Banned Account for Hacking? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who wants to see my "Lan Cable"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2009-06-24, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bigpappa

Angry Banned Account for Hacking?

So, I reinstalled PS on my computer last weekend after 2 years. When I tried to log in, it said my account was Banned! When I talked to SOE they said that I was using trial accounts to hack in March of this year. I was like WTF! I have been away to Military training, and boot camp for the past 2 years. I just got my computer back 3 weeks ago. How in the hell was I hacking!! I'm not even that smart to hack. Why would I hack? I hate hackers, they ruin games! I have been talking to SOE for the past week, and they said that there is nothing they can do.. I was hacking.. I said "Hold up, How was I hacking w/o a computer. My account has been inactive for 2 years". They siad that someone.. they dont know who.. it could of been me.. was using my e-mail address to create trial accounts and hacking. If I was hacking why would I use my own E-mail address? I might not be all that smart, but I do know that they can trace e-mails. If I was hacking, I would use a different e-mail other then my own. SOE is offically queer.
Old 2009-06-25, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Banned Account for Hacking?

I didn't know they would let you reuse the same email address.

Old 2009-08-29, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ait'al
Contributor
General

you'd think that would be obvious to them that it was someone hijacking your email to do it. That's the first thing that comes to mind reading it. They should be intelligent enough to see if you are not the victim. That used to be pretty darn commonly understood. Maybe they need to better educate their employees.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Traak
Colonel

Especially since they could randomly use your email and not even need a confirmation email to play. I just kept stacking up trial accounts doing that because I was too poor to buy a real one.

I made up some dumb random email address, knowing no human being was going to ever check it, and they didn't. [email protected], or whatever ad infinitum.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion