What the f*ck is with the router exploits recently? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Durka Durka
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-11-21, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
jollytraveller
Private

What the f*ck is with the router exploits recently?

So, for the last 4 nights in a row me, my squad and in some cases the NC empire as a whole have been the victim of a router exploit at Interlinks.

This exploit has been around for ages and for those of you that don't know, you can essentially place a router pad somewhere outside on the roof of the base (not going to say where) which allows you to fall through the walls and floor to the gen level at which point the gen obviously gets destroyed.

I've seen this happen against a mere 20% NC and I've seen it done by both the VS and the TR in the last 4 nights. I've also seen some well know, supposedly responsible CR5's not just abusing this exploit time after time in full knowledge of what they are doing, but also more disappointingly actually setting up these pads themselves. I could name names, but what's the point?

It is blatant cheating and in my opinion the people that abuse this exploit are no better than script kiddies who have searched the internet for cheats and hacks.

Each and every one of you is utterly pathetic. Come take the base the real way like men rather than killing this game even faster than it is already dying.
Old 2011-11-21, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: What the f*ck is with the router exploits recently?

While I do not commend the use of this at all every empire abuses this. I cannot tell you how much I have seen some kind of router exploit used on Andvari or Jarl on Esamir.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Can't blame anyone for trying to end a boring stalemate at an interlink. I honestly don't care that badly considering the state the game is in.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-11-21, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
jollytraveller
Private

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Can't blame anyone for trying to end a boring stalemate at an interlink. I honestly don't care that badly considering the state the game is in.
Yes, you can blame them. It's cheating.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

The world is a sandbox, do whatever you can do within the confines of the game that any other person can do. ADAD strafing was a certain 'exploit' of netcode, but that was not labeled cheating, why should this... All is fair in love and war. If they can do it, you can do it. It's perfectly okay.
Old 2011-11-21, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If you can't bleat em, join em.

Old 2011-11-21, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
jollytraveller
Private

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
The world is a sandbox, do whatever you can do within the confines of the game that any other person can do. ADAD strafing was a certain 'exploit' of netcode, but that was not labeled cheating, why should this... All is fair in love and war. If they can do it, you can do it. It's perfectly okay.
Actually, I'm pretty sure you sign up to terms and conditions that state that it is not acceptable to take advantage of, or "exploit" bugs that were un-intended. I'm pretty sure this one ranks as un-intended, but it's nice to see the community expressing their support for suck lame ass tactics.

I can only assume people in favour of this type of thing are so horrible at the game they need to cheat to win.
Old 2011-11-21, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
The world is a sandbox, do whatever you can do within the confines of the game that any other person can do.
Not really a sandbox. Was never meant to be. Pretty sure you could be banned if caught by SOE according to the agreement you make when accepting the terms and conditions.... It's just that SOE doesn't police this game so nothing gets done about it. Or people just accept the exploit and don't worry about reporting it. Or, they don't even know about the exploit... Or, they saw the exploit happen but have no indicator of who actually performed the exploit. Not to mention, it isn't exactly self-explanatory on how to report another player for such abuses.... You have to leave the game and login to a website just to report someone for goodness sake... Utter fail on this part of the game SOE...

Last edited by Crator; 2011-11-22 at 11:11 AM.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by jollytraveller View Post
Yes, you can blame them. It's cheating.
It's exploiting, not cheating.

Old 2011-11-24, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Traak
Colonel

They should cheat using paid-for cheats instead of exploit using built-in exploits?

Just make gens inviolate. There. Problem solved. They never should have been vulnerable in the first place.
Old 2011-11-24, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crator
Major General

Not sure about taking gens out altogether... Would be nice if we had a way of defending it better. Perhaps Adv. Combat Engis could be given the ability to strengthen security of the gen room. Like make the door take longer to hack and install an alarm system for the gen room. When someone opens the doors of a gen room that has an alarm installed the bases lights strobe red with an audible voice saying the gen room has been breached. Perhaps booby traps could be installed too...

Last edited by Crator; 2011-11-24 at 10:37 AM.
Old 2011-11-24, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Or just remove the Router completely.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Or redesign bases to not be so god damn claustrophobic, making the max/special assault spam not so much a problem (hence the need for routers).

Old 2011-11-25, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Or redesign bases to not be so god damn claustrophobic, making the max/special assault spam not so much a problem (hence the need for routers).
Considering there's no new content and barely and devs, the same four events over and over, and the game is in maintenance mode, I'd say it's more likely that you'll get a start-to-finish blowjob from Mila Kunis.
Old 2011-11-25, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Considering there's no new content and barely and devs, the same four events over and over, and the game is in maintenance mode, I'd say it's more likely that you'll get a start-to-finish blowjob from Mila Kunis.
Same with any of the other suggestions made in this thread

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion