Post BR20 Abilities - Flame Free Version - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 50% less fat than the official site!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-17, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
oddfish
Colonel

that's rather clever.

kind of along the lines of the BR20 SoI adrenaline boost, but it's individual and for MAXes. this is great, i'm actually getting all this stuff down. i think i'm going to put together a wish list for the devs once we've refined the BR20 ideas.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-03-17, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by oddfish
that's rather clever.

kind of along the lines of the BR20 SoI adrenaline boost, but it's individual and for MAXes. this is great, i'm actually getting all this stuff down. i think i'm going to put together a wish list for the devs once we've refined the BR20 ideas.
Just make sure the proper people get credit so we don't have to lynch you.

Or we could just tell the Devs to come here....that'd be funny. Who knows....Spork might be reading this as we type.... *paranoid look over shoulder*

Thinking about your SoF with BR20s again, perhaps an increased stamina drain on the enemy when facing multiple (and I stress multiple) enemy BR20s? Think of it as the enemy being demoralized by the prescence of the your own elite troops...since the BR20 uniform is distinctive across the empires from all others, it makes a sort of sense. It would only be available while the BR20 ability was active, and would only increase the stamina costs of any actions you do. If there's no stamina cost associated with an action (i.e. - running, enhanced targeting, firing) then there's no increase to do it, but things like jumping and the active implants would drain it just a smidge faster...to go up as high as 175% of normal drain when confronted by more than 8 BR20s in a 10m area. Thoughts?
Old 2004-03-17, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
oddfish
Colonel

first, i won't rip off ideas, i promise, that would make me the ultimate asshat.

second, i do like this idea, but i'm not sure how it would be implemented and if it would cause too much of a codingproblemidon'tknowwhatthefucki'msaying.

all i know is that the idea of BR20's, the elite guys, having the ability to alter the combat capacity of soldiers around them would make this game seem even more like real combat. that is all.

My Blog
Old 2004-03-17, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I'd like to see a BR 20 bonus, nothing big, but like, 10% faster reload, and the COF of all weapons shrinks 20% faster, or something.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-17, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
oddfish
Colonel

but that's just not enough for ME.

i want a whole fucking PARADE, not a horse drawn buggy and a midget carrying a balloon.

My Blog
Old 2004-03-17, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

I don't know Dhark. They do make sense, but those are touchy issues with people as they go directly to balance. With the reload boost, you'd have to almost cut it in half before you got productive numbers out of it...and there WOULD be issues with that. That might be a good one for a MAX with a slow reload timer, but for standard infantry that would be a bit much.

Perhaps a trade-off where the RoF is reduced to compensate for the lower CoF? I'm not a big fan of systems that require a nerf for the ability, but there are somethings that you don't want to tinker with too heavily.

For those who are still confused by the way I'm thinking these abilities will work, they're a lot like certs, except you get 1 per level. So if I wanted the extra 9mm ammo, air-to-air missiles and my lightning to go 10kph faster, I would need to get 3 times the weighted XP to get from BR19 to BR20...there are no "free" abilities in this idea as up to BR20, you receive cert points.

This is "post" BR20, not "at" BR20. At least, that's how my design is approaching it. That way it will take even the most dedicated of all day gamers quite a while to get EVERY ability...especially if there is a *wide* variety of ideas. Come on! I know more of you have them!
Old 2004-03-17, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Like I said, nothing MAJOR, just a slight edge, I don't want to see BR 20's running around with Mini-LashHammers

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-17, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

That's what we're aiming for. Enough of a boost to be worthwhile, such as the additional ammo, but nothing that will be overpowering or alter the use of a weapon (like making a JH fire energy rounds that lash).
Old 2004-03-17, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
oddfish
Colonel

becoming BR20 should not affect physical equipment in the game. that, to me, is not the essence of gaining experience.

My Blog
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion