Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: BRICK TO THE FACE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-04, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Nolerhn
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
You probably have a better chance at an answer by just asking him yourself here:
https://twitter.com/mhigby
I'd also like to add that he would probably have a better chance at getting an answer if he would avoid coming out guns blazing like that. If I was a developer I certainly wouldn't respond to a question asked in such a way.
Old 2013-01-04, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
mbarrett
Banned

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

Originally Posted by Nolerhn View Post
I'd also like to add that he would probably have a better chance at getting an answer if he would avoid coming out guns blazing like that. If I was a developer I certainly wouldn't respond to a question asked in such a way.
I ask them a question and i ask it how i wan't , this game is a fucking joke to
the original planetside and it is a disgrace to such a great game that lasted nearly a decade , so yeah i will ask them what the fuck .....................
Old 2013-01-04, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

I can say I have asked the devs a handful of questions on twitter and they responded each time. Just yesterday T-Ray replied to me about when they are going to do the next command center (I think/hope there taking my idea about it being focused on the future) and when Smed is going to give us and update. T-Ray said both he and Higby won't be back to the office until Monday but they have no set date yet.
Old 2013-01-04, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
and why is that because i like to express my opinion about the game , if you don't like that then thats your fault not mine , deal with it !
I think it's good to post your opinion but I feel you might have done it a little wrong. (My Opinion)

Instead of calling it a joke why not spend the time to point out issues and offer resolutions to the problems you see, that way rather then reading the title and being immediately put off. People will read and perhaps help you in making planetside 2 a game you will enjoy.

I know this is an emotional topic because we all want this game to last and be a great game. The best thing we can do is take the time to take a breath and gather our thoughts and put them down. Hopefully others will see our concerns and help us. The great thing about this community is that the devs are as excited about the game as we are. I think they can listen to reason and great ideas. We play the game constantly we see things they might not have. We try new things consistently in the game that the devs might not have thought possible in development and that could be for the better or the worse. They need our constructive feedback to make this game better.
Old 2013-01-04, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ironside
Corporal

you just have to look at everything the dev team have said right from the beginning up to present to know this game was never gonna build on the great elements of ps1.

They have tried to create a broad market fps shooter to cater for all but they are failing on so many levels, this forum and the official forums are littered with discontent and moaning at poor metagame, optimisation, render distance, base/tower design, flow of battle, lack of introduction for new players, sancs, vr, cont locks etc etc etc.

Why was beta so short? why push for the november release? Everyone knew the game wasn't ready and the reply we got from smedley was "it's free to play, if you don't like it come back in 6 months" totally wrong approach to the game and and playerbase, from that moment it confirmed what i'd thought for a while that smedley was an idiot.

Free to play shouldn't be used as an excuse for basic elements missing from the game, i've listed some, others have listed more.
Look at the shop, their moneymaker, you cant even view camo's, helms, armour etc on models, basic things you'd expect them to have in a game.

This develpment team are not worthy of the planetside name or the fan/playerbase and another gripe, Devs stop using fucking twitter and actually communicate with use through the forums

Last edited by Ironside; 2013-01-04 at 03:45 PM.
Old 2013-01-04, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

The reason why I posted the link was not to get someone to direct or vent at a dev but to point out that they are not mythical gods which no one can ever see or speak to. The developers actually are accessible to fans and generally, from everything I've seen, are very friendly and responsive.

If you just communicate to them by remaining calm and respectful you have more success at getting your point across. If they decide to do something, well... it is outside of your control even if it is for or against your point of view.
Old 2013-01-04, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Legolas
Private

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
If you just communicate to them by remaining calm and respectful you have more success at getting your point across.
In the grim darkness of forumside there is only... WAAAAR.
Old 2013-01-04, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I've had great success in starting dialogs by not starting the conversation like a giant twat. I reserve the right to be a giant twat later, of course.
Old 2013-01-04, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Legolas View Post

Old 2013-01-04, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
Pretty much, lol. Also, I like your sig
Old 2013-01-04, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Sometimes I wish all forums had a Hissy Fit section, so it could all go in one place (and I could ignore it).

Especially when it comes to people who just discovered there's things in the world that have the audacity to exist even though they don't personally like them.
Old 2013-01-04, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
Sometimes I wish all forums had a Hissy Fit section, so it could all go in one place (and I could ignore it).

Especially when it comes to people who just discovered there's things in the world that have the audacity to exist even though they don't personally like them.
The internet is everyones personal
Don't you know

Old 2013-01-04, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Meecrob
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Im totally in love with ps2. And yeah it has its issues, unlike a regular game this is going to change with updates and more content. But if I were you I would ragequit and never come back to the game or the forums again.
Bump for good advice.
Old 2013-01-04, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rago View Post
As far as i heard Planetside 1 had also his Problems as it launched, as well Continents,...
However the Game makes very much things right, if you want Planetside 1 Play it.
I do not criticize you and i respect your Opinion in any Way.(Just want to make this clear)

Many things need some work on it, ...
I like and Enjoy the Game a lot but it misses important stuff.

The Thing is They Released it to Early , Everybody Said it, Soe did not care about it.(or they have a Problem with the Bank :P)
It was the bank. Sony is in debt up its ass and they really needed money
Old 2013-01-04, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rolfski
Major

And another, completely redundant , beaten to death, "why is PS2 not PS1.5" whine . At least get your punctuations right so people can understand what you're saying.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-01-04 at 09:35 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion