Just a little Cry about faction hopping. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everyone thinks they're empire is underpowered
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-03, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

Now this might not be a universal thing, however I have noticed on Briggs a horrifying new trend that in my opinion needs to be addressed sooner rather then later.

Now for the crying part. I hope you have your tissues ready, I have mine!
More then once in the past week I have been defending a Sunderer or squiring a Max locking down a choke point only to be shot to death by a battle rank 1 and to see them mow down almost everyone defending the choke point. Even more alarming is when a similar phenomenon happens to key Sunderers. Again a low battlerank spawns in, kills any engineers on it then proceeds to pump rockets into it, unchecked the sundy dies.

Now myself being the vengeful type, I make a note of their name on little slips of paper I keep at my desk, curious this afternoon I did a quick search of them and to my dismay all of them had been deleted. I am not going to name and shame these low lifes, but honestly they arn't breaking any rules, just operating within the parameters allowed. I personally think this should not be allowed.

I have no idea how to solve this because even if you go back to the one character per faction per server, nothing is stopping these people making secondary accounts simply to cut to the chase and undermine an assualt or defense and deleting their characters to cover their tracks so to speak.

That is it really. Dabbing my eyes as I type this little cry over.

Old 2013-06-03, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nur
Sergeant

Re: Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

8hours cooldown to switch faction on same server.

EASY
Old 2013-06-03, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Necronile
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nur View Post

EASY
+1
best solution ever
Old 2013-06-03, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Shogun
Contributor
General

EASY
+1

and to keep them from making a new account to do this, place the cooldown in the client, not the account!

so you have to use another installation of the game or another computer to do this.

this would reduce the issue by about 90% for sure.

other solution: turn off friendly fire for battlerank 1-3.
still give out all the warnings, but don´t register the damage done.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-03, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

EASY
*Not triggered unless you leave the warpgate.*

Old 2013-06-03, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Qwan
Captain

See the comment above mine, I agree whole hardilly, there needs to be a cool down period.

Check this out:
Last sunday we were fighting at the bio lab on INDAR Allatum bio lab to be exact. We were keeping the NC at bay and out of our dome, had the teleports covered solid. There were tons of NC trying to come out, and hitting the jump pads, but we had a pretty solid set up of radoms and of course MAP guys. Then out of know were some newb starts spamming us with rockets and grenades, killing most of us, O and check the name and Ill post it UbR1dog, we sent the name up, and needless to say his actions didnt change the battle but, and this charactor could not be found, though I was quite suspitious when we all died the NC seemed to come out of the teleport box and capture the point, like they new we were no longer covering that area. I think SOE and the crew really need to fix that faction hoping shit. Im going to shut up now because I know there is a thread already complaining about this. But they really need to look into this matter.
Old 2013-06-03, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

This happened to me last night. We had a great fight against a zerg of vs magriders. Our harassers had chopped them up. As I was repairing at a friendly base a br1 blew up my harasser with a decimator.

I am all for a cooldown on switching factions.
Old 2013-06-03, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
This happened to me last night. We had a great fight against a zerg of vs magriders. Our harassers had chopped them up. As I was repairing at a friendly base a br1 blew up my harasser with a decimator.

I am all for a cooldown on switching factions.
We where probably in the same fight. I had my sundy deployed just outside of Peris Barracks last night when we where trying to warpgate the VS. Some shitty little BR12 comes running up to my sundy and throws some AV mines underneath it and begins to shoot them. I started unloading into the asshole because when I saw what was up. Unfortunately I was not able to get him in time. My Sundy went up and he logged off right after I killed him.

We had the same thing happen yet again while fighting up north on indar later in the night. It was very annoying.

They really need to bring back timers on swapping empires.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-06-03 at 08:28 AM.
Old 2013-06-03, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Shogun
Contributor
General

another idea that would work without restricting people who really like to swap empires and play legit:

instead of a cooldown that restricts to play as another empire, use this cooldown on friendly fire.
how would it work?
someone plays as vs. he gets pissed and wants to asshat another faction to influence the actual stalemate, so he logs to tr.
but the client registered, that the faction has been changed and turns off friendly fire registration on the client for any player/account for the next 2 hours.

maybe even take it a step further to prevent people from abusing this to intentionally get rid of friendly fire: a portion of the friendly fire damage is reflected and applies to the griefer instead of the friendlies.

also, the warnings and weaponlock counters would stay active at all times.

i think this would be a fair solution for everyone and it would neutralise the problem quite well. (as much as it is possible in a free to play game)
key to success is that the client saves the cooldowns and doesn´t link them to accounts. in addition, it could be saved in the account, to even prevent using same account on different rig.

i think the main problem comes from players who want to influence the actual big battle they seem to be losing.
even a short cooldown of half an hour would prevent this type of behaviour, because when you have to wait 30 minutes, the stalemate might already be broken.

by the way, a br1-3 that does any damage to a deployed friendly sunderer should always get the full damage he tries to inflict dealt on himself!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-06-03 at 08:16 AM.
Old 2013-06-03, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
other solution: turn off friendly fire for battlerank 1-3.
still give out all the warnings, but don´t register the damage done.
This is possibly the best idea I have seen. I wouldn't stop at BR3. Make up to BR10 where friendly fire damage is turned off, but the messages still appear and you can still get weapon locked for attempting it.

This would be great for new players that aren't awesome at FPS games or used to friendly fire mechanics. A lot of Battlefield and Call of Duty players play on core servers and aren't neccessarily used to friendly fire mechanics. This could be a quality of life improvement that would also combat alts griefing.

Then on top of that they need a tracking method for players to report and flag griefers that are BR10+. SOE can manually observe those flagged players and ban the accounts where needed to make sure they are legit griefers. If people have to continually spend time to level an alt just to grief then they will be less likely to keep doing it.

maybe even take it a step further to prevent people from abusing this to intentionally get rid of friendly fire: a portion of the friendly fire damage is reflected and applies to the griefer instead of the friendlies.

also, the warnings and weaponlock counters would stay active at all times.
This would actually be better than even banning griefers. Instead of banning the account confirmed griefers have code turned on that makes all friendly fire damage hit the player instead of the friendly. Just have these griefers killing themselves. Don't even tell the player this was turned on. Let them message SOE to figure out why they can't kill friendlies.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-06-03 at 08:21 AM.
Old 2013-06-03, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shogun
Contributor
General

i played a game once, that had a anti pirating protection work like this, and i thought that was pure genius!
it was a round based multiplayergame, and if a player was detected with a pirated copy of the game, the whole game would turn against him without notice.
all ia enemies would go for him first and use overpowered weapons to strip the pirate of any fun he could have in the game.

also when someone tried to cheat and was detected by the server, every other player was informed about that, but not the cheater. the game featured alliances, and everybody would ally against a cheater.
it worked very good and was a better approach than just banning, because the legit players would have the fun on the cheater instead of the other way round.

so turning the game against griefers would be the most effective way to get rid of them!

Old 2013-06-03, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dragonskin
Major

so turning the game against griefers would be the most effective way to get rid of them!
Totally agree. I think this would stop a lot of it. Players would have to contact SOE to figure out why it's happening. At that point SOE can make a deal with them if they stop being asshats then they can have their accounts returned to normal. Greifers would get tired of their fun being stripped away without warning and just stop.
Old 2013-06-03, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

This is a frustrating issue and in an exploit for sure. I have run into this several times and it is highly frustrating, almost as frustrating as my own real teammates killing my squads sunderers just so they can deploy their squads sunderer in the place we already claimed. Just last night while attacking Cross Roads Watchtower on Mattherson we had our sundy deployed and troops streaming out of it, some guy pulls his sundy next to ours, instead of running to the battle I hang back and keep and eye on him......he starts to thrown mines down under our sundy.....I kill him.......and his sundy. I hope he got the point...

More importantly I hope SOE includes some more stern solutions to stem team jumping and griefing, esspecially vehicle griefing (Sundys specifically).
Old 2013-06-03, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Doesnt happen to the NC on Briggs, we have the 41st for that...
(that comment will cost me a dozen TK's)

They need a cooldown on changing factions as previously suggested.
It might stop some of these faction jumping shit stains.
Old 2013-06-03, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

While I have to agree we need some timer for faction hopping, I also REALLY like the idea of the timer not hitting unless you leave the warpgate.

Because I log in every day to all my characters just to get the free 50 certs
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion