Looking into NC Carbine DPS for different distances. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is mayonnaise a weapon?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-17, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
benniehanas
Private

Looking into NC Carbine DPS for different distances.

I want to pick a primary Carbine to use around 70-80% of the time so looked into the AC-X11, AF-19, and the Gauss Compact S.

I figured that half the time a kill is made within a second or so, so I get shortrange, midrange, and long range DPS for each of the three guns. I used the figures from the site and a calculator to figure feet and DPS.

AC-X11 gives out 8.3 RPS:
Total damage of 1660 per second at around 33 feet
Total damage of 1423 per second at around 155 feet
Total damage of 1186 per second at around 278 feet

AF-19 gives out 10 RPS:
Total damage of 1670 per second at around 33 feet
Total damage of 1460 per second at around 138 feet
Total damage of 1250 per second at around 246 feet

GD-7F gives out around 14 RPS:
Total damage of 2002 per second at around 33 feet
Total damage of 1701 per second at around 114 feet
Total damage of 1400 per second at around 196 feet

I know I cannot look at DPS only as moving targets, and targets farther than around 100 feet are harder to hit with sustained bursts. When I game, I use short controlled bursts to hit a moving or far away target unless I'm being shot at and want to be lucky enough to take someone else with me.

I play mostly with light assault, so I do a mix of close combat and camping up top from over 90 feet away. I'd say the camping is around 65% of my game so want my weapon to work best at midrange than anything.

Being that at midrange, I will burst 1-4 bullets at a time, the GD-7F looks the best for me, but caps out at around 200ft. I sometimes hang around on mountain tops shooting down which is around 300 yds. This is usually around 10% of my gaming, and excludes the use of the GD-7F.

Looks like the Gauss for me as it has around the range I need, but comes with added attachments the others don't have and turns it into two guns in one.

I will probably use the GD-7F if in a Bio-Dome or something more close range as it's damage is very good at any range (excluding far away target recoil) and is better in these situations. I didn't use the AC-X11 because even though it had the best range, it has the least damage for all the ranges I looked at, so I'd probably always get killed trying to use it.

What do you guys think? There are many players with much more research and exp than me, so If I am missing anything, please let me know. I did find a good video on the effects of a forward grip on Youtube as I always questioned if it made a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDurIJh5j5E
Old 2014-04-18, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
wobblyone
Private

Re: Looking into NC Carbine DPS for different distances.

I have stopped looking at weapon stats. What looks best on paper is not necessarily the best weapon for you. It comes down to what 'feels right'.
I used the AF-19 for a long time and was very happy with it, but now I use nothing but the AC-11X
Sorry, that doesn't help much does it
Old 2014-04-18, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

I'd agree with the Wobblyone. What works for you isn't necessarily what works for others.

But I'd say I get killed more by the GD-7F than any of the others.
Old 2014-04-19, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

ACx-11 and Compact S was my shit until I auraxiumed them. GD-7f and Gauss Compact Burst are close seconds.
Old 2014-04-29, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
libbmaster
Private

Originally Posted by wobblyone View Post
I have stopped looking at weapon stats. What looks best on paper is not necessarily the best weapon for you. It comes down to what 'feels right'.
I used the AF-19 for a long time and was very happy with it, but now I use nothing but the AC-11X
Sorry, that doesn't help much does it
You nailed it.

For the most part, a weapons raw stats are no judge of how it will perform in game.

This makes the forum warrior battles all the more frustrating!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion