What should I be? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: COMING SOON: HAMMA 2.0
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-03, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LetumAbsIgnis
Private

What should I be?

I am a total newby who doesn't even have the game yet, but I was really thinking about what i want to specialize in.

I know that I will be of the Vanu Empire

I am thinking about taking Reinforced Armor and Enginieering at BR 2, and then Medium Assualt and Combat E.

All advice is happily accepted!
Old 2003-07-03, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Code4
Corporal

You should get a magmower cert like the rest of vs
Old 2003-07-03, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LetumAbsIgnis
Private

Vehicles are not my style

THe only cert i want for a vehicle would be the Galaxy, and even then there is only one base per continent for them. But, dropping of a troop payload could be fun . . .
Old 2003-07-03, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Protst Patrotsm
Private

Use the VR training and find out for yourself what you want be after you try everything

"This country, with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2003-07-03, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Both Sniper and infiltrator are very fun if you are more the tactics and strategy kinda guy instead of the run and gun. If you do favor run and gun, then either go grunt or MAX suit.
Old 2003-07-03, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Protst=Patrotsm
Use the VR training and find out for yourself what you want be after you try everything
I am a total newby who doesn't even have the game yet,
Hehehe, he can't
Old 2003-07-03, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
NiteTiger
Sergeant

My two favorite characters are Infiltrators and Special Assault. When you feel like being sneaky and underhanded, go for infil. When you just want to be able to kill everything you see, SA
Old 2003-07-03, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Code4
Corporal

Originally posted by NiteTiger
My two favorite characters are Infiltrators and Special Assault. When you feel like being sneaky and underhanded, go for infil. When you just want to be able to kill everything you see, SA

I like my infil and max pounder. It's fun to sneak into thier spawn area of a tower or base and then switching into Max.
Old 2003-07-03, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Re: What should I be?

Originally posted by LetumAbsIgnis
I am a total newby who doesn't even have the game yet, but I was really thinking about what i want to specialize in.

I know that I will be of the Vanu Empire

I am thinking about taking Reinforced Armor and Enginieering at BR 2, and then Medium Assualt and Combat E.

All advice is happily accepted!
Actually, that's a pretty good start. Get the Combat Engineering cert before you pick up Medium Assault. An Engineer is no good unless he's packing some ACE units and the Suppresser in combo with your deployables will keep you going and happy for a while. After medium assault I'd either get Special Assault or a vehicle cert. The AMS is only 2 points and no one gets tired of having an AMS around and if you're an Engineer it is very convenint having your own mobile equipment terminal available.

After that, grab whatever interests you so that you can mix it up every now and then and have fun.
Old 2003-07-03, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NiteTiger
Sergeant

Yep, is always fun to imagine the look on thier faces when that pounder pops up outta nowhere >

I have a character that certed as a "MAX HAX" -MindTwist, on Konried. When I'm feeling particularly evil, I load him up.

Plus, there's just some sweet satisfaction in defending your own hack
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion