An important question I forgot to ask! Anyone know the answer? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I thought it was 'VIP Stalker.'
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-24, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

An important question I forgot to ask! Anyone know the answer?

Will there be an outfit point system like in PlanetSide 1? Individual and tracked points make it easy for leaders to build an inter-outfit "progression" system that I feel is necessary for the character of outfits.
Old 2012-03-24, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: An important question I forgot to ask! Anyone know the answer?

Not sure...

If there is, I hope there isn't a limit to maximum number an outfit can obtain. Would be a better way of measuring who's really getting the most exp than having it max out after a few years.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-24, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Well they have said Outfit's will have their own specializations, like Cert trees I guess.

So if those skills or the toys you unlock with them need to have a cost, it would be resources. Since I don't see single people paying for these as a good idea, I can see them having Outfit Resources.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-03-24, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Haven't seen anything about this - haven't heard a whole lot about Outfit stuff really.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-24, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Graywolves
General

We should be asking more outfit stuff.

Should be asking more organization stuff in general.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

I think that they should expand on the Outfit Point system. Having the raw total(s) is good and all but there needs to be context, i.e. how many in the last week, average/day, and the progression over the last month/year/all-time in graph form. It should also be clear how those Outfit points broke down, between vehicle/weapon kill totals, support data, captures/defends, and resources gained/used, with a graph over time. This data would really help an outfit tell its story.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-24, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Hey, PAX East folks - ask lots of outfit questions like this!
Old 2012-03-24, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Stardouser
Colonel

There are definitely people in the BF community who want clan support, here's one thread(there are many others) that was made in Mordor pre-BF3 release:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...n-support.html

Information that entices on that point can't go amiss.
Old 2012-03-24, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Knocky
Major

They are more focused on teh FPS peeps then those of us that are actually in Outfits and are desperate for ANY information that involves strategy or teamwork.

Plenty of info on how to zerg a base though.

This is what Higby had to say about Outfits....nothing at all.

Outfits

1) Will outfits have a resource bank that can be used by players to buy things like Galaxies for outfit use?

Not currently

2) If there's an outfit bank, is there a 'free tax' that is used to generate resources for that bank? 3) Can outfits enforce a uniform for each class/vehicle to ensure the outfit has a professional and distinct look?

This is definitely something we want to do.

4) Can outfits upload custom logos or have custom skins through the station store?

We've discussed this but haven't really locked down if it'll be possible. I hope so, it seems awesome.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

I can definitely see the need for inter personal resource trading.

I mean, the galaxy pilot will probably be the one who foots the bill for the party, but I'm certain the passengers, especially in an outfit, are willing to chip in for a continued stream of drop ships.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NlightN
Private

He also had this to say:

Q: Will there be organizational tools for outfit leaders?

A: A lot of our hopes for massive coordination both for outfits and in general rely on the mission system. Our design for the mission system is that players (including your outfit leaders) can create missions which are then accepted by players to complete. Ideally by having various levels of granularity we will allow large groups of people to coordinate without the overhead. We've got a lot of work to do to make this perfect, and my hope is that by having some big organized outfits helping us out in beta we can hammer out all the features that you guys want / need in order to have the best possible experience.
and this...

Q: Have you nailed down any of the Outfit game mechanics more than when we last talked?

A: Outfit advancement mechanics are still in flux enough that I don't really want to commit on what it will look like quite yet.
So basicly they have some ideas for Outfits in mind but want to wait till beta to test the waters on what outfits might use and/or want
Old 2012-03-24, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Perhaps it's just my suspicious nature, but there is an obvious problem with the 'massive co-ordination' missions... If I create a mission for my Outfit to undertake, what's to stop an opposing player use a second account to hop on an alt (f2p and all) and see exactly where we're going? More over what would prevent them looking at all of an our Empire's available missions and relaying them back to their allies? Wouldn't this effectively kill mass Empire 'raids'?

Last edited by Dart; 2012-03-24 at 06:05 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion