PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It gives you wings!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-04-14, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Acaila
First Lieutenant

ASUS m/bs are about the easiest to OC available. Goto jumperfree configuration as Rbstr said, set AI over clocking or whatever it is, the section with standard, manual, 10%, 20%, 30% etc. to manual. Bam, you get a whole heap more settings which are hidden when OCing is set to auto or disabled (standard). Play with your FSB to increase your CPU speed. Find a source online that has someone sharing their experience with OCing the same CPU as you, often you can just get their settings, stress test and go.
Old 2004-04-14, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Napsterr
Private

/agree with Rbstr about learning more before you OC anything. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago when I first got into computers, and trust me, you can royally screw up some hardware quick like if you dont know what your doing. Some of the programs they are wanting you to DL are easy to use but at the same time they are easy to misuse. Be careful and learn as much as possible before you start trying stuff. (unless you got the money laying around to buy new hardware)
Old 2004-04-14, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ait'al
Contributor
General

stop fucking commenting if your just going say something about what you think i know. Period. If you cant help me shutup. I want a mroe extensive program to Overclock with because i dont like this one. help me or dont fucking post. IM not in your damn situation napsterr. Or anywhere near it. Stop being fucking presumtuous and fucking help me or go away. IF you dont fucking stop this now rbstr im reporting your ass to hamma and asking him to remove you as moderator.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

thats the best your gona get Ait the BIOs is all there is
read that other tread i showed is give a basic explanation of everything there, i find clockgen doesn't even work for my comp

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Ill start this over again. Does anyoen know of any second hand programs that work in xp to access the bios information in that way. i know how to overclock you stupid fuck and i know far beyond that damn thread.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

google clock gen but its a POS that doeswn't work most of the time, use the fucking bios why make it complicated?

We answerded your qustion but you didn't like the answer so you keep asking hoping we'll give you the answer your looking for, but it doesn't exist.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-14, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Yeah the BIOS is always the way to go. Windows OC programs are pretty inaccurate as rbstr said. I use ClockGen pretty much just for referance. A good program to have is CPU-Z, which gives you great info on your CPU and RAM settings.

ASUS BIOSes rock. There are times I wish my Shuttle AN50R had the flexibility of those BIOSes. I check the Shuttle website weekly for new BIOSes to flash up to (the first BIOS that came with my card had almost NO OCing features). So far I've had to flash my BIOS twice just to get CPU multipliers and RAM timings in my BIOS.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-04-15, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Asus bios is a peice of shit and i cant fine tune it to get all i can out of the overclock. There have always been non windows based utilities to do this sort of thing also. Youve never heard of any? Know of any older or somewhat older general purpose bios tweakers? Any hack programs that would qaulify as a utility?

I have cpuz and several other programs including clockgen.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-15 at 04:08 AM.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Yes you can. Asus BIOS have all the standard BIOS options for OCing. The programs you are talking about are BIOS hacks, be careful using them. I don't know any which will have any improvement over your current BIOS, which OCs quite easily.
Old 2004-04-15, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

This thread is comedy gold.
Old 2004-04-15, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ait Asus bioses are as good as they get, all you have to do is set it all to manual, though auto does it for you and makes sure it stays sort-of safe.

I don't know waht more you want, mabee there is something we coudl do if you told us what you need (if you don't know it exists you don't need it) there is no Bios option for making your computer run PS at 300 frames

Old 2004-04-15, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
there is no Bios option for making your computer run PS at 300 frames
Yes there is, but you better have sub zero cooling heh
Old 2004-04-15, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

even with a compressor cooler on your Vidcard, CPU and ram i doubt Ps could ever give 300 frames

Old 2004-04-15, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Yeah, you're probably right. A man can dream though.
Old 2004-04-16, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I get 250+ frames in Sanc sometimes if I sit absolutely still, and my RAM has loaded all the textures. Also, I've noticed that right when I log out, when the screen is frozen because the game is quitting, the FPS always reads "591.8". Maybe this is the maximum?

edit: I should be getting my new RAM today ::crosses fingers and prays to USPS:: so I'm going to overclock my CPU and RAM and maybe my vid card too... I'll see if I can get it up to 300 FPS...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum