[No Whine] Fuck PS2 until they fixed server pop - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: caution: my be annoyed by n00bs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-10, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: [No Whine] Fuck PS2 until they fixed server pop

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
give legitimate power bonuses - more health or whatever.
Right, right. You could justify this by saying that the fewer warm bodies are on any given continent, the stronger the nanite matrices are, or... something.
Old 2013-06-10, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The OP just seems so, so angry. During prime time the pop typically evens out, though there's been less VS than normal.
The server didn't start that way so it's either people getting bored and quitting or a whole shit ton of 4th faction (but why go from VS to TR?)
Either way, calm down and keep on keeping on. Sooner or later someone will come up with a magic fix. And no, the straight up fix isn't just put timers on everything although that may help.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-06-10, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
raumfahrer
Private

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
give legitimate power bonuses - more health or whatever.
This does not work. You'd fuck up every balanced battle (would be mostly the small scale ones) on these continents.

Roaming solo? No chance.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

So you are saying you are quitting, because of the population imbalance and you're the underdog. Now how exactly does pop imbalance occur again?

I'm playing Miller VS lately if you are wondering...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-06-10 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
PredatorFour
Major

Cool i like the pop imbalance, some juicy xp bonus's

If ya need a casual/fun outfit to mess about with Newsith on VS give us a shout
Old 2013-06-10, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by FireWater View Post
Isn't the VS population generally the lowest amongst all the servers?

Sounds like it could be more of a faction issue than a population issue.
I'm sure it's just a color and weapon sound issue.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by raumfahrer View Post
This does not work. You'd fuck up every balanced battle (would be mostly the small scale ones) on these continents.

Roaming solo? No chance.
You mean it would have a chance to counter the already un-balanced battles due to population problems.

But we'll just continue to ignore those imbalance issues that have existed since release, because they don't effect you personally.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Reading this tread makes me truly love Connery. Occasionally the population swings but its overall incredibly stable. It's rare to see an empire in the 20's percentage wise.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I expect that's because 2 servers have been merged into it. Not complaining, of course.
Old 2013-06-11, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

SOE can't fix the populations. Populations are entirely the fault of the players.

Old 2013-06-11, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Last night I led a platoon of devil dogs onto amerish where we had a 25% pop disadvantage. It was incredible fighting. The vanu fell before us and we would have won this particular bio dome alert if it wasnt for future crew reinforcing the defenders. Those guys know how to fight and kicked us in our collective balls. But it was some epic fighting against the very best no lifers in the game.
Old 2013-06-11, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hyglak
Private

I don't play much this time.

- Miller-Server is broken (lags, warps, megahorrid: Indar+Alert)
- Population imbalanced and dwindling playernumbers
- bored of stuff (nc). I bought nearly every weapon. But for me neither the raven nor the Aegis-shield are fun to use.
- Since last GU i get alot of CTD

I cancelled my auraxium and wait for something good to happen.

- Find a way to even out the teams. Maybe there should be one even pop-Continent at all time. Or make NC mercenary-outfits with changing loyality.

- Change Alerts. The way they are now ruin it. At least on my server.

- Servermerge and fix the server

Old 2013-06-12, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Come to Connery, VS have beaten NC with pops at early times. TR is the underpop faction now.

This is your average 2-4:30 am PST population

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-06-12, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

The problem with the Pop imbalances on Miller is that a lot of people quit playing for whatever reason and the only faction that seem to actually be recruiting effective numbers are TR.

I have seen a lot of "it's the player's fault" - well yes it is, but it's not the existing players fault, the people that have been on Miller since the start sticking with one faction, it's not their fault that they get swarmed by masses and masses of TR.

Typically on Miller you have Indar which is around 33-33-33 when pop locked and on an alert, then you have (prime time 6:00PM-11:00PM GMT)

Amerish
VS: 22%
NC: 26%
TR: 52%

Esamir
VS: 19%
NC: 21%
TR: 60%

So looking at it from a new player's point of view, do you

a) get raped on Amerish
b) get raped on Esamir
c) Sit in a queue for 30 mins to get on Indar

Of course new players are joining the TR in their droves, and there's nothing that we (the existing players) can do anything about it.

We avoid Indar as much as possible, and go hunting for fights on other conts, typically we are the 19% or the 22% on a cont, but in order to make it worthwhile, we have to hop around finding a fight, and when we do find a fight, we get dropped by a platoon of TR (because they have the numbers)

We - the existing playerbase - are trying to make fights for ourselves, but last night for example, was one of the first nights since 20th Nov 2012 I actually logged off fed up because we either Zerg on Indar (Lattice fights invariably end up Zerg vs Zerg) or find a fight on Esamir or Amerish where we get jumped by salivating platoons of TR waiting to overcome us by superior skill and intellect.

Not their fault, it's a product of the Huge population imbalance, but if SOE don't do something about this, it will continue.

---------

As for what SOE can do:-

1. Give HUGE XP and Resource incentives for underpopulated factions. If you are camped in your WG on all 3 conts, you wont have enough resources to throw grenades, lay C4, pull tanks, Pull aircraft, you are litterally left with nothing to do but run and shoot for hours, until you can get resources again.

The Incentives should be based on Cont Pop, NOT global Pop. If Indar is a 33-33-33 then no pop incentives apply (just the normal boosts you can buy etc) but go to a cont with a huge swing and watch the benefit increase.

This exists to some degree now but it needs to be doubled/tripled/quadroupled in Value. If you are outnumbered 2:1 you need to earn certs at a ratio of 2:1

2. Add an EMPIRE IN NEED: VS/NC/TR graphic when creating your chars after picking a server, base it off global pop with an average over a week (so it's fair and takes into account Prime time and quiet time fluctuations)

You'll seen see pops evening out.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post

We - the existing playerbase - are trying to make fights for ourselves, but last night for example, was one of the first nights since 20th Nov 2012 I actually logged off fed up because we either Zerg on Indar (Lattice fights invariably end up Zerg vs Zerg) or find a fight on Esamir or Amerish where we get jumped by salivating platoons of TR waiting to overcome us by superior skill and intellect.

Not their fault, it's a product of the Huge population imbalance, but if SOE don't do something about this, it will continue.

---------

As for what SOE can do:-

1. Give HUGE XP and Resource incentives for underpopulated factions. If you are camped in your WG on all 3 conts, you wont have enough resources to throw grenades, lay C4, pull tanks, Pull aircraft, you are litterally left with nothing to do but run and shoot for hours, until you can get resources again.

The Incentives should be based on Cont Pop, NOT global Pop. If Indar is a 33-33-33 then no pop incentives apply (just the normal boosts you can buy etc) but go to a cont with a huge swing and watch the benefit increase.

This exists to some degree now but it needs to be doubled/tripled/quadroupled in Value. If you are outnumbered 2:1 you need to earn certs at a ratio of 2:1

2. Add an EMPIRE IN NEED: VS/NC/TR graphic when creating your chars after picking a server, base it off global pop with an average over a week (so it's fair and takes into account Prime time and quiet time fluctuations)

You'll seen see pops evening out.
Normally im the stubborn one that keeps on fighting when my outfit mates log off, but last night was just so disheartening I logged off in disgust with the rest of them. Basing the incentive on the Continental balance as you suggest TH would help promote fights and give more of an incentive to the out numbered faction.

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-06-12 at 08:38 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion