Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - Page 19 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bloopers, glitches, and silly stuff since Planetside1
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-20, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #271
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
As you can see the original HUD view was actually a wider FoV than the cockpit view. I ask because so many are wanting a zoomed HUD view and it still seems that a cockpit would be better than most any zoomed HUD.
I wonder if that's what they actually want though. They've failed to provide any base reasoning so beyond trumpeting their greatness there's no way to tell what they're after.

My opinion on it is that it changes nothing, for the reasons I elaborated previously.
Old 2012-04-20, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #272
Crator
Major General

This is all speculation because I don't know how they are doing this yet but the third option that isn't in the poll that I would pick would be this:

3 different views (3rd person, cockpit, helmet camera)

3rd person = Self explanatory

Cockpit view = Forced (no toggle off) | Provides visibility to the sides of the aircraft but cockpit obstructs view directly below. *Pretty much how they show it currently in the pics...

Helmet view (zoomed) = Essentially a front mounted camera on the aircraft that removes the cockpit and removes the side views that the cockpit view provides. Allows you to see more of the front view of the aircraft (above and below). The more you zoom the less you can see around you. Kind of like PS1 zoom. Could be cool if the camera could be damaged rendering it unusable.
Old 2012-05-28, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #273
LegioX
First Sergeant

You people complaining about that cockpit view have never flown in a ww2 flight sim. Would be easy as hell to see in that cockpit. I would be happy if they took out 3rd person completely and forced 1st person.
Old 2012-05-28, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #274
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
You people complaining about that cockpit view have never flown in a ww2 flight sim. Would be easy as hell to see in that cockpit. I would be happy if they took out 3rd person completely and forced 1st person.
I have flown a WWII plane simulator, it was called "Combat Flight Simulator: Battle for Europe." Unfortunately the campaign was just a tad too hard as i would always get pushed back and lose, even if i won every battle, which i did. And only a few times i would fly 1st person view, because it looked cooler, else i would use the view with just the crosshair in the middle of the screen and nothing else. made seeing enemies soo much easier.
Old 2012-05-28, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #275
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

As long as there is a free-look option to look around to targets or trees...

Forced...

Cheers,

GG
Old 2012-05-28, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #276
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Forced, especially if the UI/HUD in the pilot seat gives the player realistic information, like a warning for a potential enemy lock, etc.
Old 2012-05-28, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #277
RSphil
Contributor
Major

id say forced. im used to having cockpits as i play alot of flight sims and have done for years. plus iv played battlefield for years and that has always had cockpits. you get used to it. for those people saying about parking, after a while you will become more aware of the aircrafts size ect and be able to park it fine.

i like the 3rd person view for flying around but i think for combat you should be put back in the cockpit.

also if this is competitive everyone should have the same things enabled so noone has an advantage. Plus the cockpits look fooking awesome lol
Old 2012-05-28, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #278
Tallon
Private

definitely forced, so much more immersive
Old 2012-05-28, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #279
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I too support forcing it, as it makes a game more immersive and can be a balance issue between aircraft. I don't like to put bias in the original post with polls.

Hopefully all ground vehicles will offer them same thing. Driving a harasser in 1st person was fun, but never the smart choice. If it is the only option, it will be more appreciated.
Are you people batshit insane?!
Can you IMAGINE the teamkills?

MAYBE. MAAAYBE strict third person for SMALL AIRCRAFT and ATVs.
But that's it. No more. If we've got 1st-person sunderers and (egad) third person galaxies rolling and flying around, expect to become a pancake very, very soon.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-05-28, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #280
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

As pilots we have an in-helmet HUD... I can't think why it can't be a direct video feed from a camera on the front of the aircraft so that you don't have to see the cockpit around you.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-05-28, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #281
kadrin
Sergeant

I think it should be forced, but either way is fine. Those who enjoy the immersion of cockpit view will use it, those who just want to powergame will have it off.

What I would love to see (not sure if it's been mentioned), is this game be TrackIR compatible, especially for people in aircraft.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #282
LegioX
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I have flown a WWII plane simulator, it was called "Combat Flight Simulator: Battle for Europe." Unfortunately the campaign was just a tad too hard as i would always get pushed back and lose, even if i won every battle, which i did. And only a few times i would fly 1st person view, because it looked cooler, else i would use the view with just the crosshair in the middle of the screen and nothing else. made seeing enemies soo much easier.
Maybe its just me, but forcing people into "cockpit only" view is hell of alot better than moving out to outside view on AC. ww2ol and its air game had it right. No outside view. You wanted better situational awareness, then bring along a wingman to look after your blindspots. Outside views are just down right simplistic.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #283
Tallon
Private

lets just say that you have range finders on your wingtips and upper and lower most extremeties. these would give you a range to object withing say...20 meters?

see example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rangfinder example.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	531  
Old 2012-05-30, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #284
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Forced, but I would like to add that there should be keys to look around while inside the cockpit. I dont see anything wrong with being able to look behind, up, left or right. These views are all available in todays fighters.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #285
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Forced, with TrackIR integration.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion