Infiltration Suits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where manlove is encouraged
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-16, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HRR Raven
Corporal

Cool Infiltration Suits

It's been revealed that when someone in an Inf. suit runs, they become partially visible. However, how visible are they if they bail out of a Galaxy? An interesting idea is to have a galaxy overfly an enemy base; a squad of inf suits bails out, and fall to the ground. If they aren't highly visible, you suddenly have a bunch of invisible commandos in your base. They run to a locker, hack it, and suddenly you have enemy maxes in your base. This could be an awesome tactic if combined by a feint conducted by another unit. If the enemy's too busy fighting off an attack they won't be looking for those dropping commandos

God Bless America

Last edited by HRR Raven; 2003-02-16 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2003-02-16, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mikedanad
Private

Wink

No answer, but damn good question and idea

You have reached Consequential Devistation.. Dissapear now.
Http://ConDev.weaponsrackgame.com
"If life hands you lemons...YOU SIT DOWN AND EAT YOUR DAMN LEMONS!"
"If practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, why bother?"
Old 2003-02-16, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sputty
Banned

Whoa..good question...Jeez...I really don't know..I'd assume you'd become more visible when the kinetic dampeners came on but I don't know. I think, unless Hamma knows, SJ will have to answer that.
Old 2003-02-16, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Can you store armor in a locker?
Old 2003-02-16, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I dont think so, but you could hack an enemy item station thingy.
Old 2003-02-16, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

You can hack lockers, the question was though if you would only be able to take your own stuff out, or the enemy's stuff. That's a great idea. Though i bet they become partially visible and then uber snipers like me will pick you off as you fall.
Old 2003-02-16, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
HRR Raven
Corporal

I don't know if it's evern been mentioned. During the dev chat they say it has the capacity for several maxes. But he could have meant several max trunks, instead of armors themselves. However, I know that when a gen is taken out, or a base is hacked, you can't use terminals, so you'll need a place to get armor. So, I would imagine you can put armor in them, so that you can get it when you need it. Gun towers down't have terminals, but they have spawn tubes, so you'll need to be able to get armor then. So, I'm wagering that yes, you can put armor in lockers. Which leaves this strategy viable and ready to be used for some serious beat

God Bless America

Last edited by HRR Raven; 2003-02-16 at 08:04 PM.
Old 2003-02-16, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

As far as I know you can put any weapon, armor, and ammo in a locker. As far as the hacking issue goes I haven't a clue if you can hack lockers, I wouldn't expect you could though. You can hack the terminals with the right certs and get your gear like that. On the storage issue, I do think SJ ment that the lockers storage space is a big as several MAX trunks. I can jsut see it now, it's going to look funny out in the field pulling weapons, ammo, and gear out of a MAXs arse.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-02-16 at 08:16 PM.
Old 2003-02-16, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HRR Raven
Corporal

The hacking issue: It's been discussed on some other threads, but you can hack lockers. However, the contents of the locker is not that of an enemy, but your own. So, if you can get into an enemy base, you can hack one of their lockers so it'll give you access to your own stuff. Still leaves the possibility of swaping an INF suit for a MAX

God Bless America
Old 2003-02-16, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Saint
Captain

No no no, you can't store an armor in a locker, SJ merely said as an answer to "how big are lockers?" that they were the size of several MAX inventories, not able to hold many MAXs.
Old 2003-02-16, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

More details emerge. You can store armors in lockers maybe not a MAX but you can store the others.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-02-16 at 08:25 PM.
Old 2003-02-16, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
HRR Raven
Corporal

You'd have to be able to store armor in lockers, otherwise spawning at a gun tower would leave you in light armor, and a sitting duck. So, I imagine that you CAN store a max in an inventory, and if not, most certainly medium armor. Either way, you suddenly get lots more armor and lots more guns when you hack that locker

I'm still wagering that you can store a max armor in your locker. We shall see, though, what the reality of the situation actually is, though, when someone decides to spill the beans

God Bless America
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion