Gameplay: [Idea] Garrison Duty - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because I'm worth it
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-09-17, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ikeda
Private

Re: [Idea] Garrison Duty

Could just give engineers spitfire turrets again. Or they could do something that actually gives players a decent amount of certs/auraxium for staying back and defending bases. Not saying it has to be better or even equal to what people get for actively taking bases but with it as low as it is now and probably even lower now that they're taking away free certs over time no one's going to want to defend.
Old 2012-09-18, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Whiteagle
Major

Ah, but they aren't taking away Certifications over time anymore!
Still, yeah, the idea is that at least you'd get something for sitting around someplace like Indar Excavations or Mao...
Old 2012-09-18, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Raka Maru
Major

I like the garrison duty idea. Gotta go to the remote outpost and sign up, or have it appear in the mission system. Give limit of 30 min for duty and you have to sign on again. Plus give engies spitfires and enough slots so mines and other deployables are not useless.

Why make it less XP? Defense is a valid tactic. They get no kills or base caps anyways if no one comes.
Old 2012-09-18, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Figment
Lieutenant General

How about we just put up a tiny little flag on the map that says the hex is being taken over so people know where to respond?

The alerts they put in help a bit in locating enemies, but you still have to manually browse every hex to see the alert status.
Old 2012-09-18, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ikeda
Private

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Ah, but they aren't taking away Certifications over time anymore!
Still, yeah, the idea is that at least you'd get something for sitting around someplace like Indar Excavations or Mao...
Even if they aren't taking away certs over time people get way too little certs/auraxium for playing defense. Just sitting around defending the base it took me pretty much all day to get 25 certs. Got bored because enemies stopped coming for a while so I flew around a bit in a reaver and got 25 certs within like a hour or 2. But yeah your idea sounds good.
Old 2012-09-18, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Raka Maru
Major

The garrison will populate the territories and let those that tire of the meat grinder a place to hang out. I know there are little favorite spots that people would like to call their own. If someone hangs around this area most of the time when not at the front, then they know every nook and cranny of the map. It could be like a home base away from home.

If enemies want to back hack, they will find there is always a fight waiting there with the people that guard it.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault