"What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Page 262 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How do I use my orbital strike?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2017-11-07, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3916
Mordelicius
Major

Re: "What are you listening to right now?" Thread

Double dipping crash ( crumbs perspicacity ).

---
Absolute New Wave classic. RiP Stuart Adamson.

Old 2017-11-09, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3917
Mordelicius
Major

Comet comes along ( equation drags long ).

Old 2017-11-19, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3918
Moliok
Private

Real modern classic! Keep on posting.
Old 2017-11-24, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3919
HotAsIce
Private

Usually when I'm chilling to http://automatenspielex.com/kostenlo...cky-lady-charm I go with Tove Lo. And at work jazz
Old 2017-12-16, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3920
MickTordoff
Private

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMLDvvnw

Gary Moore - Still got the blues

Last edited by MickTordoff; 2017-12-16 at 09:35 AM.
Old 2017-12-24, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3921
Mordelicius
Major

Tick tact obvious ( world famous confused ). <3

Old 2017-12-29, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3922
Mordelicius
Major

Just got reminded/rekindled of an old passion with long bike rides. Used to be a demon from 10-15. I'd go everywhere. My brother had a tricked out custom cruiser low rider with the classic, alloy shimano 6 speed that was ridiculous easy and stupid to ride to the point of numbness. Can't feel the pedal, it's like steering a cloud.

Built my BMX style from scratch as well, single sprocket but lighter. My favorite was going anywhere without touching the handlebar. Doable in flat surfaces, even on steep declines, but only impossible on steep uphill.

But I had to give it up, chasing a remarkable, unique, beautiful and intelligent girl into an elite school on scholarship. It was double the average college load at 13 years old, 10-12 classes and sleep 4 hours a day. Wake up at 5, groom to 6, commute to 7, class from 7-5/6. Cook/eat/clean from 7-8 and homework + reading up to 1 am. Even on weekends there's no break, due to many many major solo/group projects due every 1 1/2 months.

I also had to give up my deep love for chess championships (city champ!), basketball, and dancing, and pursuing to learn basic guitar. I knew all the simple dance moves from Roger Rabbit, Running Man, scissors, shuffles etc. and many exotic moves I've long since forgotten the name of. DJ culture was exploding in our neighborhood and city. And I know so many friends who are excellent dancers. Since I love music, i'd sneak out at night on my bike to peep at street block parties. I'd copy moves and make my own.

The only thing I couldn't do was breakdancing. When I was 6, I was trying to headstand and spin but my mother won't allow it, because "it's causing brain damage"...

She was able to skip over a grade in elementary due to her intelligence. I was upset since out of all the bevy of lovely girls chasing me in school, she's the one I'm only interested in and wanted. She skipped a year and is slipping away. She came back one day advertising the elite school's entrance exam. In a city of at least 1-1.5 million plus, 200 slots is not a lot.

I decided I can't stick with my chess schtick and everything else so I studied the whole year and joined focus study groups after school just to get in.

When I finally got in, I found out "Oh, her? She just moved to Canada".

I still kept my love for music, discovered an appreciation for cooking, gained deep analytical thought process under pressure and had my first glimpse of the Knowledge Abyss (zuzuzu...)

Old 2018-01-31, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3923
Mordelicius
Major

Can't miss what's not taken ( wistful belonging ).

Old 2018-02-14, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3924
Mordelicius
Major

Possible impossible ( bother who cares ).

Old 2018-09-03, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3925
Mordelicius
Major

b2m

The Brits lost their preeminence in pop music due to their preoccupation with the 'next big thing', like overhyping overrated bands like the Smiths and Stone Roses. As a result alot of great British bands never got their due, and an American band (Nirvana) broke alternative music into the mainstream.

They were left with manufactured hype like Oasis and their cloying/annoying, unlistenable D-rate melodies, with no rhythm section or harmonies.

One of those great unsung alternative British bands was the Bolshoi. So, Pitchfork made one of their stupid list adding Pulp in as #2. I'm positive Pulp is a generic stinker, but might as well brave the pain and check out this #2 'tune' "Common People".

No surprise, it's a screeching garbage. What's shocking is their singer is blatantly and shamelessly ripping off Trevor Tanner of the Bolshoi. It's easy to conclude the Pitchfork organization has never even heard of Bolshoi so how can they even them any props. Instead, they are giving this copy all the accolades.

It takes a foolish village to screw up a lightbulb, but it takes Pitchfork staff to screw up a list. It's no wonder every one they release is a disaster. Such gutter-depth insight.

Know an aspiring Van Gogh (rising inspiring aspirin).

"Away", like "In A Big Country" by Big Country, is one of the best alternative songs of all time. Pitchfork neither has the knowledge or decency to include them in their top 200 lists.

Old 2018-09-10, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3926
Mordelicius
Major

Wow, another Pitchfork list and another calamity.

Just a cursory inpection checklist:
No real bands like Bolshoi, Big Country, Gene Loves Jezebel, Flesh for Lulu etc. (check)

Hipster BS like Arthur Russell and Talk Talk's "Spirit of Eden". It's not even music but random, amorphous nonsense. (check)

No Juluka but copycat Paul Simon's Graceland (check)

No Yazoo/Erasure but New Order (check). New Order simply rips off Disco and Italo-Disco while Vince Clarke actually innovates. He's adding acoustic guitars to dance song before Avicii (RiP) was even born.

I can go on and on on so many omissions but the most glaring one is the jaw-
dropping absence of Midnight Oil's "Diesel and Dust".

It's impossible to overlook such a popular and legit alternative crossover album.

I'm guessing it's far too political, Anti-Corporate and Anti-Globalist that Conde Naste

can't risk people singing/repeating these surversive earworms without offending their

global/multination advertisers. In the age of late stage Globalism, MAGA, and Brexit it's far too incendiary.

There's no way one can miss this unless there's complicit blacklisting/censorship, or I'm blind and just didn't see it in the list.

Interweb outrage in 3, 2...

Old 2018-09-15, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3927
Mordelicius
Major

Pitchfork added the super sloppy Replacements, the sophomoric/soporific Sonic Youth and the smarmy, trippy-dippy Pixies, but no superior alt pioneer Gene Loves Jezebel.

No. 3 of the true alt classic trifecta ("In a Big Country", Away"), the real version of "Desire".

Since Billy Corgan is such a huge fan, then Siamese Dreams = Aston twin brothers/Gene Loves Jezebel?

Hush tug art (heart melting Vermeer).

Old 2018-09-23, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3928
Mordelicius
Major

What's on 'em Jill (kinda Frida).

Old 2018-10-01, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3929
Mordelicius
Major

Something else instrumental ( da Vinci dance or coincidence ).

Old 2018-10-08, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3930
Mordelicius
Major

Hypnotic plays gravity ( electric Miyazaki ).

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge