Banned from Command Chat - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The best thing since sliced bread
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-09-13, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Banned from Command Chat

Originally Posted by Whoknowswhat1 View Post
Last night i replied to the ticket asking how long i was suspended for. i just recieved an email a minute ago saying the following

[insert SOE blah-blah stuff]

All TR CR-5's, be expecting a /t from me about bases that are hacked/ drained/ need help, because as much as i like the word "Consider" i know from experience that it has a high chance of not happening.
I strongly recommend contacting them in exactly one week, with that email. There's a thread in this board a few pages down about a guy that got busted for cheating, or something. I forget exactly what, I wanna say that's what it was. AnywayZ he got his suspension lifted.

Do that, and reply each time they contact you (making sure that your email contains, below your message, a chronological listing of their replies). Don't be abusive, vindictive or any of that emo neckbeard nerdrage horseshit. Don't be snotty, don't be trite. At worst take a neutral tone, at best take an apologetic and thankful tone. It never hurts to grease the wheel by adopting a submissive tone.

And let it be a lesson - A) don't break the rules, and B) safeguard your account from others (to address something you mentioned earlier). You're responsible for what goes on with your account. Maybe it wasn't you, maybe it was an asshole relative like a younger brother. But regardless, they were on your log-in which means it's your responsibility.
Old 2011-09-13, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Graywolves
General

He was trying to sell his account a few years ago, but yeah they lifted his perma-ban.
Old 2011-09-13, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Whoknowswhat1
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I strongly recommend contacting them in exactly one week, with that email. There's a thread in this board a few pages down about a guy that got busted for cheating, or something. I forget exactly what, I wanna say that's what it was. AnywayZ he got his suspension lifted.
I was planning on it +/- a few hours.

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Do that, and reply each time they contact you (making sure that your email contains, below your message, a chronological listing of their replies). Don't be abusive, vindictive or any of that emo neckbeard nerdrage horseshit. Don't be snotty, don't be trite. At worst take a neutral tone, at best take an apologetic and thankful tone. It never hurts to grease the wheel by adopting a submissive tone.
My P.H.D. in Ass-kissing should come in handy here

Thanks again for all the help. Your experience as a CSR has been an invaluable resource to help me to understand the recent events. (i told you... PHD)

Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Old 2011-09-13, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Whoknowswhat1 View Post
My P.H.D. in Ass-kissing should come in handy here

Thanks again for all the help. Your experience as a CSR has been an invaluable resource to help me to understand the recent events. (i told you... PHD)
Heh. I actually lol'd. It's not a bother at all - I don't necessarily agree with vulgarity/profanity punishment. I agree with having to follow policy, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. So what, you said shit or damn or hell. Big deal. The policy is dumb, and yes you got busted but I can certainly try and help you out by guiding you through the process. Now granted, I do not now nor have I ever worked for SOE so I really have zero idea what their policies may be, but there's a general similarity between most CS policies. And considering what an abusive cunt CSR-DanB/BREWKO was... anything I can do to help add positive karma is a necessary step.

PS (from his profile):
Friends BREWKO has not made any friends yet

EDIT:
HAHA I found BREWKO ON FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE+!!

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-09-13 at 10:24 AM.
Old 2011-09-13, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Killerobe
Private

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
He was trying to sell his account a few years ago, but yeah they lifted his perma-ban.
That was me...my advice is ask for an appeal forum and approach the whole situation with humility.
Old 2011-09-13, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Crator
Major General

The reason I think the policy shouldn't be enforced unless a lot of complaints come in is because of 1. You can add people to your ignore list and 2. There's something called a profanity filter.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2011-09-13, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
The reason I think the policy shouldn't be enforced unless a lot of complaints come in is because of 1. You can add people to your ignore list and 2. There's something called a profanity filter.

Just my 2 cents.
Again speaking strictly from a non-SOE CSR position... (caveat disclaimer: I did not work for SOE which may have different official policies blah blah blah) neither of those excuse vulgarity on the part of other features. Additionally, the ignore and filter commands are usually coded long after the player code of conduct, terms of service, and eula are drafted. Which means no thought is given to whether or not you can just yell f***ot, n***er, fuck shit damn or hell. Ignore can be circumvented, as can the filter. I can't tell you the number of people I've actioned for vulgarity in public channels who trot out that defense. Wanna know exactly how many had their punishment abated?

Zero.

And on more than one occasion in Planetside, the ignore feature has not blocked out ignored people's messages in /c or /g.

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-09-13 at 10:59 AM.
Old 2011-09-13, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Crator
Major General

Hmm, sounds like a broken feature that should have been fixed with sub. money.
Old 2011-09-13, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Hmm, sounds like a broken feature that should have been fixed with sub. money.
Quite possibly, but here's the thing: QA teams evaluate broken features on a tiered priority scale. What you deem as important may not be what they deem as important. Once they get to that particular item, they spend a fair amount of time investigating problems and determining whether or not they are broken, then they spend a fair amount of time figuring out how and why they are broken. Then they figure out a fix. Then they send it up to the devs to get fixed.

Then the devs go through the entire process wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum. If it's game-breaking it will get fixed fairly quickly depending on how bad it is and how quickly the players are vocally outraged (hint: ranting about it on gaming forums, especially unofficial ones, counts for only a little). If it's not game-breaking, like having blocked you because you're a foul-mouthed bigot and still seeing you in command chat, which I can turn off, that's low priority I'd imagine.

Regardless, none of that excuses one simple fact: vulgarity, profanity and obscenity are against the terms of service. Use it all you want, but be prepared for consequences if someone decides to report you or CSR-DanB happens to be playing Global Police.
Old 2011-09-13, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

GM-Chrol is the same GM that suspended me for 3 days for racist globals once.

However, I have respect for him because during the horrible hacking escapades that transpired for about 2 years he would always answer my appeals swiftly and band the hackers within a few minutes.

I agree that "thats amayzing" isn't very professional. They should always state exactly what you did. But perhaps what you did was so outrageous it didn't need an explanation.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-09-13, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

lolnvm

This JUST happened.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-09-13, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

so wait... profanity = perm silence
death threats = 1 week silence?

wat?
Old 2011-09-13, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea.. wait what?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-13, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

This is pretty awful, do they want to lose players?

They have not added 1 thing in YEARS to the game. It gets me fustrated every time I say that. They should at least changed the home conts for us every once in awhile. sighh
Old 2011-09-13, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Hamma
PSU Admin

That really has nothing to do with their policys.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion