Creative/Odd Mods for Vehicles - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pioneers in the field of spam
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-21, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Re: Creative/Odd Mods for Vehicles

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Originally Posted by RNFB
Scythe swarm buddies - launch a bunch of miniature Scythes that seek out and attack enemies automatically, replaces main gun
I can't tell if you are serious about that idea lol but that reminds me of the Scrin from Command and Conquer 3. The Scythe already looks like a Scrin vehicle.

That, or the Protoss Carrier from Starcraft, shooting out interceptors.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I am pretty sure they are doing something like this already. Maybe not to the extent you were talking but I sure hope it happens
Oh, I know they are doing something similar, probably like they did with variants in PS1, didn't they have a mortar on it at some point? In any case, I'm talking raw machine gun power, something to take out more of aircraft and flak the ground with than outright anti everything mortar fire. I'm just a nut for this sort of thing is all.
Old 2012-04-22, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Thumbs down Re: Creative/Odd Mods for Vehicles

Smart Guidance: Lock on weapons will not be detered by flares or other distracting devices. Reduces damage of the weapon. (If there are such flare like mechanics)

Pulse Marker: Marks a target making it visibley noticeable for all nearby allies with specific gear by highlighting it. Allied lock on weapons will lock onto the target quicker. Allies that benifit IE see the marker are, Infantry with Heavy Armor. Medium Infantry with Advance Communication Equipment. All vehicles minus ATV's. Pulse Marker replaces secondary weapon. All EMP disables remove ally ability to see Marked Target. (This is similar to laser pointing a spot for flails in PS1 where it shows the target but actually highlights on your HUD.

Tank Drone: Launches 1 hovering drone that remains immobile. The Drone will fire duel beamers at nearby enemies. This uses a Utility Slot. Only accessable to few Vanu Vehicles.

Shell Management Unit: Allows vehicle to carry multiple shell types and the ability to switch between shells. Shell transfer takes short duration. Such shell examples are normal, incendiary rounds, or smoke shells which when on contact creates a large smoke screen on firing location. This uses a Utility slot.

Infantry Armor: When activated two flaps on the sides of the vehicle fold out creating a small barricade 1 person high like armor for infantry to walk behind. They are attached to the vehicle. This uses a Utility slot. Vehicle has reduced speed why Armor is extended and have increased vulnerability to his sides. (Might have explained this poorly. Basically two wings fold out of said tank and look liked someone welded makeshift barricades to the side of the vehicle. Infantry can hide behind these and walk with the tank.)

Also there are alot of ideas in 40k universe that could in concept be applied to PS2. Alot of Tau tech would fit the Vanu.
Old 2012-04-22, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

EURO NCAP 5* bumpers (or at least cushioned front bumpers) to spare your fellow squishees when they throw their bodies infront of your veichle.
Old 2012-04-22, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
XPquant
Sergeant

Sure would love to see some leadership/logistics based modules.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Zekeen
Major

Yeah it would be nice if some mods had things like target lasers and markers. I don't know what some good leadership mods would be like though. Anyone got any leadership mod ideas?
Old 2012-04-23, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Toppopia
Major

Morale Booster: Friendly units in a certain area get a rate of fire buff and survivability buff, or maybe only rate of fire.

I thought of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, where the Imperial Guard gets the Commissar who kills a soldier and then everyone gets a morale boost and fire of rate boost. But maybe take away the killing part, i would hate to be picked as that guy.

Or that could add a new realm of gameplay, whoever performs the worst will be executed to make everyone better, so everyone will want to fight better incase they get chosen to die.

Last edited by Toppopia; 2012-04-23 at 12:26 AM.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zekeen
Major

You really can't boost rate of fire in an FPS like that. Any type of morale boost in a game like this would be some sort of extra HP for a time period or faster speed. All RoF is dependant on the gun.

I'm sure, some outfit, somewhere out there, is going to start executing bad members though
Old 2012-04-23, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
You really can't boost rate of fire in an FPS like that. Any type of morale boost in a game like this would be some sort of extra HP for a time period or faster speed. All RoF is dependant on the gun.

I'm sure, some outfit, somewhere out there, is going to start executing bad members though
Not just the bad ones...
Old 2012-04-23, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Maybe boosting accuracy sounds less overpowered since that can be controlled by the soldier. (To an extent)
Old 2012-04-23, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

On a side note, I wonder if the upgrade/sidegrade slots of our vehicles will alter the cost of spawning them?
Old 2012-04-24, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Toppopia
Major

From what i have read/seen it does make them cost more, this is from people talking on other threads so maybe i am wrong.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Clipsterman
Private

How about mods for the sunderer so it isn't only transport:

Artillery: The sunderer gets an artillery gun that needs to be setup. Balancing as discussed in: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=37108

Mortar: Similar to artillery but with much shorter range and doesn't need setup.

Quad cannon: Giant machine gun suited for either anti-air or anti-infantry along the likes of the unit from "command and conquer generals".

Anti-tank cannon: Like the quad cannon but meant for tanks and sunderers.

It may be hard to balance some of these but i think they could be really cool.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
nteger
Private

Originally Posted by Clipsterman View Post
How about mods for the sunderer so it isn't only transport:

Artillery: The sunderer gets an artillery gun that needs to be setup. Balancing as discussed in: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=37108

Mortar: Similar to artillery but with much shorter range and doesn't need setup.

Quad cannon: Giant machine gun suited for either anti-air or anti-infantry along the likes of the unit from "command and conquer generals".

Anti-tank cannon: Like the quad cannon but meant for tanks and sunderers.

It may be hard to balance some of these but i think they could be really cool.
+
Old 2012-06-07, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Malorn has some great ideas, and as for the OP there might be something to consider regarding role recognition. It looks like the different turrets on tanks and the like will actually have different models depending on the weapon. I don't know HOW different, but there is potential for it to be radically different. An anti air weapon mounted on the vanguard could very well be a huge missile pod. Speculation of course, but this is what it looks like based on the customization footage.

That would help alleviate your worries about recognizing the roles of vehicles on the battlefield.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion