Time to kill (TTK) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where purple is ALWAYS in fashion
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-03, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Time to kill (TTK)

It's been so long since I last played planetside, so I can't remember the typical TTK in that game.

My gut instinct tells me that TTK is generally faster here, especially at close ranges, with all weapons.

Can anyone who still plays both comment on the average TTK difference with various infantry weapons and ranges?

Personally, fast TTK is a double-edged sword, good or bad depending on which end of the gun you're talking about. I personally prefer a slightly higher TTK, allowing time for maneuver and a riposte if you're quick enough, almost impossible here.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-11-03 at 01:50 PM.
Old 2012-11-03, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ritual
Banned

Re: Time to kill (TTK)

Last month in the developer interviews when TTK was a hot topic, Higby said we would most likely see a TTK increase for launch. Right now they just wanted to test weapons.

Who knows if that is true anymore because it feels so long ago.
Old 2012-11-03, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
Last month in the developer interviews when TTK was a hot topic, Higby said we would most likely see a TTK increase for launch. Right now they just wanted to test weapons.

Could you link the interview?
Old 2012-11-03, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ritual View Post

Oh I missed that. It's good news I think.

Here's some PS1 ttk data. I think it's slightly out of date in as much teh triple shot inst-gib for the JH was removed.

http://www.reocities.com/doaclandoa/weaponsttkrexo.html

One thing to mention is that ttk in ps1 felt uncertain, probably because of random hit detection issues.

Last edited by ringring; 2012-11-03 at 01:59 PM.
Old 2012-11-03, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bullet
First Sergeant

If its true they're going to increase TTK thats fine in my book. I don't know if its lag at or what, but I just get dropped so fast sometimes I don't even have any time to react.
Old 2012-11-03, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I like it. If you're dropping too fast, bring friends

Old 2012-11-03, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crator
Major General

I have not heard that news either. Is there any official link to where this was said? I wouldn't mind a bit higher TTK, to make engagements more interesting.
Old 2012-11-03, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dagron
Captain

I'd like it if the TTK went up a little, currently due to living so far from any server my reaction time is somewhat hindered... i think this might help me survive a little more.
Old 2012-11-03, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, they should add an average of maybe 0.5 seconds across the board. Maybe more, actually.

If they do up it, they need to maybe bump the ammo capacity a little, too, across the board. Not loaded rounds, but maybe a 10% boost to ammo carried.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
james
Sergeant Major

TTK is fine, when you throw massive scale battles, i think a longer ttk will create more issues than anything
Old 2012-11-03, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Drakkonan
Corporal

As much as everyone hated the incredibly high TTK in PS, that was one of my favorite parts of the game. Every time I spawned it felt significant. In this, and other newer FPS's you spawn just so you can die in half a second to spawn again.

People like to think a faster TTK rewards skill, but it generally sees the first shooter coming out with the kill. And while it sometimes takes tactical thinking to put yourself in situations where you're more likely to get the spot on someone before they see you, more often than not, it's luck. On the other hand, with a high TTK, even after you take a shot, assuming you've got good situational awareness, you'll have time to duck behind cover. The latter is far more skill-oriented.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SixShooter
Captain

Raise the TTK and everyone will bitch that the weapons don't do enough damage. It becomes an endless cycle just like we're currently seeing with AA.

Old 2012-11-04, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

this is like the fastest TTK you will see in an FPS game, PS1 was like the slowest.

TTK in this has been toned down as of todays patch though, 50% nerf to critical damage, aka: headshots.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-11-04, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sifer2
Major

Personally I would like higher TTK for two reasons:

1. Allows you to be more aggressive about attacking through these very open maps. Less camping always makes for a better game IMO.

2. Allows greater variety an meaningful differences in Anti-Infantry weapons. Right now I am having a hard time thinking of any new an interesting weapon types they could add to the game when I already have near laser accurate MG's that shred people dead in under a second. Seems like anything else would just be a downgrade. Such as the HA heavy weps they added recently. They basically all suck since default weapons do their job better already.
Old 2012-11-04, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Quite happy with the TTK as it is; feels about right.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion