Enterable Galaxies - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A local site for local people
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-17, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dominicewan
Private

Question Enterable Galaxies

I had an idea.
Galaxies are the size of buildings and you can enter buildings, right?
So what if you have to walk into the galaxy and walk to a seat instead of just pressing E to enter?
It would open up the chance for enemies to hide in your galaxy and spring traps and you could host epic fights on board moving galaxies.

-Dom
Old 2012-06-17, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zekeen
Major

Re: Enterable Galaxies

Not capable of happening. As cool as it would be, currently the Galaxy has no inside graphics, it's hollow. This idea would be nice, but it just can't even be considered at the current time. Once, somewhere within the next year or so, the devs add in enter/exit animations with vehicles with modeled insides, then this idea could be tossed around. We're just not even at square 1 with all this stuff yet.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

It is much easier to balance transports (and other vehicles) around crew slots, rather than how many people can fit inside a given space. As it is, I eagerly await the attempts to pile soldiers on top of Galaxies in Beta.

Last edited by Flaropri; 2012-06-17 at 08:52 AM.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

You also have to consider how the game would mechanically make that happen. Remember that the galaxy flies, so you'd have to construct this in such a way that when it is flying the passengers don't simply fall out -- and in video games, shit happens with doors and windows and walls from time to time.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BillyBob
Corporal

As previous posters have already pointed out, there are probably technical issues that would make this difficult to implement.

That said, I would like to see some internal graphics for the Galaxy when seated in your position. Sometime in the future maybe.

/BB

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault