News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What a cute little beamer you have there.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-18, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
Toppopia
Major

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
DEVS please make the jumpjets hackable by cloakers! would be fun to turn them around, causing the unsuspecting defenders to launch themselfes into the wrong direction, right into a minefield or the enemy.
But isn't that what the portable EMP is for? To fry there jetpacks so random things happen? And i know there isn't a portable EMP in this game, then my response is

"WHY NOT!!!"
Old 2012-05-18, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
The footage looked fantastic, but that continent is really small. He flew from being close to one of the warp gates to being close to another one of the wrap gates in less than a minute. You might need to add 15 seconds or so for an actual gate to gate flight, but that still seems like a tiny continent.
notsureifserious.jpg
Old 2012-05-18, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #198
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Not sure I care about one soldier being able to C4 a tank in one shot. Especially since no 3rd person on ground vehicles. Other than that, the game looks great for this phase of it's existence.
Yea that was a WTF moment for me as well, one-shotting an MBT with C4 is a terrible idea.

Nothing should be able to one shot an MBT with full armour except for a direct OS hit.

Aside from that the footage was amazing, and i think you guys are doing a great job!

Last edited by Shamrock; 2012-05-18 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2012-05-18, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #199
Athanasios
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
You expected a 90 minute video? It has to be organised, edited, commentated and encoded. It's going to take time

Last edited by Athanasios; 2012-05-18 at 04:44 AM.
Old 2012-05-18, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
cellinaire
Captain

The footage looked fantastic, but that continent is really small. He flew from being close to one of the warp gates to being close to another one of the wrap gates in less than a minute. You might need to add 15 seconds or so for an actual gate to gate flight, but that still seems like a tiny continent.
Sorry, but the "why the continent looks so small. Looks smaller than PS1's continents" debate need to end. What's wrong with your measurement?

Oh well..... really small? Serious? I've personally played games like Just Cause2 and Dark and Light(yeah, that 40,000㎢ mmo years ago), but I'm rather satisfied with the continent size here. (of course, just wish they're a bit bigger, though)

I mean come on, you know that they designed every single area of every continents to make firm balance between empires.

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-05-18 at 04:49 AM.
Old 2012-05-18, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Great Job TotalBiscuit. Nice work - More please.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-05-18, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Toppopia
Major

I don't remember him flying to 2 warp gates, i only remember seeing 1 gate then a base nearby, so what time is the second warp gate at so i can see it?
Old 2012-05-18, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
MadPenguin
Sergeant

Anyone else have a problem that when you maximise this vid on youtube, the screen just stays blank? I have this problem on a few youtube videos actually, anyone know how I can fix it?

Great video btw.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
Figment
Lieutenant General

Total views as of right now: 132,5K

That's probably more people that heard of PS now than in the entire marketing history of SOE for PS1.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-05-18 at 06:05 AM.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #205
Mod
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Edit: Yup. Took a look and it flips briefly to 3rd person. And gave him an overpowering advantage 'cos he saw the lightning round the corner.
Well, not really overpowering as if you see from some seconds before that, the lightning appears on the mini-map anyway so you would already have known it was there before hopping back into the Mag.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #206
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Mod View Post
Well, not really overpowering as if you see from some seconds before that, the lightning appears on the mini-map anyway so you would already have known it was there before hopping back into the Mag.
sorry, should have added
/mild sarcasm

to be clearer
Old 2012-05-18, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #207
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
... and later he hops into a mag with the same guy he just blew up

(also, for those keeping score - 3 clegg kills)
You can never have enough Clegg kills. Dirty NC!

But good to see that even TB, given he is TR scum, shares the hatred for the NC.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #208
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Air combat looks like it'll be fairly terrible. Stopping and turning on almost on a dime is something I hoped we'd left behind in PS1. Dogfighting will be just as boring as it was in PS1 if they don't do a serious overhaul. It hurts my brain imagining someone seeing the Planetside 1 aircraft mechanics and going "we need to do that again".

Everything dies really quickly. Too quickly. Tanks must die in seconds in larger fights. Infantry die so quickly I wonder why the revive mechanism isn't simply rolled into the engineer class and the medic done away with. I guess this stuff'll might change but who knows.

Night looks good. Everything looks good really. Dark enough to be atmospheric, not so dark you can't see anything.

Etc etc. Whatever. Looks good overall, hopefully the iffy stuff gets changed by this fall or winter when beta is ready for play.
Old 2012-05-18, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #209
ArbitraryDemise
Corporal

did anybody else notice that TB kept on calling a lightning a vanguard?
Old 2012-05-18, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

DEVS please make the jumpjets hackable by cloakers! would be fun to turn them around, causing the unsuspecting defenders to launch themselfes into the wrong direction, right into a minefield or the enemy.
narf.
just noticed my error.. i´m talking about the jump PADS not the personal jumpjets. make the pads hackable so we can change the direction they are shooting the players to. the more options for sabotage, the better!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-05-18 at 09:41 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion