Vanu Crusade Mission Option - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Smarter than your average website!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-29, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mechzz
Major

Vanu Crusade Mission Option

Vanu is half-science, half-religion. But nothing has been made of the religion side of things.

So, we could have a CRUSADE mission option that can be created once per month by peeps at the top of the command cert tree? The CRUSADE would involve nominating a target that is as far as possible from a currently purple hex and would be time-limited (24 RL hours?). If the target hex is not captured on time the CRUSADE expires.

Anyone opting to join the crusade would get unique camo options in the cash shop. Think All-white armour with a big red cross on it:

Now imagine a line of all-white magriders, supported by all-white scythes pushing ahead of a heaving mass of blood-thirsty grunts towards their cowering target.

For this, I might even not mind the white camo disappearing after a crusade failure, only getting to keep it if the crusade succeeds (hint, hint SOE)

And to not leave the others out, what mission options would our war-mongering friends like?

For the NC - a LIBERATION THRUST, to free the oppressed?

For the TR - a plain old-fashioned COUNTER-INSURGENCY?

Yes? No? Other ideas?

Edit: Changed TR to counter-insurgency as original choice of words was insensitive - my apologies.

Last edited by Mechzz; 2012-03-30 at 04:01 AM.
Old 2012-03-29, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
RNFB
First Sergeant

Re: Vanu Crusade Mission Option

I don't understand... why would they become white? They aren't Christian >_>
Old 2012-03-29, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
I don't understand... why would they become white? They aren't Christian >_>
The idea is to distinguish players who have opted to join the mission. Could be another colour/pattern, just something distinctive.
Old 2012-03-29, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice idea
Old 2012-03-29, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I propose that the VS/NC turn black and the TR have a KKK day!

Old 2012-03-29, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
I propose that the VS/NC turn black and the TR have a KKK day!

Funnily enough, that's how one of the TR uniforms always looked to me
Old 2012-03-29, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Could be a lot of fun, especially when the rest of us find out what the Vanu target is and the most massive battle of all time plays out at the last hex.
Old 2012-03-29, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

"Here is a splendid cathedral of pain and blood WORTHY of a Black Crusade!" - DoW2 Chaos Narrator

Imo Red+White is TR snow camo (and half the teams in Barclays), so I think you should come up with something different. Like Black and Teal...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-03-29 at 05:10 AM.
Old 2012-03-29, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

White armour you can have but a red cross? no, you'll have to settle for a Rainbow or a Purple Dinosaur

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-03-29, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Like it.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-29, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Angry Re: Vanu Experiment Mission Option

Dislike! We aren't aiming for a Feudal Theocracy!

Our "faith" is based in science, in things we can measure and interpret and hypothesize. It wouldn't be a Crusade. The most potent "religious" action we can do is performing a live experiment on the battlefield. I don't even think we'd call it a "sacred" task, just something necessary to further our research efforts.

Replace "Crusade" with "Experiment" and you have yourself a deal. Maybe it'll work something like this:

Research teams will deploy a schematic to all Engineers, who will be able to meet at the designated hex and begin building the experimental device with an ACE and a buncha repair goo. Once the experimental device has been constructed, it must be defended until it completes its task or is fully destroyed. It takes 5 uninterrupted minutes to complete, but sustaining even 10% damage will cause it to pause operations until repaired.
Old 2012-03-29, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Vanu Experiment Mission Option

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Dislike! We aren't aiming for a Feudal Theocracy!

Our "faith" is based in science, in things we can measure and interpret and hypothesize. It wouldn't be a Crusade. The most potent "religious" action we can do is performing a live experiment on the battlefield. I don't even think we'd call it a "sacred" task, just something necessary to further our research efforts.

Replace "Crusade" with "Experiment" and you have yourself a deal. Maybe it'll work something like this:

Research teams will deploy a schematic to all Engineers, who will be able to meet at the designated hex and begin building the experimental device with an ACE and a buncha repair goo. Once the experimental device has been constructed, it must be defended until it completes its task or is fully destroyed. It takes 5 uninterrupted minutes to complete, but sustaining even 10% damage will cause it to pause operations until repaired.
You misunderstand the Vanu, they are filthy fanatics and religious nutjobs, a crusade is right up their street. Dangerous vermin.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-29, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mechzz
Major

Well, we ain't no lovey-doveys, however many Rainbows and Ponies get posted in an attempt to shame us away from the true foundations of our faith.

A "Crusade" type of action seems appropriate given the level of enmity we have with our closest neighbours on Auraxis, no?

I got the idea thinking about Medieval:Total War. I love stacking a crusade and sending it waltzing over the map . To actually be part of one would be out of this world (sic).

I also think that as well as a distinctive camo, anybody who signs up to a Vanu-Crusade should get a Vanu Flag flying on a vertical stick from the back of their armour or vehicle, like the Shogun warriors in Japan. (this is in addition to Outfit decals, of course)

It would give a real sense of "things happening in the world" to see even some of your own troops spawning out in that kit - might even make you want sign up, boooaaay!! All the better to follow the true faith of Vanu.

And to see your "Crusade" streaming into action would be awe-inspiring, because it would be just that bit different, out of the ordinary.
Old 2012-03-29, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Vanu Experiment Mission Option

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
You misunderstand the Vanu, they are filthy fanatics and religious nutjobs, a crusade is right up their street. Dangerous vermin.
You not dare say, "right up their ALLEY"?!?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-29, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

It's not a 'Crusade' it is a 'cleansing'
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion