Boo! Hiss! Recerting! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Batman is a stalker!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-27, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Alright lets see

Nothing to do with anything. Just because somebody likes green eggs, they should not be forced to have ham with it when they could get fries or a soda instead.
The cost of the vehicles is only going up for harasser and mosquito. Before they could have green eggs and ham, fries or a soda, now they can have green eggs and ham AND fries or a soda.

There affectively changing the numbers to get everything and it squeezes out stuff you could get before when it was based around individualizing your charcatre, like it should be. This removes the insentive for everyone who isnt just a mindless FPS player to play at all. And this game WAS NOT designed for FPS players!
You CAN'T get everything. Where the hell are people getting this stupid idea. Lumping the vehicles together will give SOME people a few extra cert points. The ones who were using 2 or more of the vehicles in those groups in the first place. This lets them pick up another weapon or support cert they wouldn't have had before.

No more depending on team members to do certain tasks when everyone else can do it.

We won't see full transports because everyone else will be able to drive one.

Guareentee well see more maxes than infantry in the game from now on
Why not? Not everybody is going to have every vehicle cert. This lumping together of certs isn't going to save very many people ANY points at all.

Who the hell is going to pick up the transport cert if they didn't have it before? Nobody, thats who! I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people who actually save cert points on this are going to pick up a new weapon or support cert.

Why? The ONLY people who are going to pick up that cert are the ones who ALREADY have 2 or 3 max certs. Somebody who didn't like maxs before isn't suddenly going to pick up the uni-max cert now that its buy 2 get one free. Thats idiotic.

Last edited by Nimbus; 2003-11-27 at 06:06 PM.
Old 2003-11-27, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Jagd
Major

Exactly! Although I can see more people picking up Transport cause it will only be 2 certs, and taking Air Support because you'll at least have something to do when there is no Dropship center around.
Old 2003-11-27, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
EarlyDawn
Major General

I really can't wait to see what the result for this system is. If they're making it so that all certs in the groups cannot be purchaced individually, there's gonna be a major shitstorm.
Old 2003-11-27, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Ait'al
Contributor
General

In case you havent noticed, there are more maxes than infantry currently, its insane.

Why wont you see transports? For 2 certs, everyone and theyre grandmother should have a sund or deliv, and if ur in a squad pick one person to use it!

The devs will not nerf maxes...and 5 certs is still a lot to waste on maxes...its basically a buy 2 get one free...Im only getting all 3 on my TR server because i have 2 already!

But i like the fact that ill be getting a gal and lodestar now, i got the lib. See? Ill be transporting my squad if necessary...
The point is, no, you wont be driving your outfit aruond because theyll all have it too and will be driving there own. As in everyone will be driving empty transport vehicles around everywhere in mass numbers. No transport, just stupid people.

Think about it this way. NC MAX can take 4 decimator hits I believe if using a full shield. Thus, they are the best for leading an assault. The VS MAXs are the most manueverable thus allowing them to flank the enemy and get rid of enemy defenses quicker, making them excellent for 'inside' jobs. The TR MAXs are the best defenders, hands down, and, they have the best splash damage out of all the MAXs allowing them to max out on their capabilities.
Isnt the amount of damage per shot the same as the armors/infantry instead of the vehicles. If its not thats the whole max damage issue. If you treat them as armor when you hit them with anti armor/infantry weapons they take damage liek a rexo and take less damage when hit by anti veh. Its sounds like the problem is there sying cause there getting hit by anti vehicle damage full blast instead of getting there non vehicle dedection to damage. Fixing that makes them still die decently to anti vehicles and still makes them and inbetween to armor/infantry and vehicles because it would still take some time to die from anti armor/infantry weapons which is waht they are?!?!?! There supposed to be 650 armor in comparison to the rexos 150 not tanks. Does anyone get my point. If they take damage like vehicles there ratios of armor is affectively 5 times less because there taking the same damage as a tank form the same weapons. If you make them take damage the same as armor/infantry htey work like armor, like they should and can actually last against the high powered anti veh weapons damage that has to be to take out tanks. The only hting that has to be done to fix them is make them armors/infantry when it comes to damage instead of vehicles.

Does anyone know what the letters RPG stand for and what that meant to this game?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-27 at 07:40 PM.
Old 2003-11-27, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Jagd
Major

I really doubt that will happen. What is more likely to happen, is the thankless driver's seat will be rotated around among squad members. "I'll drive to Thoth if you let me gun on our way to Mont."
Old 2003-11-27, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Pretty much. Most of the Gal pilots I know have lib also anyway.
Old 2003-11-27, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Rayder
General

Misc Info

This is almost unrelated to this thread. For you mosquito pilots, what if they added a new air attack vehicle? The "Mockingbird" it would have a set speed, and afterburners would be used to slow it down (i forget what RL plane uses this system now, but I do know someone else posted it and said all air vehicles [in PS] should use this instead of just a new one). We could put it with the Air Calvary and make the Mossy part of the harrasser/lightning group.
Old 2003-11-27, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
I Hate Pants
General

I still don't like the idea, and players will lose their individuality. I wish they only grouped up the transports and air support vehicles and leave everytihng else by itself. Especially ditch the unimax idea. Oh yeah and keep the atv and support vehicles grouped.

But hell. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens on the test server. You guys should be ready for the devs to make corrections though. As we all know the first releases of new content don't always seem to turn out for the best.

Last edited by I Hate Pants; 2003-11-27 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2003-11-27, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

[Edited-reason-wasn't thinking properly when I wrote the damn thing.]

Engineering roles should be upped. Engineers just are not appreciated enough. Neither are Medics, for that matter. So maybe throw Engineering and Medic together for 4 certs, and and Make Advanced Med and CE 1 cert point each, or throw them together for 2 certs. People who use both now will get a cert or two back, and people who only use one type will now get both for only one cert more. Plus, if they are Adv meds, then they will get CE for only one cert point more, the cert point it costed extra for both Eng and Med.

Last edited by Flammey; 2003-11-28 at 01:13 AM.
Old 2003-11-27, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Hamma
PSU Admin

Im holding judgment on this whole thing until I actually SEE it in action.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-28, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Flammey, thats what the Uni-MAX cert will do, just without the complications of what your talking about.
Old 2003-11-28, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, I realize that. I meant that it is what they should have done in the first place. I also should have said that one MAX suit could hold different weapon type. Essentially like a soldier, you could switch weapons in the field. You'd have to carry both ammo types, and would have less to use of one type, if you want to be able to use the other weapon type. That's what I meant. My brain got all muffled, and I wrote something different. Essentially, what I want MAX's to be like is regular armor. You can choose your weapons. Except your weapons can only be the three MAX types, as your weapon hand has no hand, and can't carry anything. You attach and detach your weapon from a socket, which takes a few seconds. It's essentially like reloading. That brings up a question, Excepting the TR MAX's, as they already carry two weapons, why can't NC and VS MAX's carry a regular weapon in their other hand? They have fingers. Actually TR MAX's have fingers too, despite the fact that they are carrying dual weapons. Or at least I remember the DC having hands and fingers. My character waved at people often. No matter. These are just retorical questions. Not really needing answers. MAX's are fine the way they are.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion