Why I quit PS1 - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I love the way you tickle my feet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-31, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Tactical Pony
Private

Re: Why I quit PS1

ive tea bagged so many fools crouched behind a tree with their cud out and killed them, seems like a counter to me.

the CR system having no form of required maintainence (you dont have to stay on say the top 10 for the leaderboards or whatever) is what's broken, EMP/OS is only somewhat overbearing considdering it runs off it's own resources (meaning you dont lose an implant slot or cert points for it) but other than that the idea is fine, learn to play.

Now, the real problem, these super steroid flying mike tyson reavers got way overbuffed.

I remember getting killed by one after making 2 direct unguided hits and one camera splash hit using a deci. He was getting hit by a cerb I put down when I saw him coming too so he had like a sliver of health left when he got me. while I was respawning he said he was impressed and noted that if it were pre buff I would have won.
Old 2012-07-31, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Speaking as someone who 'earned' CR5pam the hard way, I wouldn't miss the OS leaving us for good.

Old 2012-07-31, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Huntsab
Sergeant

Too many VS maxes, too many Scat maxes, too much thumper and plasma spam and too many noobs camping the spawns. I have never heard an OS, which you can easily out run and has a huge timer, being called over powered before. I suppose the MCG is over powered next and heaven forbid anyone who actually hits their Lasher orbs
Old 2012-07-31, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
Too many VS maxes, too many Scat maxes, too much thumper and plasma spam and too many noobs camping the spawns. I have never heard an OS, which you can easily out run and has a huge timer, being called over powered before. I suppose the MCG is over powered next and heaven forbid anyone who actually hits their Lasher orbs
How long have you been playing Planetside?
Old 2012-08-01, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
zjlhyking
Private

GOOD!
Old 2012-08-01, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Huntsab
Sergeant

I have been playing since 2005 on and off
Old 2012-08-01, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
LtWeulf
Private

I just thought the price was too much. -.-
Old 2012-08-01, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Bobz
Private

I Like trains !
Old 2012-08-01, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

HO scale boo yeah.

Old 2012-08-01, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
You know how stupid Star Wars movies would have looked if Storm Troopers just randomly appeared all over the place?

"Looks like you managed to cut off our only escape route."

"Maybe you'd like it back in your cell Princess."

5 storm troopers spawn in behind them. OH yeah that would look so cool.
You do realize the stormies were under direct orders to let them go right? They could of done just that. Learn 2 cannon.
Old 2012-08-02, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
It doesn't equate to an I-win button, it's a tool that has nothing wrong with it.
All CUD abilities are I-win buttons, including the OS.

And no, flails don't require any such thing, it takes a minute to get it deployed and setup a waypoint and a few test shots to get it lined up, and once you get going, you can tape the mouse button down and go make a sandwich (something I did once, came back to 20 kills from vpad camping). It's an I win button.
You can also drive a tank up to an enemy vpad and camp it, tape mouse button down.

CUD = I-win button
Tanks = Not an I-win button

Originally Posted by CheeZeX View Post
I think OS's themselves are fine, just the number of OS's available to a faction is the OP part.

I myself have 5 CR5's, 4 of which are NC. So in the event that I really, really, don't like a particular AA max sitting on a ridge, I can just OS him over and over and over.
Apparently that was the "endgame" of PS1, grind more CR5's. It's why I didn't participate in the "endgame" and unsubbed after about 6 months, wasn't interested.

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
You are saying an Orbital Strike is an I-win button. Hahahahahahahaha. I get hit by orbital strikes only if I am drunk, have my music up too loud and cannot hear the warning, or I am spawning into an AMS and I get pwned on materialising.

Use your hearing, and surge = counter. Very simple. Perhaps you should attempt to use my advice and see for yourself
Cool story brah but dying to an OS isn't the problem, and I never said it was. I'm talking about all CUD abilities including the EMP blast and reveal enemies.

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
You are correct sir!

Mostly OS's are used as a tactical strike, to take out an ams for instance.
Sure we can all sit around and push buttons, you know like how the PS2 beta video shows testers spawning planes by using beta commands; hit a button spawn a plane. An enemy 100 feet off can see you hitting your spawn plane button, and they can hit their OS button and destroy that plane. Then you can hit your Spawn Plane button again, and the enemy can hit their OS button again. How exciting, I'm sure it sounds exciting to you. It would be all "tactical" and stuff.

Originally Posted by Tactical Pony View Post
ive tea bagged so many fools crouched behind a tree with their cud out and killed them, seems like a counter to me.
wow, that's some deep thoughts, you tea bagged folks. Thank you for sharing this.

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
You do realize the stormies were under direct orders to let them go right? They could of done just that. Learn 2 cannon.
lol ...

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-08-02 at 11:42 AM.
Old 2012-08-02, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
Apparently that was the "endgame" of PS1, grind more CR5's. It's why I didn't participate in the "endgame" and unsubbed after about 6 months, wasn't interested.
Use of the word 'endgame' in a thread about a FPS makes any of your arguments against Planetside null and void.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2012-08-02, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
Use of the word 'endgame' in a thread about a FPS makes any of your arguments against Planetside null and void.
Anything that involves leveling up has an "endgame".
Old 2012-08-02, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

This thread has run its course I think. Only posts I see the past 5 pages are I WIN or OS sucks.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion