Population Inbalance - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We Won't Screw You Over....Really..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-06, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Re: Population Inbalance

What I don't get about this whole debate, is where as you have a lot of the Devs now opening up about balance... there has been no comment what-so-ever on the Pop imbalances, and I can't quite figure out why.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
AThreatToYou
Major

1. Look guys. I know at least 3 people who have literally turned down playing VS in favor of the NC or TR because their infantry suits look bad and their weapons sound bad. MAX Unit, Magrider and Scythe are fine and cool they all say; they admire them. For blanket even populations and increased consumer response to PlanetSide 2 and the Vanu Sovereignty, my corporate vote goes to a re-evaluation of Vanu aesthetics.
[my proposed change follows the anterior color choices of the existing factions, including VS: Orange and green]

2. Experience incentives should be provided. Aesthetic differences CLEARLY do not account solely for underpopulation. There are game mechanics and Game Theory entanglements involved in faction population. However, I want "Death to the 4th Empire!"
Thus, at least a two hour cooldown timer should be instituted if a player switches empires and then leaves the warpgate with the other character. This is to encourage folks who switch to the underpop faction to stay, and to reduce incentives of leaving home faction in favor of alt alert rewards.

3. In addition, experience boosts to underpopulated factions should be increased; respawn time, resource acquisition, and vehicle timers should also be improved if a faction is underpopulated.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-06-06 at 12:17 PM.
Old 2013-06-08, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Angelo
Private

My no. 1 gripe with the game right now is the pop imbalance on certain Servers. There's only so much you can do when you are outnumbered, even with superior coordination or "tactics".
After constantly fighting retreating battles and getting your ass whopped you can't help but get a little frustrated.

Server transfer tokens hopefully will help (I'm sure SOE will create them in a way that you can not transfer to a Server where your population already is in the majority. That would mean anarchy ^^).

I'd really like to see another system besides the XP bonus for the underpopulated factions though. Because the current system apparently is not working.
Old 2013-06-08, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If the VS changed from purple to black, the problem would disappear pretty quick.

Old 2013-06-08, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
MrMak
Sergeant Major

You mean like they already have for the most part?

Yeah i doubt a color palete change will solve thep roblem........

Also server transfer tokens might seem like they woudl fi the problem but it is just as likely they will make it even worse.

What will the majority of people do? Will they go from a server they are dominating ot a server where their faction is underpopulated? No, most will likely do the exact oposite.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-08 at 09:30 AM.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

No, they are still purple.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion