PS going FTP - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Deploying Sonic Booms since 1999
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-01-29, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Re: PS going FTP

Whatever happened the Radant's video of PS1 with that EVE online music or whatever music was nicked from EVE's massive promo?

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-01-30, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
planet side fan
Private

this video makes me proud to be a NC smurf
Old 2014-01-30, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
Whatever happened the Radant's video of PS1 with that EVE online music or whatever music was nicked from EVE's massive promo?
Here you go:

The uploader is different so some of the quality is lost, I believe the original video got shut down for the music it used.
Old 2014-01-30, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by planet side fan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7HtBi1zmVY this video makes me proud to be a NC smurf
I can't believe we traded that for the rubbish that is PS2.
Old 2014-01-30, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

To help spread the word, it would be worth it to visit this link. It contains descriptions of old PlanetSide outfits, some of the pages link to their websites. If no link to their website is given, some of the outfits can be googled and their websites found that way. Many of the outfits have disbanded as well, but there is a good chunk of active forums and groups that can be reached. If I don't see posts on all these available forums leading up to April, I'll do it myself, but I'm too busy at the moment to dedicate time to this (college n' stuff).

http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/...?title=Outfits
Old 2014-01-30, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
planet side fan
Private

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqPDz...ature=youtu.be first part of my planetside 1 tutorial video. please leave any comments on how i could improve this
Old 2014-02-21, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
bodypopper
Corporal

how about make HA/SA a small fee? that would be good business,and i'd pay....

what do you say mr S ?

it'd pay for the servers considering the amount of vets who love the game,plus multiple ingame adverts;again i wouldnt object and i doubt you lot on here would either.

im thinking big blade runner zeppelins around auraxis?
Old 2014-02-22, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by bodypopper View Post
how about make HA/SA a small fee? that would be good business,and i'd pay....

what do you say mr S ?

it'd pay for the servers considering the amount of vets who love the game,plus multiple ingame adverts;again i wouldnt object and i doubt you lot on here would either.

im thinking big blade runner zeppelins around auraxis?
Aside from this being an incredibly awful idea, SOE said that there would be no further development on Planetside 1.
Old 2014-02-27, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
bodypopper
Corporal

sorry to say bud but a corporation like SOE is there to make money..

stuff doesnt come for free.even the ps1 servers with their tiny load will cost SOE money.

no money=no servers,very simple capitalism.

so the more people+cash Ps1 generates the longer it can live,and thats all i want.

im not being nasty with you,honestly;youre a fellow ps1 player so you must see where im coming from,but this is the way a company has to think.
Old 2014-02-27, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bodypopper View Post
sorry to say bud but a corporation like SOE is there to make money..

stuff doesnt come for free.even the ps1 servers with their tiny load will cost SOE money.

no money=no servers,very simple capitalism.

so the more people+cash Ps1 generates the longer it can live,and thats all i want.

im not being nasty with you,honestly;youre a fellow ps1 player so you must see where im coming from,but this is the way a company has to think.
The money SOE would need to spend to set up a micro-transactions system, or to drum up interest in advertising, would almost certainly surpass any minuscule returns they would expect to gain from it...

At the other hand, it costs them next to nothing to flip a switch and make PS1 free without a sub, and the costs to run the servers with people on them (as opposed to running them empty as they are now) are minuscule... Which is why we are going to get:

"PlanetSide 1 as free to play game for everyone when the new program rolls out, on or about April 2, 2014 (or sooner!). Please note that PS1 has no Marketplace and will not see further game development."

Last edited by Mightymouser; 2014-02-27 at 07:09 PM.
Old 2014-02-27, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
bodypopper
Corporal

youve missed the point there son..

servers cost money to run,if youve worked in the IT field you know they cost a fair bit of cash to run.

mouser:

"At the other hand, it costs them next to nothing to flip a switch and make PS1 free without a sub, and the costs to run the servers with people on them (as opposed to running them empty as they are now) are minuscule... "

please have a look at basic server costs,again im not being a twat seriously look at what it costs to run a server,if in doubt .. ask hamma!

plus the more money ps1 can pull in the more chance there is of it continuing.

why do i feel like im arguing with a load of sociology students?
Old 2014-02-28, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
bedzike
Corporal

Yes all servers cost money. But the thing is ps1 is so small in size to all the other games sony has they can piggy back off ps2 for nothing. Thats what you forget to put into effect. Ps1 is over ten years old the code and any server can run it. I could probly run the server off my computer since its so dated. The cost for server to them is a waste like bill gates picking up a 100$ bill. Since he makes more leaving it their then the time he spent picking it up. Thats what you don't see that money is nothing to soe they make more off ps2 with spray painting a gun pink then 1year of ps1 sub. They arent gonna have micro transactions. What are they gonna use get br 16 now for 5 dollars give me 2 hrs ill get br 16. Nothing ingame can be mirco. Unless double xp thats the only thing
Old 2014-02-28, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

PS1 can run a full capacity server on a Pentium and 16 MB of ram.

Old 2014-03-01, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Does anyone have a link to that article that basically says PS1's servers are being run off of dated desktop computers?

PS1 is such an insignificant dent in SOE's budget. If PS1 really was such a viable source of income, you think SOE would've made more an effort to ensure the game's success .

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2014-03-02, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
bodypopper
Corporal

its called a joke,or being ironic.. its an old person thing (29+)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion