowler and Mag are probably effectively the same with speed & maneuverability of the two compensating for the difference in armor vs the mag.

Kevmo would have the definitive answer here, but there's definitely more than the 4 listed. I think I'm reasonably close with the above assessment.
__________________
Malorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by TOCS View Post
What the..? Is the game published in Asia as well? Like all those other F2P shooters?
Ah pranetside 2 prease.
__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Knocky
Major
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Ah pranetside 2 prease.

I am NOT taking your bait......but oh, how I want too.
__________________
Knocky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
kaffis
Contributor
Major
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Here's the advantages as I know it.
Speculations on torque? I'm thinking that the Vanguard is probably the one able to throw its weight around since it doesn't have the speed, while the Magrider is probably a lightweight and can't push its way through much. (other than swathes of torsos... *shakes fist angrily*)
kaffis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


I just have to say, the colors on that Vanguard look incredibly sexy. Needs to be a more consistent color scheme across the rest of the NC stuff. Need to see some more black and slightly darker yellows!
LostAlgorithm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kran De Loy
Captain
 
Kran De Loy's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


I can see where the Vanguard and the Prowler would have equal maneuverability because they both use track systems, Vanguard being slower can pull tighter turns while the Prowler being fast can also turn at a faster rate, but at maximum speed it would still kind of makes those turns a bit wide.

Magriders on the other hand will still 'drift' like they did in the first game that will annoy the living crap out of people I think and probably making tight turns a pain in the ass. But as was shown in the GDC videos those Magriders can get pretty high up in the air and just flat out ignore a lot of terrain problems that Vanguards and Prowlers will have to drive around.

Also being able to drive behind a boulder then slowly rise up so only the gun turret is peaking out over the top would be pretty broken so they went ahead and are keeping it on the main body of the Magrider so people don't do broken stuff like that.

Not that I like the fact that Mags won't be able to use cover like any sane person would want to when they have the least amount of armor among the three of them, but I can understand why they would do it that way.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-18 at 02:08 AM.
Kran De Loy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Shogun
Contributor
General
 
Shogun's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post

But as was shown in the GDC videos those Magriders can get pretty high up in the air and just flat out ignore a lot of terrain problems that Vanguards and Prowlers will have to drive around.
you realized that the flying magrider was a bug? it was confirmed by the devs already. and i guess it was no coincidence, that the display-cable disconnected a few seconds after this silly ufo bug showed up on the demo
__________________
***********************official bittervet*********************

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Shogun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Tamas
Staff Sergeant
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Ah pranetside 2 prease.
Impossibru


On topic - well Vanguard having best armor and gun will suit me as a heavy tank, while Lightning will fill the fast/nimble light tank. Having said that I would love to try the other tanks as well - pity you can't steal them

Well Mag for sure, as I will have a VS alt.

Last edited by Tamas; 2012-04-18 at 05:50 AM.
Tamas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Erendil
First Lieutenant
 
Erendil's Avatar
 
Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Maneuverability != speed

Prowler is the fastest tank, and I suspect the Vanguard is the slowest, that's another important difference.

There's more than just 4 differences between the tanks.

Here's the advantages as I know it.

1) Speed
Prowler > Mag > Van
We know for sure prowler is the fastest

2) Acceleration
Prowler > Mag > Van
Total guess, but assume it follows the same trend as speed

3) Maneuverability
Mag > Prowler = Van
This reveal confirms this one.

4) Accuracy
Mag > Prowler = Van
We know mag is best, assuming others are equal (in PC mag they are but in slightly different ways)

5) Damage retention over distance
Van = Prowler > Mag
This is the accuracy balance - mag hits more but has reduced damage at range to compensate for prowlers and vans being less accurate.

6) Damage per Shot
Van > Mag > Prowler
Known before this and confirmed again.

7) Rate of Fire
Prowler > Mag > Van
Known before this and confirmed again.

8) Armor
Van > Prowler > Mag
Knew the Van was the strongest but didn't know the order of the other two. Mag strafing keeps strong front armor facing target so Prowler and Mag are probably effectively the same with speed & maneuverability of the two compensating for the difference in armor vs the mag.

Kevmo would have the definitive answer here, but there's definitely more than the 4 listed. I think I'm reasonably close with the above assessment.
Pretty much what I was thinking too. Although I think I'd give the Mag the best acceleration to fit in with its top ranked maneuverability. IMO the Prowler's gear ratio would make it a little slower to get up to speed but once it gets there it can really move.

Gotta say tho that if those graphs are right I'm a little irritated about the Mag's armour. We were told earlier this year that the Prowler was the fastets tank but that the Mag had more armour to make up for it. Now that doesn't appear to be the case.

IMO the fastest tank should have the weakest armour. Unless the Mag significantly outdamages the Prowler up close, all the Prowler would need to do is run straight for any Mag it sees, since the Mag can't outrun it and can't take as much punishment.
__________________
Do Not Fear the DARK, Fear What Lies Within... http://www.darkhq.com

Erendil / SirAlydon-E
Guiding
Smurfs and Elmos Into the Light Since 2003
Erendil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.