Suicidal pilots; should they be in Planetside 2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Contributor of chair butt creases everywhere
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-20, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dreamcast
Major

Re: Suicidal pilots; should they be in Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Is there anything more fun than gaining people's trust then stabbing them in the back? I mean, for you and Dreamcast?

When it thrills you to betray people, even in a game, it just seems pathological. I guess your answer would be "It's only a game." Well, so are outlawed Japanese stalk-and-rape games. Do you own a bunch of those, since they are "only a game."?
I loved Team Killing.......but then you get lots of grief so you have to come up with new ways of screwing people over.

Dropping them in the Ocean was one of those ways...destroying terminals,mines,etc.

It was pretty fun, then getting there weapons and smuggling them to my TR empire.

lol
Old 2011-07-20, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Traak
Colonel

Well, now I understand. Yuck.

LOL, however, it's all the different people that thrill or annoy us that keep us coming back.
Old 2011-07-20, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I really don't understand how you couldn't die from someone crashing an aircraft into you much less prevent that in the game.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-20, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
I really don't understand how you couldn't die from someone crashing an aircraft into you much less prevent that in the game.
It's science, I ain't gotta 'splain shiet.
Old 2011-07-20, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I also took people on my galaxy and dropped them in the middle of the ocean
I was known for that during beta... Friendly ocean gal drops. Oh how I miss the angry private msgs.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
kaffis
Contributor
Major

I'm hoping that the resource system will disincentivize suicide vehicles of any type in favor of trying to fall back and repair.

Hopefully, the resources hit of ineffective vehicular use will hit home on an individual level, as well as the empire one. The problem with NTUs in PS1 was that terrible players didn't care they were bleeding the base dry with their terrible, resource-intensive play.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SKYeXile
Major General

People kill themselves in PS1 so other people dont get kill credit...i think theres a simple solution...GIVE SOMEBODY KILL CREDIT FOR A SUICIDE.

obviously they would have had to of hit them within a certain amount fo time for xx damage, same goes with teamkilling, and killstealing give credit to the people who did the highest percentage of damage out of the last 100% HP damage taken.

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-07-20 at 11:28 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Traak
Colonel

I agree. Like hockey, where the last player from the scoring team gets credit for the goal, even if someone from the scored-on team literally slapped it in the net himself.

That way, forcing some guy to suicide is exactly and just as productive as blowing him to hell. Thus these kill-depriving guys will quit being so gay and just fight to the finish instead of leaping to their doom.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
People kill themselves in PS1 so other people dont get kill credit...
I did it to bring fourth the "Divine Wind" all Japanese-style!
Old 2011-07-20, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Bags
Lieutenant General

Higby confirmed assist / damage based XP.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Is there anything more fun than gaining people's trust then stabbing them in the back? I mean, for you and Dreamcast?

When it thrills you to betray people, even in a game, it just seems pathological. I guess your answer would be "It's only a game." Well, so are outlawed Japanese stalk-and-rape games. Do you own a bunch of those, since they are "only a game."?

If you betray your empire, then you should be rewarded with all your characters being brought back to BR0 CR0. It's the Sony equivalent of a death sentence, you know, what spies and traitors enjoy. But, remember, it's only a game.
Fuck it. I'll take a ban for this.

Oh shut the fuck up, you ball-jawing twat. I may be severely drunk right now but I'm tired of your cunty holier-than-thou posts. You're like that goddamned mosquito that keeps buzzing around my ear in a dark tent as I'm trying to stick my dick in your sister's ass. It's a goddamned video game, chill the fuck out and go let your sister swallow your cum so you can finally release some stress. Jesus fucking Christ on wheat toast.

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-07-21 at 12:27 AM. Reason: I'm incredibly intoxicated and made a typo.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

That's not going to get you any big fish. Now CRUSHING, that will get you some big fish. I've killed several BFRs in a match between my Gal, their face, and a Tree. The tree won but I got the kill credit and could still fly away.
As for killing people in Sanc, how are you supposed to kill the ones inside the HART building? Those people who think being AFK makes them safe? I'll tell you how: Mods. I've murdered people in Sanc using the explosion of a mod when it's timer runs out and someone's holding it. NOTHING IS SAFE.

Seriousness aside, there's a good reason to kill death explosions in the game. I'll pull up an example I saw about 4 days ago. NC GG is close to death, VS FV is tracking it but has a lot of fire on him. He's not going to be able to kill it with his dual starfires. So he cuddles up to the thing and when he dies the GG goes with him and nets him a kill from the pilot who bailed.
I also tend to use this as a final 'screw you' sort of thing where I try to take one or two with me when I know I'm not getting out alive. Has turned several losses into ties during dog fights. Definitely would miss it if it wasn't in PS2.

Last edited by Captain1nsaneo; 2011-07-21 at 01:04 AM.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Beagle
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Fuck it. I'll take a ban for this.

Oh shut the fuck up, you ball-jawing twat. I may be severely drunk right now but I'm tired of your cunty holier-than-thou posts. You're like that goddamned mosquito that keeps buzzing around my ear in a dark tent as I'm trying to stick my dick in your sister's ass. It's a goddamned video game, chill the fuck out and go let your sister swallow your cum so you can finally release some stress. Jesus fucking Christ on wheat toast.
Well, just because it's a game doesn't mean you're not getting your kicks from screwing over everyone else's fun.

I mean, a little griefing every now and then doesn't make you the devil, but bragging about your skill at abusing faction swapping to screw up something fun like Gal rides makes you sound like a dick. So if you're going to do that, you probably don't need to fly off the handle when someone calls you on it.

On topic, I'm with the crowd that hopes the new resource system will make this kind of thing more costly for the player and their side.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Jesus i'm guessing a lot of you wouldn't survive in EVE or Darkfall.

Griefing?

Originally Posted by Traak
Being a traitor is being a traitor. Not having good character bleeds over and from other areas of your life.
That is honestly the most pathetic argument I have ever heard.

Last edited by Ranik Ortega; 2011-07-21 at 01:15 AM.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Ranik Ortega View Post
Jesus i'm guessing a lot of you wouldn't survive in EVE or Darkfall.
So, I'm guessing that you think that you are some worldly-wise member of the kewlzzz OMGzz kidzzz club because you think we "wouldn't survive in EVE or Darkfall."?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion