The New Infiltrator Update! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Come for the PS2 info but stay for the Russian mail-order bride ads.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-12, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Dragonskin
Major

Re: The New Infiltrator Update!

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I don't understand... I've read the SOE post and they mention a "known issue" where the primary weapon is locked out. Surely they will fix this issue before it goes live?
Different bug. The stalker cloak sacrifices the infiltrators primary weapon for the ability to have virtually unlimited cloak duration. From the vid I saw Koolaidline post on it the duration seemed to be ok at max rank, but if it's less than that it won't be worth using.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
CanVer
Private

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...pm-cet.172843/

So today we get to exploit the new stuff (maybe tomorrow? server downtime and all).

Too bad they didn't add vehicle hacking or increase other types of hacking possibilities in this update. I was looking forward to something like that.
Old 2014-02-13, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

/rant

Can't say as I'm that thrilled that the 'I'm special and skilled and I do make a difference and it isn't about me just looking for cheap kills' solo class getting so much love.

I had some grudging respect for cloakers back in the day when a good one would infiltrate a crowded interwhore and pop the gen. He was doin what you'd expect an infil to be doin and the class was more defined.

Now it's just a class for farming revenue from solo players.

Now the vast majority who play infil are solo players looking for cheap kills and invariably ignore any kind of objective.

A minority exist who use the class effectively, I respect you guys and you are likely to be the guys reading this so don't take it that I'm tarring all infils with the same brush, I'm merely tarring 85% of infils with the same brush.

/rant off

Anyways, I'm a pretty reasonable guy most of the time, I just hate that class.

Last edited by Gimpylung; 2014-02-13 at 07:13 AM.
Old 2014-02-13, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
/rant

Can't say as I'm that thrilled that the 'I'm special and skilled and I do make a difference and it isn't about me just looking for cheap kills' solo class getting so much love.

I had some grudging respect for cloakers back in the day when a good one would infiltrate a crowded interwhore and pop the gen. He was doin what you'd expect an infil to be doin and the class was more defined.

Now it's just a class for farming revenue from solo players.

Now the vast majority who play infil are solo players looking for cheap kills and invariably ignore any kind of objective.

A minority exist who use the class effectively, I respect you guys and you are likely to be the guys reading this so don't take it that I'm tarring all infils with the same brush, I'm merely tarring 85% of infils with the same brush.

/rant off

Anyways, I'm a pretty reasonable guy most of the time, I just hate that class.
Not that I want to start a huge flame war or anything, but you can pretty much say that for all classes.

All comes down to the personal play style or whatever you are doing for the day. Can't really lump all infiltrators in the same boat because you could put all engineers in the vehicle-whoring and repair-whoring category. Medics in the revive-whoring category spamming revive grenades even though they know those people will die again so they will revive them again for easy certs. Light assaults camping rooftops and laying c4 surprises in mass groups when defending biolabs and towers. Heavy assaults farming kills with their overshield, large ammo pools and rockets. Maxxers defending biolabs and towers just farming kills and running back for repairs.. (to the engineers that are repair whoring).

Just because you are another class doesn't mean you are actually pushing the objective and not farming kills.
Old 2014-02-13, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Ahhh, I don't do flamewars Dragon m8. And it is a bit of an unreasoned rant. hence the tags and you make fair points that all classes can be played selfishly too. I absolutely agree, I just feel the infil class has been designed with selfish solo play in mind more so than the other classes.

I do have an irrational hatred of a playstyle that I never engage in but I suspect I'm not the only one when it comes to snipers and cloakers.

An irrational hatred of medics, heavys, LAs and engies is probably less common among the playbase.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
An irrational hatred of medics, heavys, LAs and engies is probably less common among the playbase.
I and several I know are the kind belonging to hatred towards medics. :P Their update can't come soon enough.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Looking forward to the changes. Some bug fixes in there that have been going on for quite a long time. lockons ignoring terrain and debris fixes (if they actually do fix them) will be like a breath of fresh air.

Looking forward to using the EMPs as they were intended.

Old 2014-02-13, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
War Barney
Sergeant Major

My god this has been a HUGE buff to infiltrators, they were annoying enough as it was without a never ending stealth and becoming even harder to see =( I hope the heavy gets a mega buff patch soon as well, its getting harder and harder to come up with a reason to play one when LA and medics get C4 (which is better by FAR for blowing up tanks than rockets) and LMGs just don't seem that useful, they say they are meant to be great for range but the kick is so high (for NC anyway) that carbines outperform my LMG at range almost every time.

Oh well... guess I should just play a infiltrator for a while to make the most of it until they hear the screams of people getting insanely annoyed at constantly invisible impossible to see infiltrators
Old 2014-02-13, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

While I agree with you WB on the reviving scenario needing some tweaking, the stealth for an infiltrator, even a maxed certed infiltrator, is far from never ending stealth. While they did not completely remove the issue with seeing infiltrators that were in transit, at least they offered a means to be truly stealthy at the expense of speed or in the case of the new cloak, fire power.

As to your last statement. Please do play an infiltrator and you can perhaps start to understand it takes more then a cloak and a smg to be a successful infiltrator.

Old 2014-02-13, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
War Barney
Sergeant Major

I've played a infiltrator and its quite easy as stealth lasts so long, the never ending stealth I was on about is the stalker cloak they've added which IS never ending if you stand still so you can literally sit perfectly still in a base and not get noticed as they've even made it harder to spot stealthers too.

I guess I'll just need to put a darklight on every weapon, granted its a huge disadvantage for us NC as our guns need that slot for a laser sight or grip but with this buff to infiltrators theres no choice. Sure its balanced out by the lack of a primary but theres pistols which 2 shot you anyway (perhaps 1 shot with a knife too I'll need to check) AND they then intend to give another buff to stealth with implants.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
I've played a infiltrator and its quite easy as stealth lasts so long, the never ending stealth I was on about is the stalker cloak they've added which IS never ending if you stand still so you can literally sit perfectly still in a base and not get noticed as they've even made it harder to spot stealthers too.

I guess I'll just need to put a darklight on every weapon, granted its a huge disadvantage for us NC as our guns need that slot for a laser sight or grip but with this buff to infiltrators theres no choice. Sure its balanced out by the lack of a primary but theres pistols which 2 shot you anyway (perhaps 1 shot with a knife too I'll need to check) AND they then intend to give another buff to stealth with implants.
Get the crossbow and put the sensor dart on it and the flashlight. You can use it on any class as your secondary.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Complete stealth while unmoving. How much can you do while your cloaked and unmoving? Not much other then relate information over voice comms and remain undetected while you wait for the coast to clear or for someone to wander by. The stalker cloak will lend itself to patience. In order for the infiltrator to do anything they still need to uncloak, thus still becoming vulnerable.

There's always a choice. And you need to make a choice if infiltrators are causing you that much grief that you need to sacrifice improved accuracy. As stated before the infiltrator will still have to uncloak to do anything. The cloaking noise is very unique noise for each faction and hard to miss. If your having trouble hearing it, turn down your ingame music etc.

I had to learn to pick up on it and react accordingly. You need to do the same. If you can adjust your gameplay accordingly, the squishiness of infiltrators allows for you to survive one on one encounters with them, even when they get the drop on your more times then not. And from the sounds of it you prefer HA, as soon as you hear the decloaking hit your shield and turn around. You'll win more of those engagements if you do.

And those two shot pistols your refering to? Last time I checked they did not have a supressor option. And knifing takes two strokes to kill a full health enemy. Its actually the most overpowered weapon in the game, and is severely underutilized.

Last edited by CraazyCanuck; 2014-02-13 at 01:39 PM. Reason: I cants spall noting
Old 2014-02-13, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
War Barney
Sergeant Major

The problem I have with it is 1 crossbow bolt and a knife = a kill, so kills are still very easy you just can't gun down entire squads now, and of course it regens while still stealthed when you stand still so you literally never need to come out of stealth, this will be about THE most powerful tool in the world for ghost cappers, can you imagine how bad it will be having full squads of infiltrators permanently stealthed around a point they just took...
Old 2014-02-13, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
can you imagine how bad it will be having full squads of infiltrators permanently stealthed around a point they just took...
with pistols only.... you forgot to mention.

I guess these infiltrators will easily loose to the similarly sized squad of LAs.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
with pistols only.... you forgot to mention.

I guess these infiltrators will easily loose to the similarly sized squad of LAs.
Pistols or crossbows with explosives tips, and don't forget those crossbows get access to good sights and 2 shot people. Hell 1 crossbow bolt and a single knife and you get the kill. Its not really such a disadvantage except when trying to solo huge groups.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion