Quick question... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why play, When you can READ about playing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-10, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CoopTang
Private

Quick question...

Will everyone be able to max out every tree, like in Battlefield 3, or will it be like PS1 where you only have a certain number of certs to specialize? I am definitely a fan of the cert system of things so you can't be everything.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Quick question...

Given enough time, yes.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NCLynx
Major

In time I assume you will be able to train basically everything for every class, what will limit you is the amount of stuff you'll be able to utilize out of what you've trained due to your cert point cap.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Typwn View Post
Given enough cash or time, yes.
fixT.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-10, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
KALU
Master Sergeant

hopefully we are talking 5-6 years to max out

Yes im serious the longer the better
Old 2012-04-10, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Machine
Corporal

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
fixed.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shanesan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by KALU View Post
hopefully we are talking 5-6 years to max out

Yes im serious the longer the better
I don't see why longer is better. It really should be a couple weeks, max. This isn't EVE Online or some MMORPG game. This is a shooter. An MMO shooter. We should be able to level a class very quickly so we can be as useful as we can, quickly.

"Sorry boss, can't rez. I only have 3 months in as medic" is stupid.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

I really hope that they have a similar system to Eve. And that progression gets alot harder the further you go. So there is an insentive to make new players, to try out an instant reward to a few different skills. But if you want to have everything it will take literal months. Ensuring diversity between the player base.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-11, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Bonius
Sergeant

Wasn't certifications directly tied to the XP-pool while playing and only on a "timed gain" when offline?

Full-certing possible within 3 months of dedicated play, 5+ hrs/day
Old 2012-04-11, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
I don't see why longer is better. It really should be a couple weeks, max. This isn't EVE Online or some MMORPG game. This is a shooter. An MMO shooter. We should be able to level a class very quickly so we can be as useful as we can, quickly.

"Sorry boss, can't rez. I only have 3 months in as medic" is stupid.
A couple of weeks. No... A couple of months say 6 to 8 months yes. You need to have a reason for people to play for longer than a couple of weeks. If it takes you a year at most to unlock everything I am fine with it.

Old 2012-04-11, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I don't think the tree is going to allow people to get every possible cert even if you had 10 years of playing. Instead you will likely be faced with having to choose possible paths on the tree. Like you have to possible certs to choose from in the next bracket. Yet, you can only take one and once its trained you cannot go back to train the other.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I don't think the tree is going to allow people to get every possible cert even if you had 10 years of playing. Instead you will likely be faced with having to choose possible paths on the tree. Like you have to possible certs to choose from in the next bracket. Yet, you can only take one and once its trained you cannot go back to train the other.
That isn't my take on it. From what's been said I think it's more likely that you'll be able to unlock all abilities in all classes but because you can only play one class at a time so need to choose a class to suit the situation.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I was talking with Higby about this at the Curse party. I think he said that it isn't going to possible to get every cert even given enough time. Then again I was a few beers in, so I may not remember everything exactly lol.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mechzz
Major

I was talking with Higby about this at the Curse party. I think he said that it isn't going to possible to get every cert even given enough time. Then again I was a few beers in, so I may not remember everything exactly lol.
oh, ok! your info is probably better than mine then! I was going off a half-remembered comment from one of the earlier interviews where he said it would take months to get all the unlocks. That, and the presumed similarity with BF where you can unlock everything by putting in the hours.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I remember something similar to that but I think it was that given enough time you can unlock every certification, but you can't learn every single certification. I'm sure there's an interview somewhere with the quote in some form.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion