Why I quit PS1 - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's watching. Think happy thoughts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-28, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
No actually people who have stuck around for 9 years have no idea what is fun. They're the types that grind CR for their I-win buttons and drive the other 90% customers away.

If SONY wants to pander to the 10%, while driving away the other 90%, then by all means enjoy your ghost town of a MMOFPS just like in PS1.

And I think I played for like 6 months, not 4 months.

Darkfall = failboat MMORPG, a greifer's paradise. I told you so, I told you so, ah ah I told you so.

Buff CE, remove CUD abilities completely.
You've played for 6 months, and that gives you the knowledge on how to play a layered game like planetside? l o l.

I'll tell you what, I'll ce a base of my choice, and you have to try and get inside with me defending. I'll go ahead and let you know ahead of time, that it won't happen without an EMP.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-07-28, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
You've played for 6 months, and that gives you the knowledge on how to play a layered game like planetside? l o l.

I'll tell you what, I'll ce a base of my choice, and you have to try and get inside with me defending. I'll go ahead and let you know ahead of time, that it won't happen without an EMP.
The defender is suppose to have an advantage. That's the way war has been working for thousands of years. And that's why indirect artillery was invented. You take away all of this and all you've got left is a random brawl.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-28 at 10:35 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

The defender is suppose to have an advantage. That's the way war has been working for thousands of years. And that's why indirect artillery was invented. You take away all of this and all you've got left is a random brawl.
Except this a game, defense is supposed to be strong yes, but properly layed CE is impossible to get through with even population. Also, OS = indirect artillery, that can only be used once every 6 hours.

Old 2012-07-29, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Except this a game, defense is supposed to be strong yes, but properly layed CE is impossible to get through with even population. Also, OS = indirect artillery, that can only be used once every 6 hours.
OS is an I-win button, not artillery. It's invalid. And it doesn't matter if it's on a 6 hour timer.

A proper defense is easy to get through with massed flails, and a properly timed follow up offense.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

OS is an I-win button, not artillery. It's invalid. And it doesn't matter if it's on a 6 hour timer.

A proper defense is easy to get through with massed flails, and a properly timed follow up offense.

The OS is a 6 hour timer, it takes 1 minute to replace anything it killed.

It takes time to get massed flails setup, on top of also requiring a cavelock/mod to even pull them. Then of course you actually have to have enemies already pushed into the CY for them to be any real use. If the base your pushing already has vehicles out, even if you flail the courtyard out, you still won't push in easily, on top of the fact you're missing however many people you have manning the flails.

Btw, flails are more of an i win button then an OS.

Old 2012-07-29, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

The OS is a 6 hour timer, it takes 1 minute to replace anything it killed.
Irrelevant. I-win buttons have no place in a FPS game.

It takes time to get massed flails setup, on top of also requiring a cavelock/mod to even pull them. Then of course you actually have to have enemies already pushed into the CY for them to be any real use. If the base your pushing already has vehicles out, even if you flail the courtyard out, you still won't push in easily, on top of the fact you're missing however many people you have manning the flails.

Btw, flails are more of an i win button then an OS.
Wrong, flails are not an I-win button, it takes foresight, planning, cooperation to use them and they can be easily countered if there wasn't a warp bubble they could run to which is why they should be immobile setups in PS2.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

It doesn't equate to an I-win button, it's a tool that has nothing wrong with it.

And no, flails don't require any such thing, it takes a minute to get it deployed and setup a waypoint and a few test shots to get it lined up, and once you get going, you can tape the mouse button down and go make a sandwich (something I did once, came back to 20 kills from vpad camping). It's an I win button.

Last edited by Effective; 2012-07-29 at 04:01 AM.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
igster
Sergeant

Really.... A beach boy video... [long silence]

Oh and flails are skilled.
*shakes head*

Blinded by Theorycrafting
Old 2012-07-29, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

It doesn't equate to an I-win button, it's a tool that has nothing wrong with it.

And no, flails don't require any such thing, it takes a minute to get it deployed and setup a waypoint and a few test shots to get it lined up, and once you get going, you can tape the mouse button down and go make a sandwich (something I did once, came back to 20 kills from vpad camping). It's an I win button.
I KNEW IT! TR CAN'T DO ANYTHING BUT CAMP VPADS!

Oh and os being an iwin button? lmfao

Flail not an iwin button? lmfao

I almost hope this doesnt get locked so i can see him continually made a fool.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-30, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Crator
Major General

Making a fool out of oneself in this degree doesn't deserve a thread lock does it?
Old 2012-07-30, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Making a fool out of oneself in this degree doesn't deserve a thread lock does it?
possibly the single funniest thread on the entire forum.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
CheeZeX
Corporal

I think OS's themselves are fine, just the number of OS's available to a faction is the OP part.

I myself have 5 CR5's, 4 of which are NC. So in the event that I really, really, don't like a particular AA max sitting on a ridge, I can just OS him over and over and over.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Huntsab
Sergeant

You are saying an Orbital Strike is an I-win button. Hahahahahahahaha. I get hit by orbital strikes only if I am drunk, have my music up too loud and cannot hear the warning, or I am spawning into an AMS and I get pwned on materialising.

Use your hearing, and surge = counter. Very simple. Perhaps you should attempt to use my advice and see for yourself
Old 2012-07-30, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
You are saying an Orbital Strike is an I-win button. Hahahahahahahaha. I get hit by orbital strikes only if I am drunk, have my music up too loud and cannot hear the warning, or I am spawning into an AMS and I get pwned on materialising.

Use your hearing, and surge = counter. Very simple. Perhaps you should attempt to use my advice and see for yourself
You are correct sir!

Mostly OS's are used as a tactical strike, to take out an ams for instance.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Elays
Private

So I've been following the humor of this thread for some time, but I really must say something.

Dear Buggsy,

Declaring anything "irrelevant" in your opinion does not make it so.
Declaring anything "I-win" does not make it so.
You are dismissing entirely valid and reasonable arguments about tactical balance because you, and you alone, consider them "I-win" or "irrelevant"

Therefore, you no longer have any logical structure to your argument, let alone credibility. If you wish to carry on such debate in the future, I suggest you learn how to so in a more structured and reasonable fashion.

Sincerely,
Elays
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion