News: Squad Beacon June 9th Recording - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why wont my gold bullets work on this beamer?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-10, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Squad Beacon June 9th Recording

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...rding-3035.htm

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-06-10 at 01:16 PM.
Old 2013-06-10, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Re: Squad Beacon June 9th Recording

Awesome, thanks Hamma
Old 2013-06-10, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Not a problem! Added link to OP. I have minimal time so I was not able to do a proper table of contents. If someone wants to type up all the times and a description of the timestamp I'd be happy to edit the video and add it!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-10, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Missed the live show this time, and I appreciate the YT version. Great group of panelists, enjoyed the discussion.
Old 2013-06-10, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RSphil
Contributor
Major

awesome. gutted i missed it, had to work these 12 hour shifts are killing me lol.
Old 2013-06-11, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
outsider
Private

Yeah good one today. The thing I like the most about the AGN's is it helps someone like me who casually lurks and now rarely plays to stay current with what's going on and make an informed decision on when to get back into it. So kuddos.

Something that came to mind during the discussion about the domes ( my gripe, I guess ) is it's not player content. It's not player driven and it has no cost, it's just an environmental "feature" like a wall or a mountain or a tree, and this "feature" will exist on some bases/towers and not on others, beyond the control of the player. Not good, because environment gets gamed and exploited all the time.

And also this is a wasted opportunity. It shouldn't be a feature, it should be a tool that we choose to use and it should come with a cost if we do.

Platoon/full squad leaders on a continent should be able to vote to toggle it on/off, should be able to discuss in leader channels the strategic benefits of it, and having it on should impact every player through a drain in their resource gain / tick.

For the sack of argument, lets say -100/tick to aero and vehicle is the cost to every player in that faction on the continent in having the shield on. Now this is a strategic player/empire decision that needs to be made and constantly reassessed.

By making it a tool with "hooks" into other systems and giving control of it to the player, you're meeting Planetside 2's primary mission statement: Player Driven Content.

Having the Dev team make the decision based on the flow they want to have, is a theme park mechanism not a sandbox. No matter how good the Devs intentions are ( and they do come from a place of caring, I do believe that ) they shouldn't be playing my game for me.

I would much rather the domes be pushed back until it can be made into a robust tool that opens up the deeper strategic game of our creation.

NOTES: I don't think the domes should instantly turn on, more like a warm up time so the resources get drained from the players before actually coming on.

I'm sure there's many threads on this matter, and that my opinion has already have been canvassed. I'm engaged enough to post, just not enough to read through 20 pages. So I post it here as it was brought up in the AGN.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion