PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hold still!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2002-09-28, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I love writing stories. I try to stay away from writing about other real people though... I don't like making their characters say something, and then have some that person say, "I would NEVER say that..." Anyway, here's the begining:

October 5th - Pah. It still bothers me that I can't write the year next to the date. But I guess security comes before habit, until it becomes both anyway. As for progress, nothing as of yet. All of our research is for jack right now. Some of the others are even talking about asking to be moved to a different projecy. Can't say I blame them. Not only is this nerve wracking, but we're pressed for time. If we can't discover EXACTLY where this wormhole leads, we may miss our chance. The government obviously doesn't want to send in a multi-billion dollar piece of equipment through some rip in space just to have it scrapped or unusable instantaneously. From what we can tell, it seems safe. I'd say there's about a 65% chance it would be fine to travel... And while that's better than a cointoss, it definitely doesn't suit safety needs. I still don't understand why our expeditionary drone that we sent through couldn't contact us. I doubt something that expensive just up and died... I guess I should be getting some sleep. I'll need it for tomorrow.

November 19th - Now is the moment of truth. We're about to send out an expeditionary ship into the wormhole. Travel through it should be nearly flawless (all of those calculations had better be right...) though what will happen on the other side is anyone's guess. It seems the crew is comprised of youthfull explorers. No one old and wise enough would ever put their lives in so much danger... Perhaps it's one of the few things of youth that I miss, as strange as it may sound. As for their report, all we can do is wait and watch...

November 20th - Nothing... Message relays between them and our base of operations was lost immedeately upon enterance, just like the drone. Rumors are starting back on one of the local planets that this wormhole is actually a gate to hell, and that demons lie on the other side. As much as I'd like to scoff at those remarks, it does put me at unease... They haven't even been gone an entire day as of yet though. We should not jump to any conclusions.

November 21st - Still nothing. Most of the staff is starting to think the worst. A few are holding out hope. Only time will tell if they can make it back...

November 26nd - Still trans-dimensional silence. Maybe the journey through the wormhole destroyed the tri-quad filter? Maybe the other side disrupts the trans-signal? It's all speculation... For all we know, to wormhole's endpoint is in solid matter, which would obviously have dire consequences for whatever went through. Seven days is the usual point where hope is given up. It is best to assume that the crew is lost... The wormhole has been marked off-limits to all sectors and the research crew will be moved to a different project. It's too bad, that nature of this wormhole is quite mysterious... I would have liked to see exactly where it led, regardless of whether it was a hell or heaven.

December 7th - Just as we finished packing up the rest of the gear from this space station, sensors had picked up something exiting from the wormhole... Thoughts of invaders crossed my mind, but I quickly dismissed them. It hailed us, and lo and behold!... it was the expeditionary ship! It appeared that they explored slightly more than they were expected too... probably empowered by the vigor of their youth. Upon debreifing, we learned that the wormhole led into a sheltered solar system. It seemed to have a cloud of some kind of intereference that surrounded that area entirely, not allowing any form of communication escape. While our trans-responders should not be affected by anything from this plane of existance, whether solid or energy, it seemed to have a strange reaction none the less. We were also told of a hospitable planet, one that seemed to have quite a bit of natural resources as well as an overall climate similar to our planet of origin. While the lands themselves seem to have vastly different zones of weather and temperature, it seems that the world would not need terraforming. This could truly be the Holy Grail for an expansion world! We've recieved word that a colonization force will be sent to this world and claim it in the name of the Terran Republic. And I, being part of the research teams for the wormhole, was asked to participate in it. It seems scientists of my caliber are needed for undertakings such as this. I gladly accpected. Who knows what interllectual treasures are to be found there?

Obviously more to come later... Hope this reading was too difficult on the eyes.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2002-09-28 at 03:39 PM.
Old 2002-09-28, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Isic
Private

Old 2002-09-28, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
eMaGyN
Major

Last edited by eMaGyN; 2002-09-28 at 10:07 PM.
Old 2002-09-30, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Old 2002-10-02, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Phear the red X
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge