Indar/High Density Area Server Delay/Lag Getting Out Of Hand - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than sex. Well, fat sex atleast.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Mattherson (US East)

Old 2013-04-24, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Indar/High Density Area Server Delay/Lag Getting Out Of Hand

Not sure what I'm hoping to accomplish by posting this other than perhaps getting the word out toward a fix. From what I'm hearing it might be a Mattherson-exclusive issue, but has been going on for some time now.

While it's subtle stuff that the average player may not notice, it has led to many of us boycotting Indar and other completely zerged/poplocked areas during alerts and prime time due to the significant reduction in quality of enjoyment caused by server issues. I originally thought it was only Indar, as that is where the issue is 99% of the time, though I had it happen for the first time on Esamir last night as well and resorted to fighting on Amerish as my only choice if I wanted to avoid this issue. Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
  • Serious hit registration issues where only a few bullets will feel like they actually hit where they are supposed to
  • Items such as medkits completely breaking by healing you to full then immediately back to low health
  • Chat being extremely delayed, we're talking like 10 seconds for your message to appear after sending it
  • and many other examples of client/server desynchronization, almost as if slight packet loss was present consistently

Please don't bother telling me it's a problem on my end -- I'm sure some people won't notice what I'm talking about, like I said, it's subtle but definitely game-changing for advanced and perceptive players. SO many people have reported this type of thing happening, especially on Indar Mattherson, that I am confident it has nothing to do with anything on any of our ends.

If need be, I can try to pull together some video clips from my stream that showcase the types of examples of this that I'm talking about. Thanks for listening and if you've experienced this as well (on any server for that matter), please help get the word out.

Old 2013-04-24, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Indar/High Density Area Server Delay/Lag Getting Out Of Hand

Don't worry. You're not the only one. I and several members of my outfit have experienced this as well. Doesn't happen when I'm on waterson or any European server.
Old 2013-04-24, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks for the support Crimson, I threw up a mirrored thread on the official forums where we've got a lot of people involved as well: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...f-hand.119550/

Old 2013-04-25, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Got a bit of feedback not only here and on the official forums, but on Reddit as well -- thanks everyone!

Old 2013-05-02, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kroova
Private

A large number of people in my outfit have experienced this. Server lag at and around prime-time becomes ridiculous on Indar. Most of the people I know play exclusively in Essamir and Amerish because of the server lag.

As a former Soltech player, this was one of the things I was afraid would happen if we merged with an already packed server like Mattherson.
Old 2013-05-02, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Artimus
Master Sergeant

My whole theory as to why Indar always has solid fights and lag is for the fact that the layout of the cont. has natural bottlenecks all over the place. Ever been on Easimer when it's poplocked? You can still be decently spread apart to where Indar everyone is stuck between two canyons. This is why Indar gets so laggy in big fights (well at least my theory).
Old 2013-05-03, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
monkjunk
Private

"Matthew Higby ‏@mhigby
We've got what we hope is a fix for the periodic frame rate sudder some players are experiencing post-patch. Hotfix tonight."

Although this isn't a solution to all your problems, it might help
Old 2013-05-03, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by monkjunk View Post
"Matthew Higby ‏@mhigby
We've got what we hope is a fix for the periodic frame rate sudder some players are experiencing post-patch. Hotfix tonight."

Although this isn't a solution to all your problems, it might help
Don't think so. Higby is talking about a new issue that just cropped up this update, where you'd occasionally encounter microstutter.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Mattherson (US East)