Fireworks for the Cash Shop - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: aka hoochies r us.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-05, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Fireworks for the Cash Shop

Watching the 4th of July fireworks, it got me thinking about fireworks in Planetside.

In the first Planetside, the VS will generally shoot glowing pixie gunfire in the sky to create a fireworks style effect when a base is captured. Why not give some version of that celebration ability to all three empires, the same way that everyone will have access to some form of jump jets this time around instead of just the VS.

Since fireworks would be entirely cosmetic, it would make perfect sense to make them be a cash shop only item. The devs could still give away a few free fireworks to each player for specific events if they wanted to, but I think a lot of us would want to use them after any difficult base capture, so they could be a decent source of income.

Free players wouldn't have to be left entirely out of the celebratory atmosphere either. There will still be things like flares and stuff to contribute without paying a cent.

And to all the VS players, it's not like we would be losing anything. We still have a lot more awesome shiny weapons fire than the other sides, and purple and teal are the best firework colors anyways.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dookie
Private

Re: Fireworks for the Cash Shop

You know what. I would buy a few if they were cheap. They would be fun to play with assuming that they make different kinds of fire works.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Free players wouldn't have to be left entirely out of the celebratory atmosphere either. There will still be things like flares and stuff to contribute without paying a cent
Free sparklers to everyone in area when paid fireworks are used!

Don't see why they wouldn't put fireworks in the game... Great source of income if you sell them. Go big and make all kinds of varieties with diff. prices too while your at it...

If they want to get fancy, get a creative artist to make some futuristic-like fireworks! And make some empire-specific ones too!

Last edited by Crator; 2012-07-05 at 07:36 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

I can see it now:

The VS Fireworks:

The NC Fireworks:

The TR Fireworks:

Old 2012-07-06, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

actually i like this idea as well. when i played ffxi you could buy them or craft them and use them after doing something awesome in game. would be a cool concept at times.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The NC used to celebrate with an OS of a friendly AMS.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I could see PS2 making quite a bit of money with fireworks, without too ridiculously huge an amount of development time. They've already probably got some of the necessary elements in place with stuff like the flak guns. Once they got a basic fireworks system in place, it would probably be even easier to make new looking fireworks than it would be to make new skins. Fireworks would be multi-purchase consumeables as well, instead of one time purchases like skins or weapons. Consumeables are the bread and butter of the F2P business model, and this one has the added perk of being cosmetic as well.

I doubt they would even have to charge that much. Maybe the average fireworks would be like $1 for a pack of five, with some fireworks being more expensive than that and a few being even cheaper. I bet they could at least make a good $50 dollars a year off of the average paying customer with $1 dollar firework packs.

Just like with any cash shop item, some players wouldn't buy any, some would buy a few to use during extremely special events, and a few would buy shitloads to spam after every single victory of any kind.

They could do all sorts of varieties of sizes, looks, durations, etc. Maybe even do some that are launched from infantry, while others are deployed from vehicles, X-Wing style.

And if players use orbital strikes or other flashy in game effects to spice up a fireworks display, so much the better. Non exclusionary towards free players, while still being a fun additional option, as well as a source of income for the game. Seems pretty win win to me.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Now there is an idea! Fireworks could be a cash shop Flare Dispenser for vehicles
Old 2012-07-07, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dalmaska
Private

Misc Info

everytime you capture a location the fireworks blaze off like a celebration. then signaling the enemy to them ingenious
Old 2012-07-07, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Yasuo
Private

I highly approve of this idea lol.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault