Loss Of EXP POINTS?? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spelling optional.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-21, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
nsain00
Private

Loss Of EXP POINTS??

Ok now i know that death count in this game is gonna be huge so what im wondering is if u die will u loose your exp points that uve gained cause if u do thats gonna suck really really bad.

Thanks
Old 2003-02-21, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Well, they do that in EQ, probably to encourage teaming up with people, but I doubt they would do that here.
Old 2003-02-21, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Planeswalker
Private

you dont lose BEP or CEP upon death
Old 2003-02-21, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mold
Sergeant

i think the only way to possibly loose ep's you have gained recently is to disconnect without saving...unless the game saves your score like every second.
Old 2003-02-21, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

I think you should lose BEP in one of the stages of Griefing. Constant Griefers would possibly even lose certs. Just another incentive to watch your fire.
Old 2003-02-21, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Croco
Private

I agree with u 100%, SilentCacophony.
Old 2003-02-21, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
esham

i agree with that...re-earning certs would be a huge deturrent for greifing

Old 2003-02-21, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Mold
i think the only way to possibly loose ep's you have gained recently is to disconnect without saving...unless the game saves your score like every second.
I am sure that it keeps track of your char, so if you just drop off (plug gets ripped out of the wall, etc) your char will be saved right then. Thus you will NEVER lose any points earned.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-21, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SilentCacophony
I think you should lose BEP in one of the stages of Griefing. Constant Griefers would possibly even lose certs. Just another incentive to watch your fire.
i do not agree at all, say you hit a galaxy by accident that had a full crew, but it was close to death, thus you would have gotten what 10000 grief pts? and go from lvl 20 to lvl1? no, I think that weapons lock and account ban are jsut fine, I do not think that people should ever lsoe points, and since you never lose points the way things work now, I dont see them changing it.

Sure griefing is annoying, but weapons lock and ban are rather big deterrents. Do you think that anyone that griefs a bunch will get to lvl 20, or that if they do they will care about going down a rank or 2?
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-21, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
HopperWolf
Private

well, I believe I read somewhere that you don't get grief points if your galaxy load of people gets shot down.

Also, I think it would be a GOOD idea to loose exp when you die if there was going to be a problewm with people re-entering battles really quickly so that people would be pretty careful about deaths. (People remember FPS' where that one guy kills a ton of people from a good position then is taken out, only to respawn and take up position again seconds later?)

BUT with the system as it is, that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2003-02-22, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Arthell
Master Sergeant

I dont want to be punished for playing the game and i dont want to be forced to play it a certain way.

However, i think a little stage in griefing that makes it so after you have 10% speed and before you are banned it reduces you to level 1. Not really needed though, since if someone TKs at 10% speed they are trying to get banned, or are just not that bright ...
Old 2003-02-22, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Arthell
I dont want to be punished for playing the game and i dont want to be forced to play it a certain way.

However, i think a little stage in griefing that makes it so after you have 10% speed and before you are banned it reduces you to level 1. Not really needed though, since if someone TKs at 10% speed they are trying to get banned, or are just not that bright ...
There is also a weapons lock with the speed reduction, so you have to try REALLY hard to get more grief points.
Old 2003-02-22, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
VanuSovereignty
Corporal

What Pat thinks..well..I think..What was the question? x.x; Oh.. :: just looked up at..timeline.......thing :: Ok! Well..What Pat thinks..is that when you grief, you just shouldn't gain points, or lose points. >.>; <.<; But maybe start out with little to no health? I think that'll work.

Join Vanu Alliance today!

Alpha Centauri Space Station. Commander Pat can't come to the computer right now. He's either saving the universe from some dread, unnamed peril, or perhaps taking a nappie. Leave your name and a message and he will return your call.
Old 2003-02-22, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Originally posted by HopperWolf
Also, I think it would be a GOOD idea to loose exp when you die if there was going to be a problewm with people re-entering battles really quickly so that people would be pretty careful about deaths. (People remember FPS' where that one guy kills a ton of people from a good position then is taken out, only to respawn and take up position again seconds later?)
There isnt rapid respawn. You have to wait for a respawn tube to become open for you, or wait for a medic. Apearently you can wait as long as 5 minutes for a medic, and for some reason 1 minute to respawn is sticking out in my head. Ill have to do some research on that....again.
Old 2003-02-22, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Five minutes, hmm. Since you say we have to wait for a "respawn tube" does that mean respawn time will be reflected by the amount of players playing?

In other words...less players means more "respawn tubes" thus faster respawn?

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion