Old Planetside Sketches/Ideas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Quotes" book coming soon.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2009-11-01, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kumoblade
Corporal

Old Planetside Sketches/Ideas

I did these sketches when Core Combat was Announced. These are 2 of the 7-8 I've made.

I had ideas that, of course, never went into fruitation from Devs =P. I wanted to see more Faction Specific vehicles. i lost my other sketches unfortunately. Here's a run down of the ideas I had. The big ones I had were Fast Assault vehicles used for hit and run tactics with nitro/Thrusters. 1 man operated, required Scout and ATV cert to use.

New Conglomerate - Fast Assault Reverse-Wheeled Trike. (Big Wheel in the back, 2 wheels up front) good Handling, more heavily armored than the other 2 fast assault vehicles. Slowest of the 3 (but still fast). Had Dual Heavy Gauss Rifles.

The picture I drew looked Eerily similar to the Can-Am Spyder which was released some years later o_O. except the back wheel was bigger and it was heavier all around.
http://images.loqu.com/contents/358/...-vehicle/2.jpg

Terran Republic - Chimera Fast Assault Cycle - Decent Handling - Decent Armor - Fastest of the 3 Fast Assault vehicles. A big engine Crotch Rocket with Dual Front mounted 35mm Chain guns.

Heres the ones I do have, however.

This was the Fin Fast Assault Grav-Bike. Best handling, Decent speed and Lowest armor.

i sketched it while working the Register in a video store at the time. Being a better artist than I was then, I should probably dust off the Wacom and redesign all these ideas and submit for Planetside Next.

This was my Idea of an Ancient Tech Aircraft, the Glaive. I liked the Idea of it being an Anti-Aircraft/Anti Vehicle Interceptor that Fired Bolts of lightning at the target upon lockon. Because.. Seriously, who's going to outrun lightning?

Alas, there was no Ancient-Tech Aircraft made.

Anyways, I hope you like the pictures. They're very old, and some are very bad. (Second Glaive pic especially)

I might end up redesigning them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion