Another RPG element - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Uniting Soulmates since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-14, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Seer
Major

I'm not saying it wasn't his idea in a general, super abstract sense. I'm saying it's not his idea in the sense that it had to be specifically considered by the devs and among the first things decided about the basic design of the game. Whether or not planetside will act like every other SOE game and be centered around level and skill progression, or whether everyone will be able to use the same weapon on the same level. The cert system we have today is a testament to their original position, wholly aside from the massive amounts of verbiage that have already been expended on this topic practically since the game was a gleam in SOE's eye. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but to claim the concepts of weapon skill progression as an original idea in December of 2003 is really extraordinary.
Old 2003-12-14, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zompton
Corporal

Sorry, i haven't been around lately so i figured i was the first to present this idea. (since nobody said in either of my topics that it was mentioned before)
PC in the Works; Pentium4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB, Albatron PX865PE Pro2 motherboard (OC king), 1536mb(1-1/2ghz) Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR400mhz Dual Channel RAM, Radeon 9600pro 128mb 8xAGP graphics card, Duel 80ghz 7200rpm 8mb harddrives, Windows XP Professional, 19" Sony GS420 monitor with 1600x1200@85hz resolution, 5.1 surroundsound system, and more...
Old 2003-12-14, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Plus, what about the people like me, who have gotten rid of his Adv hacking cert. for short periods of time while I got another cert.?
Old 2003-12-14, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

that idea is already in, and is wasmade so well that the same guy across multiple accounts, IP's and characters still maintains his bonus.
the creator however is not the devs, but evolution/god/budha/whoever you think created us.
the more you use a weapon the better you are at aiming with it! a noob who isn't use to aiming in planetside will get owned every time against a veteran, no need to amplify it. why not just hand out aimbots to anyone above BR18?
and don't forget all the people who make new accounts? they should be punished for that? this is not everquest!
Old 2003-12-14, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

RPG ban.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-14, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

"Oops, I did it again, I played with your gun, I'm not that innocent."
*Gun blows up in your hands*
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion