Planetside 2 Discussion Negativity. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Power Supply Unit?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-08, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Planetside 2 Discussion Negativity.

I stand by my decision to post it. I did it for a reason.. and so far it's been going as intend. It's almost the same theme to everyone who has quit. I did it for me and for the devs.. one thread isn't going to turn people away from this community and if it does they probably don't really want to be here anyway.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-08, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Although I have no doubt it was done with the best intentions, Hamma's thread was giving a very negative signal from this community, giving the idea that this game was broken beyond repair and people were massively leaving this game.
Broken beyond repair, or just in time to ring some alarm bells?
Old 2013-01-08, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

You know what, I think the only thing of any importance that all the tens/hundreds of thousands of posts/ideas/suggestions on PSU and throughout Tech-test, closed beta, open beta and up to release was getting a ground based AMS in game (an idea which the Devs fucking hated btw). Everything else they (the devs) did was tinkering with what they had already decided on from the very start.

So please, stop saying provide 'constructive criticism' they did nothing with the mountains of ideas over the past 6months/year, including basic/fundamental shit that would have un-fucked large problems with the game right now.

I'm pretty sure most 'bitter vets' don't give a flying fuck anymore, SOE never did.

Last edited by Bobby Shaftoe; 2013-01-08 at 09:44 AM.
Old 2013-01-08, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
courtkneeb
Private

Originally Posted by sneeek View Post
Speaking as somebody who plays a moderate amount (about 3.5 days total, since launch), I don't really see how the game is "shit" or "broken". It needs improvements in certain areas, but I'm enjoying myself in-game.
I agree and am coming from the same perspective as a casual player. There are a few bugs that drive me absolutely insane but they wouldn't stop me from playing. I can see how they can lead to intense frustration, especially if you are constantly logged in. If a thread needs to exist to vent these frustrations and circle jerk each other I don't see the harm. The nonconstructive negativity just can't overflow into all areas of the forum.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Let's all pretend this game is perfect and sweep the problems under the rug.

That's what you want isn't it OP, amirite?
Old 2013-01-08, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Hammas thread itself was good and served an obvious real purpose.

But yes to a degree some people took sign that it was time for a mob mentality bitching and whining assault. But I think that is unavoidable as those people are really just looking for an excuse to act that way. So we should limit good topics because of them.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I stand by my decision to post it. I did it for a reason.. and so far it's been going as intend. It's almost the same theme to everyone who has quit. I did it for me and for the devs.. one thread isn't going to turn people away from this community and if it does they probably don't really want to be here anyway.
Sorry but I'm still having a really hard time figuring out what the point of this "Who has quit" thread is. You already made an excellent topic and video addressing the issues that got lots of response, why another one?

It's beating a dead horse, really. Besides that, if you want to make an "analysis" or "representative snapshot of the state of the game" this is really the worst way to do it. At least you should do a neutral poll and even then we all know that happy players are always underrepresented at these forums.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
PredatorFour
Major

Sorry but I'm still having a really hard time figuring out what the point of this "Who has quit" thread is.
Don't bother thinking about it then. Everyone else can see why its relevant.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Deadeye
Sergeant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Let's all pretend this game is perfect and sweep the problems under the rug.

That's what you want isn't it OP, amirite?
Yeah, because the only way the "truth" is going to get out is because the first three pages of this forum are chock full of threads about how "broken" the game is.

Hamma, you want to help the devs? Then, with all due respect, posting a "Who quit?" thread did not help anyone.

Instead, I suggest you post a sticky thread that lists straight down all the major complaints of the community and as things are fixed or new issues pop up then modify the list.

These complaint threads are sounding like broken records. Even the so called "constructive" ones keep mentioning the same damn things. We don't need 10,000 threads about how indefensible bases are or 9000 threads about the supposed lack of a meta game (whatever the hell the "meta game" is supposed to be).

By this point everything one can complain about has been complained about. How about we shift back to actual gameplay? What's the best way to attack a scythe as a Reaver? Or teach people the shoot-and-scoot tactic for tanks. Or what's the most efficient path to conquer Amerish?

If you still insist on complaining, there has to be a thread some thread that already has your complaints. Go post in that one and reduce the clutter.

Last edited by Deadeye; 2013-01-10 at 08:38 AM.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Rolfski
Major

+1 on Deadeye
The ridiculous repetition of the same complaints over and over again is giving this forum a higher broken-record level compared to the other ones.
It would love to read more threads here about pure game play without every time seeing it derailing into a rant about what SOE has done wrong.

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Don't bother thinking about it then. Everyone else can see why its relevant.
Good to have our mighty Lord here on this forum, the man who represents "everyone"
Old 2013-01-10, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Brutal Magikarp View Post
Shouldn't we just have a separate forum for complains relating to the game?

All the negativity in this forum really sets such a horrible mood on this site.
If the game even remotely lived up to its name 70% of the negativity would evaporate.

Besides this is quite civil and constructive compared to 2003/2004 forumside

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
PredatorFour
Major

Good to have our mighty Lord here on this forum, the man who represents "everyone"
The people have spoken and are speaking. You can moan everyday about criticism on this forum but you have to understand there is a reason behind it.
Old 2013-01-10, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
The people have spoken and are speaking. You can moan everyday about criticism on this forum but you have to understand there is a reason behind it.
I don't mind constructive criticism but you have to understand that there is a limit on how many times you can repeat the same complaints over and over again before it turns into a bitter whining spiral of negativity that deteriorates the spirit of this whole community.
Old 2013-01-10, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I am well aware that my posts both here and on the official forums have turned more negative in tune, probably starting from a month back or so.

My posts for over a year here and since beta on the official forums weren't that negative at all. Just a mixture of excitement and concerns. But that was all during beta so I wasn't too worried.

But since the game's release with some pretty massive flaws, and the subsequent month with no game updates or developer communication while the hackers and exploiters came in force and server populations dwindled... SOE set themselves up for a very challenging January.

I very much appreciate the SOE devs and all of their hard efforts. I've been watching their streams lately more than I spend time playing.

But if I sound like a negative bastard, don't think that I never gave this game a chance. I certainly did, and I still am.

I guess I need a new mantra to chant in the shower every morning: "I will have a positively charged day. I will have a positively charged day. I will have a positively charged day".
Old 2013-01-10, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Doesn't matter what patches come out, if they don't balance VS and TR against NC soon, who's going to bother playing NC? VS guns > TR guns > NC guns and VS vehicles > TR vehicles > NC vehicles . The NC just suck balls.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion