Planet Side Apocalypse - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Think different
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-27, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
darkfireknight2
Private

Planet Side Apocalypse

For all those who havent seen them they have released some screen shots for Half Life 2 and it looks awsome. So my question is; has Planet Side had it's 15 minuets of fame before it's relase? orrrr... is this just another bump in the way of the planet side megalith?
What do you think

Screw System requirements I'm running Ps on a 8mgb video card with a 28k connection. And incase you are wondering i am the asshole stuck in the respawn tube, so?

Old 2003-04-27, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Half Life 2's just another death match game. Graphics look much improved though. I'll never buy it because once I beat singleplayer theres nothing really left except boring deathmatch... In my opinion theres nothing left to add to standard deathmatch. To me, quake, half life, unreal, system shock, elite force, they're practically all alike. No one really plays half life multiplayer anymore, only reason people play half life is the mods, and they're now getting their own retail games. I'll probably get a friend to buy it and then burn his cd and beat single player. Though I will be buying doom 3, that looks much more impressive than half life 2.
If anything's a planetside killer, it's doom 3, and i don't think even that will do it.
Old 2003-04-27, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
2coasts
Corporal

doomIII and halflife2 are being released later this year, so.... yes.

Venoxile, its all about the mods.
Old 2003-04-27, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by 2coasts
doomIII and halflife2 are being released later this year, so.... yes.

Venoxile, its all about the mods.
it's not all about the mods, that's bullshit. The good mods have already been created, and are getting sequels made in retail form. The proof of this is ut2k3. It's got the best graphics engine to date, but the mods for it suck ass. No one's got any good ideas for mods anymore, and if someone does, they're amateurs and will fuck it up. I used to know lots of pro modders, but they've all actually gotten jobs for their talent.
Old 2003-04-27, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

/me holds on tight to his PS

please, if you want to run off to HL2 or DOOM III go ahead....

but I will still be playing planetside. this game looks very damn nice at highest detail, and when I'm crusing 5-10 minutes across a continent in a deliverer with my squad mates just to get caught in a hurricane... well thats just friggen cool.

and when I can do all that on a huge server free of cheaters and (for the most part)smacktards. well tis a truly great game indeed.

It'll be a long while before you catch me on some 20 or 32 player public server that the map resets evey 5 minutes...
Old 2003-04-27, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
2coasts
Corporal

Venoxile, i disagree. I do agree that no game has great mod support anymore, as Quake 2 and HalfLife did in their haydays, but thats because now everything is too spread out. There are still good new mods comming out, Desert Combat for BF1942 and Natural Selection for HL for example. Both high quality mods. I doubt any game will attrack quality mods in any concentratoin again tho untill atleast Quake 4 (sequal to Quake 2, the best game of all time).
Old 2003-04-27, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Wonderer
Private

awww q2 i miss that game.... It was alot better than q3. The mods for it were awsome too espically rocket arena w00t!!!
Old 2003-04-27, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Angelos
First Sergeant

I belong to a large community. Half-life haterz. We hate everything to do with half-life and it's crummy mods.

Round up kids playin counter strike and ultima online
thinkin their 1337 snipe skills are real fine
and their avatar is more powerful than mine
Show them the line-up tagged new release
their games as old as moldy cheese
their graphics can't compare to these
Upgrade their systems get a real game
call their friends and tell them to do the same
show them their 1337 skillz are just lame

sorry, rap cd in my playa now....
Old 2003-04-27, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Seer
Major

Planetside hasn't even begun to make it's mark on the FPS gaming community. Was Everquest's '15 minutes of fame' up during its beta because the sequel was announced for some random lucrative franchise that frankly, wasn't even in the same genre?
Old 2003-04-27, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wonderer
Private

LOL angelos i never played cs so i dont know what thats like. I always played tfc. HEHE that was the shizznitch. Loved being the engineer and soldier sometimes medic. TFC wasnt so bad cs kinda seemed dumb to me if i wanted something like that i would just get rainbow 6.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Angelos
First Sergeant

You'll like PS even more. The great thing is, you don't have to be some weak medic. You can be a medic packin heat in PS. PHAT heat. I'm going to be the most dangerous hacker. Let's just say, I'm almost BR9 and still don't have hack cert...
Old 2003-04-27, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

yawn.. hl2, doom.. whatever. I'll buy them probably just because they look like great FPS. However, PS is the most innovative FPS since like tribes1.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
dark_reaper
Private

Me too Ill prabally get em just for the heck of it. I agree that halflife had its 15 min of fame. It is time to move on. Im rabally going more with Quake 3. I also think that Halo for PC will come out around that time frame. I bet Halo will suck for PC. But im going to stick with PS.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Angelos
First Sergeant

Innovation. Good word. I like. It really applies.

I think that's what Verant has always been about.
Old 2003-04-27, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Angelos
First Sergeant

Quake3 is old too. So old I'm getting 300 fps in it. It's not even fun. It's been pwned.

My suggestion is Soldier of Fortune 2 for training pre-release of PS. It's closest I know to shooting with it's CoF. And who can deny the thrill in blowing a leg off? In single player graphics are awesome and there are 16 body parts!

There is another game coming out called Chrome. It looks great. I like the rag-doll effects, something I wish more games had. You know, UT2k3 blows chunks, but games that come out with it's engine will rock.

For screens of Chrome check here
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion