Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-04, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
mbarrett
Banned

Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside

I was really looking forward to planetside 2 and all i can say after playing it and trying to enjoy it , I would like to ask one direct question directed at matt higby , why the bloodyhell did you and your team decide to make a sequel to planetside and remove everything that was good and worked well in the original game , nothing at all in planetside 2 feels like planetside , this is the lame reply to my question which i would expect , BF3 sold 10 million copies so lets copy it in every way hape and form , there is not enough conts , the squad/platoon should be displayed properly like in the original , the zerg seem to be zerging across the map like headless chickens and taking what ever they can , this game needs the command rank system back to control the fight better . i hope evryone goes back to the original planetside because even tho graphically it may be dated but i know what game i would rather play
Old 2013-01-04, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

You probably have a better chance at an answer by just asking him yourself here:
https://twitter.com/mhigby
Old 2013-01-04, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

LoL....TGIF I guess haha...
Old 2013-01-04, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
I was really looking forward to planetside 2 and all i can say after playing it and trying to enjoy it , I would like to ask one direct question directed at matt higby , why the bloodyhell did you and your team decide to make a sequel to planetside and remove everything that was good and worked well in the original game , nothing at all in planetside 2 feels like planetside , this is the lame reply to my question which i would expect , BF3 sold 10 million copies so lets copy it in every way hape and form , there is not enough conts , the squad/platoon should be displayed properly like in the original , the zerg seem to be zerging across the map like headless chickens and taking what ever they can , this game needs the command rank system back to control the fight better . i hope evryone goes back to the original planetside because even tho graphically it may be dated but i know what game i would rather play

As far as i heard Planetside 1 had also his Problems as it launched, as well Continents,...
However the Game makes very much things right, if you want Planetside 1 Play it.
I do not criticize you and i respect your Opinion in any Way.(Just want to make this clear)

Many things need some work on it, ...
I like and Enjoy the Game a lot but it misses important stuff.

The Thing is They Released it to Early , Everybody Said it, Soe did not care about it.(or they have a Problem with the Bank :P)
Old 2013-01-04, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
You probably have a better chance at an answer by just asking him yourself here:
https://twitter.com/mhigby
Can't put that in 150 characters, oh wait its all been asked before

Old 2013-01-04, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
mbarrett
Banned

I will send him a message via the link you sent , i think all us original planetside players should go back and play the original planetside in protest , to tell them what a shit game ps2 is , i hope this game goes titts up
Old 2013-01-04, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
mbarrett
Banned

the main problem with the game is that they have literally cloned bf3 and totally aborted everything which makes planetside .... planetside
Old 2013-01-04, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

I will send him a message via the link you sent , i think all us original planetside players should go back and play the original planetside in protest , to tell them what a shit game ps2 is , i hope this game goes titts up
People have already left the game in droves.
Higby will most likely ignore it, feel free to play Planetside if you wish.
Maybe you shoudl wait for Smedleys address later this month before crucifying the entire dev team.

Old 2013-01-04, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

Why? I love Planetside 2. Tons of things are better than PS1 and they are committed to improving and adding to the game for the next 5 years.

Sounds like you just wanted Planetside 1 with better graphics not a new game with a bigger picture and more room for improvement. Every time they added something to PS1 people cried that they ruined the game. Literally every time.

Accept PS2 for what it is not what PS1 was.

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!
Old 2013-01-04, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

People have already left the game in droves.
Higby will most likely ignore it, feel free to play Planetside if you wish.
Maybe you should wait for Smedleys address later this month before crucifying the entire dev team.

Old 2013-01-04, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
mbarrett
Banned

planetside was a good game which worked well , it was a good game , no where near perfect and yes it had its flaws like every game , if i wanted to play bf3 then i would just log into my origin account and play it rather then play planetside 2 which is literally the same game
Old 2013-01-04, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Double post da fuck. Apologies.
Also sony wanted to grab as many people as possible to start making money because a game in development is a game making no profit.
That is the only reasonable conclusion to launching it so early lacking depth of any description.

Last edited by LoliLoveFart; 2013-01-04 at 02:00 PM.
Old 2013-01-04, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

There are a lot of features currently absent with the form of PS2 out and available. Like others have suggested, it would be better to just relax and wait to see what they have to say later this month. The game should still be in beta, IMO, but we have to deal with what we have right now. And considering it is F2P, you could leave with relatively no consequences outside of no cert gains.
Old 2013-01-04, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Im totally in love with ps2. And yeah it has its issues, unlike a regular game this is going to change with updates and more content. But if I were you I would ragequit and never come back to the game or the forums again.
Old 2013-01-04, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
mbarrett
Banned

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Im totally in love with ps2. And yeah it has its issues, unlike a regular game this is going to change with updates and more content. But if I were you I would ragequit and never come back to the game or the forums again.
and why is that because i like to express my opinion about the game , if you don't like that then thats your fault not mine , deal with it !
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion