AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So you fell off a galaxy eh!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-08-26, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
You know it's attention whores.
Hey T-Ray?
Weak
What?
Old 2013-08-26, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
NewSith,

We use a private streaming server for the feeds so I'm not utilizing Twitch to get the commentator feeds (or future FPS feeds). I have 2x observer cams remote (Noxx and Deringer) and 2x live observer cams via capture card. I cannot delay their audio without causing issues on the live feeds. So unfortunately dealing with a 3 second or so delay is our only option without having everyone in the same room.

No matter how we handle it we are going to be stuck with some delay somewhere unfortunately.
So, in other words, there're 2 cams feeding video directly and two delayed cams?

I have a few questions than:
Is it possible to launch 2 studio cams through a proxy, creating the same delay on the studio cams?
Is it possible to delay audio-only in your studio?

Technically what I propose is - syncing all 4 cameras and delaying the studio audiofeed while NOT delaying the videofeed.

The only problem I see you encountering is that your faces will be out of sync when talking, but as I said before there's no need to sahow your webcams during the battle, and during non-battle time you can remove the delay from the audio. It will take you exactly around 3 seconds to say: I'm now removing the delay, removing the phrase with the removal of the delay.

Also, why won't you try and use twitch, at least not during live? As far as I know you can have private streams in there.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-08-27 at 08:30 PM.
Old 2013-09-19, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

In the light of the Nexus Fight (SG vs RGQT):

My feedback:
  1. Since base flips are no longer a win condition, I suggest base capa give extra 3 Clash Points instantly
  2. The 2 lane approach is awesome. I just didn't realise how different the two middle bases would be in means of combat, one being CQC and the other being large open base.
  3. Make this thread a sticky.
  4. Apart from the resource note in the rules section, also make a riminder to teams that Squad Beacons require BR10 (was it?) to be unlocked, so if they want to use them on Nexus they will have to do some nasty statspadding prior to the match.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-09-19 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2013-09-19, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
In the light of the Nexus Fight (SG vs RGQT):

My feedback:
  1. Since base flips are no longer a win condition, I suggest base capa give extra 3 Clash Points instantly
I would like to mirror this suggestion. Call these points "bonus checks".

Also, I'd like to request all cameras keep HUD on. There were a couple of nail-biting moments where we couldn't see the [A] [B] [C] panel and didn't know who was capping what.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-09-19 at 12:45 PM.
Old 2013-09-19, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Hamma
PSU Admin

Hmm that may have been my cam. I tend to use it for large overview shots between rounds and I have the HUD off for that. Will try and keep that in mind
Old 2013-09-19, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Hmm that may have been my cam. I tend to use it for large overview shots between rounds and I have the HUD off for that. Will try and keep that in mind
Awesome, you guys are the best!

When doing the large overview shots, obviously not a problem. I remember one specific instance when we were looking at one of the outfits dismount from an AMS and rush a point, but the HUD wasn't on so we couldn't see if it was a successful push or not until about a minute later.
Old 2013-09-21, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Wargrim
Sergeant

After watching the latest match, i have to say that in a close match like this, the scoring system is a bit flawed. With Capture Points being counted at a precise point of time, and so much flipping back and forth going on, there is is a bit of a random factor thrown in. And more importantly, it does not reflect on the overall dominance of a side in terms of Capture Point control over the entire timeframe of the battle / round / halftime.

Capturing a base IS a good indicator of dominance of one team over the entire time of a battle. Because if you did not hold most points most of the time, you would not have capped it.

I think it would be a very good idea to give extra points on a base cap. 1 Point for a 1 Control Point base, and 3 points for a 3 Control Point base.

This would not make a large difference in a match where one team is steamrolling the other, because those extra points are not that many compared to those you collect after each Clash Point.

But in a tight match as the last one, 1 or 3 Points would matter a lot.

IMHO, the over time dominance over the Control Points by a team shown through a base cap should be rewarded. Right now it feels like some credit is lost where credit is due, if you know what i mean.

Last edited by Wargrim; 2013-09-21 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2013-09-23, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Rolfski
Major

Important tip: Fix your squad colour setting. Looking at the same green/yellow icons for both opponents is just confusing as hell to watch. Especially for outsiders.

Set all squad colours to empire colours please so when the camera switches to VS we're watching purple icons and when switching back to TR we're looking at red icons.
Old 2013-09-23, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Hamma
PSU Admin

Wargrim,

Check out the Modifications to the rules for Wednesday

http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...cation-134.htm
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-09-26, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

One thing I'd like to see is the observers to color their factions. It's very hard to tell which faction I'm looking at when they all have the same default squad colors (one of which is purple), and sometimes the VS are blue, and sometimes the TR are blue, sometimes they're red, sometimes they're purple...I think that needs to be calibrated to faction colors.

Specifically, I recommend:
1) Whatever platoon the observer is in, change all squads to be the same color, which is the faction color of the platoon.
2) In the interface, turn on Faction Colors for friend/foe indicators, so TR are always Red, NC are always Blue, and VS are always purple regardless of observer.

The result would be that all colors are calibrated to be faction colors, so regardless of which observer we are looking at or what squad they are observing, a blue color is NC, a red color is TR, and a purple color is VS so it is clear to viewers which faction they are seeing.

Also when switching observer cams, or when moving from facility to facility, it would be nice to zoom out to the map, and then zoom into the new location so we can see where in the big picture the action is happening to help keep perspective. It also reinforces the scope of the battle and the scale of the fighting.

And finally, for the early air battles, please spend more observer time on those. Very cool to watch but I didn't think there was much observer time on it at all, especially in the opening.

I think those air battles are one of the more interesting and unique things in PlanetSide 2 compared to COD or BF. It's completely nuts Battle of Britain and we have to see that whenever its happening. Since the initial air clash seems like a consistent trend it's a great opener to the match. In that respect the 2nd half was a lot better, nice blend of covering what's happening in the air and the ground.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-09-26, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Also, to avoid the last 4 minutes of garbage time, perhaps you can do a little overtime to allow any capture that is initiated before time expires to see through completion. No new captures after time expires are counted, only ones that are in progress. It might extend the time by a few minutes but i think it could make for some nice endings especially if its close rather than let the last 4 minutes always be garbage.
Old 2013-09-26, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Rolfski
Major

I stopped watching last TXR/MERC vs NNG/TGWW episode after 40 minutes: Unless you guys fix the squad colour coding (as suggested by Malorn and me), these clashes are just an impossible mess to keep track of with all that admin cam switching.

Also, if you would have checked last MLG's War Report then you would have known that there is a nice little trick to circumvent the bugged Nexus map and make the lattice and empire colours visible on the map: Switch map towards another continent and then switch back to Nexus. Import trick because without an overview about what's going on, these clashes don't make much sense from a viewers perspective.

As a minor side note: The Community Clash Battlefield-like logo doesn't make any sense. Either make it more Planetside 2 like or, if you are intending to cover other games as well, make it more universal.

Edit: Some of the casters actually used the map trick further down the episode.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-09-26 at 06:53 AM.
Old 2013-09-26, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Violin
Private

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
As a minor side note: The Community Clash Battlefield-like logo doesn't make any sense. Either make it more Planetside 2 like or, if you are intending to cover other games as well, make it more universal.
^This.
Honestly, you guys are doing such a great job with this that it seems like a trivial thing to bring up, but I definitely had a wtf moment when I saw it. Not to say it is a bad looking logo at all, it just doesn't fit with Planetside 2's theme.

Other than that having been a competitor and a regular spectator on these CC's I must say what you guys are doing for this community is amazing, kudos to everyone putting in the effort to bring a quality competetive stage to Planetside 2 week after week.

Last edited by Violin; 2013-09-26 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2013-09-26, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Hamma
PSU Admin

It seems trivial to everyone but it's one of the many things we have to make sure we change settings on. When I'm spending 3 hours prepping for the production of the show I often forget to change squad and team colors. We are doing our best but we are only human.

We have heard feedback on the logo and someone even volunteered to redo it. We cannot simply rip out the logo and replace it without redoing every single one of our video assets and also our branding across different sites. We will likely update it at some point but it's one of those things that will take time.

Thanks for the feedback, but I think saying you won't watch it because of the dorito color is a bit much :P
Old 2013-09-26, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
JohnA
Private

During yesterday's Community Clash event, I thought I saw something that I was hoping a member of NNG or TGWW could confirm or deny.

At the moment of first deploy, did infantry pull ESFs and Libs then leave them on the ground for their team while they went and jumped into Galaxies?

I thought that is what I saw, but can not be sure. If they did that, I thought it was a great way to conserve resources for later in the round. Have pilots pull ground vehicles and infantry pull planes for the initial wave because the vehicles did not survive long anyways.

Great event as always.

Happiness through oppression

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion