Alert Thoughts - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Keep out of reach of children
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2015-04-22, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Darthjackn
Private

Post Alert Thoughts

https://youtu.be/OWDdHAQjOQA

Hey guys Darth here and I just wanted to share my thoughts on alerts in this video!
Old 2015-04-23, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Darthjackn
Private

Re: Alert Thoughts

Any suggestions on what I should do for a future video?
Old 2015-04-24, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

I'm not sure that anyone that read this forum really plays anymore. Most like me have given their opinions on gameplay as requested since before launch without much effect and now we just have no expectations that anything will change for the better.

Sorry.
Old 2015-04-24, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Darthjackn
Private

No problem man! Thanks for the info though!
Old 2015-04-27, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Darthjackn View Post
Any suggestions on what I should do for a future video?
You should make one about Redeployside, Resource or Base benefits. I like the fact that several days, ago, there were about a dozen threads on Redeployside on Reddit. These new players finally are realizing what we've been complaining almost a year and a half ago. And still it's not even on their Wishlist! And just by luck, they've added a new spawn rule to lattice connections.

About your points on the video:
1) Yes. Locking continents after an alert is plain stupid. It stops the flow of combat and meta behaviors like mass galaxy crashing on enemy warpgates after alerts (search YouTube, you'll see). They could have implemented Air Supply Drops (http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55841 ) after alerts, like I've suggested. Instead, H1Z1 got it. And I posted that about year even before H1z1 was announced.

2) The reason why they discontinued the Global Facility Alerts is because they want to localize the fight into one continent where people queue, making membership more valuable. The downside is, Global Facility Alerts is what pretty much everyone wants. When there's an alert, I have two fingers crossed that it would be cross-continent. Not only it is competitive. If one dominates to too much, it gets double teamed. It's exciting and unpredictable.

PS2 devs didn't play their own game, that's why callously implemented both.
Old 2015-04-29, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Darthjackn
Private

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
You should make one about Redeployside, Resource or Base benefits. I like the fact that several days, ago, there were about a dozen threads on Redeployside on Reddit. These new players finally are realizing what we've been complaining almost a year and a half ago. And still it's not even on their Wishlist! And just by luck, they've added a new spawn rule to lattice connections.

About your points on the video:
1) Yes. Locking continents after an alert is plain stupid. It stops the flow of combat and meta behaviors like mass galaxy crashing on enemy warpgates after alerts (search YouTube, you'll see). They could have implemented Air Supply Drops (http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55841 ) after alerts, like I've suggested. Instead, H1Z1 got it. And I posted that about year even before H1z1 was announced.

2) The reason why they discontinued the Global Facility Alerts is because they want to localize the fight into one continent where people queue, making membership more valuable. The downside is, Global Facility Alerts is what pretty much everyone wants. When there's an alert, I have two fingers crossed that it would be cross-continent. Not only it is competitive. If one dominates to too much, it gets double teamed. It's exciting and unpredictable.

PS2 devs didn't play their own game, that's why callously implemented both.
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 2015-05-01, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mordelicius
Major

Yw. According to the PS2 stream vod yesterday, they are prototyping something big, but they aren't ready to announce it just yet.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion