Wow. This place really died, eh? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide: Depriving you of sleep since the open beta!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2014-09-28, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Wow. This place really died, eh?

I haven't really played in eons, but I periodically read about the game here and there and I've played a few minutes a couple times in the last year or so. I thought that was just me, but given how few servers are in the game and the lack of activity here, I guess it's not just me.

It's really sad to come here and see the board and site is practically at a stand still compared to the year leading up to beta and year after release. I guess most folks have moved on. And moving on is fine, there's lots of stuff out there to do!

Personally, I stopped posting here when the ratio of trolling asshats to intelligent people took a massive turn for the worst. Who needs that in their life? And I gave up on playing the game, because every time I tried either my hits didn't register or people/vehicles teleported all over the screen, making it literally impossible to play. If ya can't play, why play, right?

Anyhow, thanks for all the time and effort you guys put in over the years, Hamma and the gang. It was some good times.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2014-09-29 at 05:36 PM. Reason: sig
Old 2014-09-29, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Wow. This place really died, eh?

The devs moved their attention to reddit and everything else kind of left with them.

I personally dislike Reddit.

Old 2014-09-29, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The devs moved their attention to reddit and everything else kind of left with them.

Yea, reddit is pretty horrible for conversations. I think the reason is that there is nothing left to discuss.

I mean since the beginning the purpose of here was to influence the devs and it worked for a time and in part but now I think they're just going there own way. Perhaps rather I think they know what they want to do and don't particularly want the type of input that would interest me.

I think what we have in PS2 is what we're going to get, new weapons here and there or vehicles or camos but that's it, whether it be because that's what they want to do or they can't actually do more I don't know.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2014-09-29, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

The devs moved their attention to reddit
Not entirely true. Just sayin'
Old 2014-09-29, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
/wave

Nice to see you around. Keeping yourself busy I would assume. The game plays about as good as it ever has for me, so thanks for that. I got some micro stuttering which made it feel like I was running in sand (and killed mouse movement), oddly only on the Emerald server, when I played the past couple days so... back to work for you!

And yeah, I have to agree ringring, Reddit is the poster child for how not to make a threaded multi user bulletin board. Compared to PhpBB, VBulletin, Lithium, and even Wordpress, navigating Reddit comments leaves a lot to be desired. That said, the Reddit in Motion app I have for my Blackberry is well laid out and easy to use so I use it rather than the website now (for reading, I don't post there - I have/did, but I deleted it as it's not my cup of tea).

Anyhow, are Hamma and the Dragonwolves still around? And I wonder what Balti, Figment, SKYeXile, Mastachief, SuperMorto, Graywolves, EVILPIG... and so many other PSU folks are up to these days.
Old 2014-10-06, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
Anyhow, are Hamma and the Dragonwolves still around? And I wonder what Balti, Figment, SKYeXile, Mastachief, SuperMorto, Graywolves, EVILPIG... and so many other PSU folks are up to these days.
Graduated my master Industrial Design Engineering (SOE could attempt to hire me now ) and went on holiday.

I log in here once a month to see my posts in Idea Lab are still the latest. I've said most I've had to say on PS2 design and the things I said in pre-launch in Alpha are still the things I'd say today, so I'm kinda burned out on repetition.
Old 2014-09-29, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Just because PSU sends you a notification when Baneblade needs to be learnt a lesson in talking about the devs, doesn't make it false.

I need a better place to talk about H1Z1 than Reddit.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2014-09-30, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Just because PSU sends you a notification when Baneblade needs to be learnt a lesson in talking about the devs, doesn't make it false.

I need a better place to talk about H1Z1 than Reddit.
Hey, that's not how it works!

(that's exactly how it works)
Old 2014-10-01, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Hey, that's not how it works!

(that's exactly how it works)
/salute Tom

How's it going in the land of zombies?
Old 2014-10-06, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Hello again

Not entirely true.
Might not be entirely true, but even to be partly true is disappointing.

The "Devs" don't even use the official forums. And to get news on PS2 updates and hotfixes we are advised to visit Reddit or Twitter.

I, too, do not like the way Reddit works.

Sorry for moaning in my first post in here for ages, but the Reddit thing struck a nerve...
Old 2014-11-29, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Doesn't help that most people here wanted CoD/BF2/3 on steroids. Maybe SOE will learn and pull a reverse NGE? Haha. That was a joke. Fat chance.

As for me, I finally learned how to win and found better games that require a level of skill, thought and planning.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2014-11-29 at 10:41 PM.
Old 2014-11-30, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Doesn't help that most people here wanted CoD/BF2/3 on steroids. Maybe SOE will learn and pull a reverse .

I really never sensed that here other than a couple of players..

Its partly Reddit and partly just less people playing leading to a negative feed back loop.

Im guessing that more than a few players are like me and are waiting for the PS4 version in hopes that it has a bigger population.
Old 2014-11-30, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I really never sensed that here other than a couple of players..

Its partly Reddit and partly just less people playing leading to a negative feed back loop.

Im guessing that more than a few players are like me and are waiting for the PS4 version in hopes that it has a bigger population.
lolllllll

PS4 having a bigger population? Yeah, sure, maybe for a year til PS5 or whatever comes out and PS2 either doesn't follow it or loses all of its players.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2014-11-30, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
lolllllll

PS4 having a bigger population? Yeah, sure, maybe for a year til PS5 or whatever comes out and PS2 either doesn't follow it or loses all of its players.
You are extremely ill informed - or confused.

You basically just sound insane.
Old 2014-09-29, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Seems dead to me. Used to be you'd at least get a reply the day you post something. It did devolve a lot into critical trolls, though, that would have rather flamed and put people down for their ideas than suggest ideas that can actually improve the game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion